ShadowX

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Oct 10, 2010
Los Angeles
Name
Alex
Boat
None
Maybe not policy and go ahead and tell me I'm fucked up and a libtard but I dont support him knowing the important details of covid and not telling the public to (in his words) prevent panic...that's the kind of thing that really counts. .
Do you guys think he handled that correctly?
He didnt just keep that info from democrats...
Even in hindsight, you look at what Trump did and I can't say anyone else can do a whole lot better. He closed down the travel with China except for US citizens coming back. He even shut down travel to Europe later on when they had many cases. He dared to even shut down the economy to try to protect people's lives. The truth is that many people know its dangerous and very contagious. During January and Feb, there were many videos from China where people were dying on the streets. Every Chinese city had barriers to their cities and would not even allow anyone outside the city to come in other than government officials or food suppliers. All the signs show there were major problems. At the time when Trump closed border, there was not even a single death in America yet.

What you really hear is that left leaning press has rewritten history to blame it on Trump when he did his best given the information at the time. You can rewrite history and blame people, but when you are in the middle of a crisis without a lot of information, the actions mean more. Not only did Trump stop the borders, there was a huge demand for ventilators. He forced GM and many other companies using a war act last used in WWII to have them crank out ventilators. We ended not using them, but they are available for the future. On top of that, he cut a lot of inter-government agency red tape to allow people to try experimental drugs, therapies and speed up vaccine production. Vaccine production takes time and they cut the time by producing the vaccines before they are approved. The vaccines are in testing phase and if approved, the stock would be ready. If they are not approved, the ones they produced will be destroyed.

Think about it. You are the president of the United States with 500 million people. If you start a panic, many more lives would be lost. He did the right thing. I would say that Cuomo killed more people with his policy of putting Covid infected patients in elderly care centers and made the problem much worse. As it turns out, the elderly are the most vulnerable and he put relatively young patients with the disease in the same facilities and ended up infecting them. Nobody seems to blame Cuomo even though there are direct deaths due to his policies. You do not find a single direct cause of death from Trumps policy to fight the disease. He enforced the right policy to limit the spread, but you can't stop it. He was able to turn the predictions of up to 2 million deaths down to 200,000 so far. You can not prevent deaths during a pandemic, all you can do is limit the infection rate.

1603701195771.png

1603701355430.png

ShadowX

Oct 10, 2010
Los Angeles
Name
Alex
Boat
None
So your saying trump knew what he was saying about the virus wasnt true and he says he didn't inform us so we wouldnt panic...?
I was hoping for an answer to the actual question ...
Was keeping the info he said he believed was true from everyone the right way to handle it...?
very simple non political question...
Look around you. People are forced to work at home. Schools are closed. Barber shops, churches, indoor restaurants and on and on. People are wearing face diapers driving their cars, in their homes, on the streets, in stores. At what point did you not think this was a serious problem? Do you need a president to tell you that its a serious problem? I literally came to work and they announced that EVERYONE go home NOW. That seems scary. The whole world was in a panic at the time.

This reminds me of Airplane the movie:

ShadowX

Oct 10, 2010
Los Angeles
Name
Alex
Boat
None
Trump created more panic about caravans, than CV. Caravans posed a risk to virtually nobody.

All Trump does is pass the buck. 'I take full responsibility, it's China's fault.
Seriously, you think its okay to have thousands of people from another country march up to your country and come in without a response? A lot of these caravans are organized by criminals to distract the border patrol while they smuggle in drugs while the border patrols are busy dealing with the caravans. The drug smugglers also sneak their guys into the same caravans. If you don't think they are a problem, how come Mexico isn't keeping the same people in their country and deporting them back to other south American countries where they marched from? United States is a separate nation and they have a right to protect their borders just like any nation. When you said "posed a risk to virtually nobody", maybe you should house a few of them in your home in Mexico. They don't pose any risk to you.

When Trump refer to it as "China's fault" he is referring to the fact that China closed travel for everyone who is from Wuhan to other parts of China. They locked down Wuhan, Shanghai, Beijing and every major city. They would not let a single person out of Wuhan unless they were necessary. This was in effect even during the Chinese New Year when the entire nation shuts down and people travel all over the country to return to home to see their parents.

