longboard85

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Dec 14, 2011
La mesa ca
Name
cody
Boat
17 ft invader cc (Somethings Fishy)
Left shelter island at 5 this morning with an amazing scoop of bait and was greeted with sloppy messed up seas. Slowly made my way to the grounds and thankfully around 730 the wind backed off allowing a better cruising speed.
20191010_154731.jpg

Got west of the islands and instantly found 2 spots of foamers up, but quickly sank out when I got close. Kept heading southwest towards the 371 but never made it that far. I found a kelp with about 30 birds on it with no one around.
20191010_154827.jpg

I slid up and threw a bait out and was instantly bit. It was wide open on all quality models with No skipjack mixed in. I had my fun then starting calling boats in as they cruised by. Everyone that came in was very respectful and listened to how I asked them to approach. I chummed the rest of my bait for them and slowly went down swell to clean up while the tuna erupted on my chum.

By the time I headed in there was about 10 boats all working together putting fish on the boat. An amazing morning of catching and back to the dock by noon. Get in on it while it's still here, Good luck!
20191010_154251.jpg
20191010_154526.jpg
20191010_154614.jpg

islandhooker

Jun 29, 2007
ca
Name
chris
Boat
Trophy center console
Left shelter island at 5 this morning with an amazing scoop of bait and was greeted with sloppy messed up seas. Slowly made my way to the grounds and thankfully around 730 the wind backed off allowing a better cruising speed. View attachment 1077647
Got west of the islands and instantly found 2 spots of foamers up, but quickly sank out when I got close. Kept heading southwest towards the 371 but never made it that far. I found a kelp with about 30 birds on it with no one around.View attachment 1077648
I slid up and threw a bait out and was instantly bit. It was wide open on all quality models with No skipjack mixed in. I had my fun then starting calling boats in as they cruised by. Everyone that came in was very respectful and listened to how I asked them to approach. I chummed the rest of my bait for them and slowly went down swell to clean up while the tuna erupted on my chum.

By the time I headed in there was about 10 boats all working together putting fish on the boat. An amazing morning of catching and back to the dock by noon. Get in on it while it's still here, Good luck!View attachment 1077655View attachment 1077656 View attachment 1077658
Damn dude. You killed it once again. ! I need to take off a weekday from work.

cchris

Oct 2, 2014
Name
Cris
Boat
friends :)
Good job guys, karma will definitely be on your side one day. Nothing better than getting a little help on days you are struggling out there.

MATTANZA

old man of the sea, in training.
Aug 23, 2004
Cali the state of confusion, the state of shock
Name
RICK
Boat
Boston Whaler 25' Outrage "MATTANZA II", 34' Radovcich "AMY ANNE" {when it needs to be fixed}
Reactions: longboard85

gonzo25

GOT A BIG ONE
Nov 20, 2008
san diego calif. usa
Name
george
Boat
18' Invader CC 15' bayliner son of a beach
Way to go bud, hanging in there when conditions suck... in a 17.. shows some heart and desire. I admire the consistency and the teaching by example. I think you and Cory are the reason more people are willing to share and learning that what goes around comes around. I have seen that more this year than any others I can remember. Take the compliment, I don't hand them out easily but both of you guys deserve it. I know it's the boat, those Invaders can handle the slop and the fish just can't resist them.. that's my story and I'm stickin to it. :rofl:
Seriously this has been the worst season for me with one thing after another but you guys put off such a positive energy it is inspiring. :urno1: thanks

longboard85

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Dec 14, 2011
La mesa ca
Name
cody
Boat
17 ft invader cc (Somethings Fishy)
Way to go bud, hanging in there when conditions suck... in a 17.. shows some heart and desire. I admire the consistency and the teaching by example. I think you and Cory are the reason more people are willing to share and learning that what goes around comes around. I have seen that more this year than any others I can remember. Take the compliment, I don't hand them out easily but both of you guys deserve it. I know it's the boat, those Invaders can handle the slop and the fish just can't resist them.. that's my story and I'm stickin to it. :rofl:
Seriously this has been the worst season for me with one thing after another but you guys put off such a positive energy it is inspiring. :urno1: thanks
Thanks for that George! And yes I totally agree about the boat, they are super fishy and handle the slop better then most think!

DustinD99

Chumliner
May 21, 2019
Oceanside
Name
Spring Creek Sportfishing
Boat
Authorized Operator of Babu's 17' "Marie Marie" @ Spring Creek Sportfishing
Yewww good job! Thanks for the report!

Reactions: longboard85

Hardcor

Hardcore
Jun 8, 2014
Hardcore
www.youtube.com
Name
Hardcore
Boat
Hardcore
Thank you for this George, you are right about Cody teaching us by example. A lot of guy's don't know how to set up next to another boat and not disrupt things. Giving numbers where he caught fish the day before is huge to me. I've watched sportsmanship leave almost all the sports here in the US. What Cody and Micheal Friedrich and some other young guy's are doing is Old School, Sportsmanship and Fellowship. These young guy's are teaching us the right way to do it and it has become infectious and I'm just happy they let me fish with them. It makes me feel young again.
Corey

stangclassic66

USCG Master
Oct 21, 2004
San Diego/SF Bay
Name
Capt. Erik
Boat
25’ Parker
Thank you for this George, you are right about Cody teaching us by example. A lot of guy's don't know how to set up next to another boat and not disrupt things. Giving numbers where he caught fish the day before is huge to me. I've watched sportsmanship leave almost all the sports here in the US. What Cody and Micheal Friedrich and some other young guy's are doing is Old School, Sportsmanship and Fellowship. These young guy's are teaching us the right way to do it and it has become infectious and I'm just happy they let me fish with them. It makes me feel young again.
Corey
You guys are changing the game and are setting an example of how fishing should be. This is the style of fishing camraderie i'm used to up north in the SF bay.