mkfriedrich

Well-Known "Member"
Jun 26, 2013
San Diego CA
Name
michael friedrich
Boat
Liberty
Thank you for this George, you are right about Cody teaching us by example. A lot of guy's don't know how to set up next to another boat and not disrupt things. Giving numbers where he caught fish the day before is huge to me. I've watched sportsmanship leave almost all the sports here in the US. What Cody and Micheal Friedrich and some other young guy's are doing is Old School, Sportsmanship and Fellowship. These young guy's are teaching us the right way to do it and it has become infectious and I'm just happy they let me fish with them. It makes me feel young again.
Corey
I agree to this. I appreciate the hell out of you guys and the respect level is to the fullest. Proud to be apart of a community of solid fisherman doing the most. You guys are so rad.
Much love.

longboard85

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Dec 14, 2011
La mesa ca
Name
cody
Boat
17 ft invader cc (Somethings Fishy)
Thank you for this George, you are right about Cody teaching us by example. A lot of guy's don't know how to set up next to another boat and not disrupt things. Giving numbers where he caught fish the day before is huge to me. I've watched sportsmanship leave almost all the sports here in the US. What Cody and Micheal Friedrich and some other young guy's are doing is Old School, Sportsmanship and Fellowship. These young guy's are teaching us the right way to do it and it has become infectious and I'm just happy they let me fish with them. It makes me feel young again.
Corey
Thanks for the kind words Corey it's a pleasure to fish with you and you are a great sportsman who does it the right way!! I still have at least one more offshore trip in me so we need to make it happen before they leave I'll keep in touch!

grahams98

Jun 25, 2008
Dexter, OR
Name
Steve
Boat
18 FT Ranger Chief 380
I just watched the video that was posted earlier and you're shaming me a bit with all those fish in that 17ft Invader. I own this older but really solid Ranger Chief and have avoided running it the salt as I'm worried about going over the bar(s) here in Oregon. Guess I need to pick a nice day and make it happen. Also thinking about towing it down and leaving it down there for the summer next year.

upload_2019-10-11_13-16-35.png

Reactions: longboard85

longboard85

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Dec 14, 2011
La mesa ca
Name
cody
Boat
17 ft invader cc (Somethings Fishy)
My envy spillith over, Cody! Dang!

Looks like I may be out there fishing private next Wednesday if the stars are all aligned. My season has plain sucked locally. Not sure what the word quit means - yet.
Thanks Steve let me know if you make it down here!
I agree to this. I appreciate the hell out of you guys and the respect level is to the fullest. Proud to be apart of a community of solid fisherman doing the most. You guys are so rad.
Much love.
Totally agree amigo!

Geo-Fish

Well-Known "Member"
Nov 18, 2016
San Diego
Name
Geo
Boat
Geo-Fish
I must chime in. And I agree, Cody, Cory and Michael...I appreciate you guys. Even though we may not actually be sharing the water on the same day, I appreciate our exchange of information. And I hope I have helped you guys as much as you have helped or reassured me.

And you three have led and inspired me to write posts here on BD. And despite the horror stories, I appreciate the kind words and encouragement you all have shown me.

Tight lines all! Cody, Cory and Michael.....You guys rock!

stangclassic66

USCG Master
Oct 21, 2004
San Diego/SF Bay
Name
Capt. Erik
Boat
25’ Parker
I just watched the video that was posted earlier and you're shaming me a bit with all those fish in that 17ft Invader. I own this older but really solid Ranger Chief and have avoided running it the salt as I'm worried about going over the bar(s) here in Oregon. Guess I need to pick a nice day and make it happen. Also thinking about towing it down and leaving it down there for the summer next year.

View attachment 1077871
Be careful Steve, 5 years ago i towed my 20’ Grady down here and left it for the summer. Had so much fun I sold it and bought a Parker 25’ and left it for the next summer. Then moved down entirely!

grahams98

Jun 25, 2008
Dexter, OR
Name
Steve
Boat
18 FT Ranger Chief 380
Be careful Steve, 5 years ago i towed my 20’ Grady down here and left it for the summer. Had so much fun I sold it and bought a Parker 25’ and left it for the next summer. Then moved down entirely!
Ya, my bride of 32 years isn't so keen to go back but my brother still lives in Orange os it could work for the summer. I Used to run a Montauk 17 to Catalina as a younger man. Just a couple extra jerry cans plus a compass heading mixed with ignorance and lot of want to.