At the same time, they allowed anyone who wanted to leave Wuhan to fly to United States, Europe or any other part of the world. They had two separate policies to protect China and not the rest of the world. China already knew it was a major disease but they were downplaying the problem and did not want the disease to stay only in China and devastate their economy while the rest of the world was normal. They were still claiming the disease was not spread via airborn particles even though the whole nation was already wearing face masks. China also ordered millions of N95 masks from US manufacturers like 3M and did not allow any shipment of masks to go out of China even though the customers in the US already paid for them. They wanted to hoard masks and other PPE and downplaying the disease at the time.

That is why Trump has been blaming China for allowing the disease to spread outside the country in the early stages. That is the context for why he blames them and he will keep reminding them of what they did INTENTIONALLY. They knew how dangerous the disease was and did not even report accurate deaths or positive tests from Wuhan. If you looked at the previous charts, Wuhan was reporting 0 new cases in March and we all know that was pure BS.

If you didn't think China's Communist Party response was at fault for the spread of the disease to the world, you have your head in the sand. The bastards literally downplayed the disease, did not report accurate deaths, spread it to the world intentionally and hoarded all the PPE they can find. They even had the WHO in the pockets to downplay the disease and state that it was not spread via airborne particles during the early phases. That is why China has a big part of the blame.

Last edited:

ShadowX

Oct 10, 2010
Los Angeles
Name
Alex
Boat
None
BTW, if you are not following the Hunter Biden story, some of the videos and images have been leaked and its a bombshell. Its very bad. There is another 10,000 pictures and videos dumped this week. All sorts of family members from well known politicians are involved too. Its very bad. Joe Biden has already called a lid on his campaign and will not do any public speeches until after the election. Joe is already in hiding.

Twitter is in spin control at this point and people who have been blocked from posting are moving to Parler. ITS VERY BAD for the Biden family. They are in panic mode right now because the stuff is being leaked out.

marlyn

Dec 18, 2005
oak hills
Name
mark
Boat
21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
Sheesh....I still dont know if you agree with what he did or not ....
It's all I wanna know and I'll go away..
One more time ...
He flat out said that he didnt tell us what he knew so we wouldnt panic..
Did he handle the info he had correctly or not...yes or no...
Agreeing or Disagreeing with how he handled it wont make you burst into flames...I promise. .
I dont wanna say only yes or no answers but that's what I want....
Last try I'm out...
I agree with what he did 100%,They came to him telling him that 2.2 million americans would die very soon and nothing they could do to stop it.Trump made tough decisions and cut that number by 90%(thats huge),he did this with ZERO support from democrats.
Democrats instead viewed the pandemic as a golden opportunity instead of a national tragedy because they knew they had NOTHING and would lose the election based on the raging economy alone.Instead of coming together in a bipartisan way for the good of americans that elected them democrats sold out those Americans to try to further their radical left agenda that even most Dems dont beleive in.
One more thing,While trump may be the final word he has some of the smartest people in the world advising him,the same exact people who would be advising a dem president,So to say he just arbitrarily made a unilateral decision all on his own is just idiotic.
MAGA

BluefinCurly

Skipper
Aug 15, 2004
Norwalk
Name
Carl
Boat
Vagabond, The Last Minute
While we keep hearing what a bad job the administration has done with Covid, and how it is responsible for 200,000 deaths, I found this interesting:

"Less than two weeks before the presidential election, Team Biden and the media continue pushing the number of COVID-19 deaths in America as evidence that President Donald Trump’s pandemic response has been a failure. A look back at early predictions from health experts, however, indicates the United States’ pandemic response has turned out to be closer to the best-case scenario.

The worst-case scenario would be between 1.6 million and 2.2 million deaths, White House Coronavirus Task Force Coordinator Dr. Deborah Birx said during an NBC News interview back in March, during the early days of the pandemic. These projections would result from doing “nothing” to combat the virus, she said.

If we do things together, well, almost perfectly, we could get in the range of 100,000 to 200,000 fatalities,” Birx continued. In other words, with a near-perfect pandemic response, the number of deaths from the Wuhan virus could reach almost as many as have been reported to date."

https://thefederalist.com/2020/10/2...ings-almost-perfectly/?utm_campaign=ACTENGAGE

DAS

Dec 23, 2017
San Diego
Name
DAS
Boat
El Segador
Seriously, you think its okay to have thousands of people from another country march up to your country and come in without a response? A lot of these caravans are organized by criminals to distract the border patrol while they smuggle in drugs while the border patrols are busy dealing with the caravans. The drug smugglers also sneak their guys into the same caravans. If you don't think they are a problem, how come Mexico isn't keeping the same people in their country and deporting them back to other south American countries where they marched from? United States is a separate nation and they have a right to protect their borders just like any nation. When you said "posed a risk to virtually nobody", maybe you should house a few of them in your home in Mexico. They don't pose any risk to you.

When Trump refer to it as "China's fault" he is referring to the fact that China closed travel for everyone who is from Wuhan to other parts of China. They locked down Wuhan, Shanghai, Beijing and every major city. They would not let a single person out of Wuhan unless they were necessary. This was in effect even during the Chinese New Year when the entire nation shuts down and people travel all over the country to return to home to see their parents.

At the same time, they allowed anyone who wanted to leave Wuhan to fly to United States, Europe or any other part of the world. They had two separate policies to protect China and not the rest of the world. China already knew it was a major disease but they were downplaying the problem and did not want the disease to stay only in China and devastate their economy while the rest of the world was normal. They were still claiming the disease was not spread via airborn particles even though the whole nation was already wearing face masks. China also ordered millions of N95 masks from US manufacturers like 3M and did not allow any shipment of masks to go out of China even though the customers in the US already paid for them. They wanted to hoard masks and other PPE and downplaying the disease at the time.

That is why Trump has been blaming China for allowing the disease to spread outside the country in the early stages. That is the context for why he blames them and he will keep reminding them of what they did INTENTIONALLY. They knew how dangerous the disease was and did not even report accurate deaths or positive tests from Wuhan. If you looked at the previous charts, Wuhan was reporting 0 new cases in March and we all know that was pure BS.

If you didn't think China's Communist Party response was at fault for the spread of the disease to the world, you have your head in the sand. The bastards literally downplayed the disease, did not report accurate deaths, spread it to the world intentionally and hoarded all the PPE they can find. They even had the WHO in the pockets to downplay the disease and state that it was not spread via airborne particles during the early phases. That is why China has a big part of the blame.
This was Bio Warfare on Chinas part. The only question, was it deliberate? I believe it was clearly manmade, based on there initial response within their country and how the virus effects individuals.

ShadowX

Oct 10, 2010
Los Angeles
Name
Alex
Boat
None
This was Bio Warfare on Chinas part. The only question, was it deliberate? I believe it was clearly manmade, based on there initial response within their country and how the virus effects individuals.
I wouldn't go as far as saying it was intentionally released. China may have been experimenting with the virus and it accidentally escaped the lab. I don't believe it was intentionally released because they would not have released it in their own country first. On the other hand, they did intentionally spread it to other countries after it infected China by allowing infected people to travel to other countries. That is how America and Europe was infected.

In terms of being man made, I am not a biologist and do not understand the subject enough to make a determination. All I agree is that it was an infectious virus that somehow jump the gap between animal to humans. The pathogen may or may not have been contagious via airborne particles initially, but it mutated to the form where it was able to pass on from one person/animal to another via airborne particles.

The subject of bio warfare is hard to clarify. If you were "studying" a disease, it may not be considered as bio warfare. If you spliced the infectious genes into other genetic sequences to spread it to humans or to make it more dangerous, then that is a different story. We study infectious diseases in America too. Some may say that is biowarfare, but it may be to understand the disease and learn how to fight it.

lite tackle

Fish Addict
Feb 12, 2012
Fairfield/CA/USA
Name
Kelly
Boat
Grady White Seafarer 226
Ted Cruz Blasts Twitter as ‘Democrat Super PAC:’ ‘Who The Hell Elected You?’

CRUZ: “So, Mr. Dorsey … You have the power to force a media outlet – let’s be clear, the New York Post isn’t just some random guy tweeting, the New York Post has the fourth-highest circulation of any newspaper in America, the New York Post is over two hundred years old, the New York Post was founded by Alexander Hamilton, and your position is that you can sit in Silicon Valley and demand of the media, that you can tell them what stories they can publish and you can tell the American people what stories they can hear, is that right?”

“Let me ask you something. You claim it was because of a ‘hacked materials’ policy … Did Twitter block the distribution of the New York Times’ story a few weeks ago that purported to be based on copies of President Trump’s tax returns.”

DORSEY: “We didn’t find that a violation of our terms of service and this policy, because it was reporting about the material, not distributing the material.”

CRUZ: “That’s actually not true. They posted what they purported to be original source materials, and federal law, federal statute makes it a crime, a federal felony, to distribute someone’s tax returns against their knowledge, so that material was based on something that was distributed in violation of federal law, and yet Twitter gleefully allowed people to circulate that. But when the article was critical of Joe Biden, Twitter engaged in rampant censorship and silencing.”

DORSEY: “And, again, we recognize errors in that policy. We changed it within 24 hours.”

CRUZ: “But you’re still blocking the New York Post. You haven’t changed it.”

DORSEY: “We have changed it. They can log into their account, delete the original tweet, and..”

CRUZ: “You can censor the New York Post, you can censor Politico, presumably you can censor the New York Times or any other media outlet. Mr. Dorsey, who the hell elected you, and put you in charge of what the media are allowed to report and what the American people are allowed to hear, and why do you persist in behaving like a Democratic super-PAC, silencing views to the contrary of your political beliefs?”

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
Ted Cruz Blasts Twitter as ‘Democrat Super PAC:’ ‘Who The Hell Elected You?’

CRUZ: “So, Mr. Dorsey … You have the power to force a media outlet – let’s be clear, the New York Post isn’t just some random guy tweeting, the New York Post has the fourth-highest circulation of any newspaper in America, the New York Post is over two hundred years old, the New York Post was founded by Alexander Hamilton, and your position is that you can sit in Silicon Valley and demand of the media, that you can tell them what stories they can publish and you can tell the American people what stories they can hear, is that right?”

“Let me ask you something. You claim it was because of a ‘hacked materials’ policy … Did Twitter block the distribution of the New York Times’ story a few weeks ago that purported to be based on copies of President Trump’s tax returns.”

DORSEY: “We didn’t find that a violation of our terms of service and this policy, because it was reporting about the material, not distributing the material.”

CRUZ: “That’s actually not true. They posted what they purported to be original source materials, and federal law, federal statute makes it a crime, a federal felony, to distribute someone’s tax returns against their knowledge, so that material was based on something that was distributed in violation of federal law, and yet Twitter gleefully allowed people to circulate that. But when the article was critical of Joe Biden, Twitter engaged in rampant censorship and silencing.”

DORSEY: “And, again, we recognize errors in that policy. We changed it within 24 hours.”

CRUZ: “But you’re still blocking the New York Post. You haven’t changed it.”

DORSEY: “We have changed it. They can log into their account, delete the original tweet, and..”

CRUZ: “You can censor the New York Post, you can censor Politico, presumably you can censor the New York Times or any other media outlet. Mr. Dorsey, who the hell elected you, and put you in charge of what the media are allowed to report and what the American people are allowed to hear, and why do you persist in behaving like a Democratic super-PAC, silencing views to the contrary of your political beliefs?”
So true.

lite tackle

Fish Addict
Feb 12, 2012
Fairfield/CA/USA
Name
Kelly
Boat
Grady White Seafarer 226
Biden stays silent on Bobulinski claims about family's business ventures
Biden has long denied being involved in his family's business dealings

By Brooke Singman | Fox News

Joe Biden and his presidential campaign are staying mum after Hunter Biden’s former business associate went public to say he met twice in the past with the former vice president -- despite past statements from Biden on the campaign trail that he had no involvement with or discussions about his family's overseas business ventures.
7819C85E-5999-4F7D-AE9D-90DDB9F7AB24.jpeg

Reactions: plj46

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
Biden stays silent on Bobulinski claims about family's business ventures
Biden has long denied being involved in his family's business dealings

By Brooke Singman | Fox News

Joe Biden and his presidential campaign are staying mum after Hunter Biden’s former business associate went public to say he met twice in the past with the former vice president -- despite past statements from Biden on the campaign trail that he had no involvement with or discussions about his family's overseas business ventures.
View attachment 1217965
Hopefully when he ends up In prison,
I hope they have a good supply on
Depends.

Reactions: Texas Tuna

DAS

Dec 23, 2017
San Diego
Name
DAS
Boat
El Segador
It all goes back to 2016 when the Democrats thought the election was in the bag. Joe simply did what the Clintons had done... sold their office, i.e the Clinton Foundation. Joe being the sick puppy that he is set his son up to be the bag man for the Biden crime family which will ultimately hose his son and the rest of the syndicate when Trump is reelected. I don't think Trump will let them off hook, like he did with Hilary.

Fog Ducker!

Misanthropical member
May 9, 2010
North of Kali!
Name
Dave
Boat
4 and counting!
Hear Joe is gonna open a new business with a red light out front.
Scoop is he already has his first employee!

Ducker!

fishkilr

.better to be a has-been than a never-was..
Aug 27, 2012
long beach,ca.u.s.a.
Name
alby
Boat
None
Well that's it...he turned me...
Trump says if biden is elected there will be no heat in the winter and no ac in the summer...holy crap..that's a deal breaker for sure..