fishpelagic

dan the fisherman
Dec 13, 2009
Los Angelos
Name
dan
Boat
wihich ever one i'm fishing on
Last Friday our trip got canceled so were going out on Saturday. Seem to be catching some bonito and some rock fish. Going to try and catch a bonito on 6llb line. Should be fun. I'll post some pictures when I get back.

Upvote 0

fishpelagic

dan the fisherman
Dec 13, 2009
Los Angelos
Name
dan
Boat
Yes. But p line so it is more like 10llb. If they are over 5llb fish I'll use my calcuta with 12llb pound pline. Wish me luck.

Upvote 0

flyliner

@thereelflyliner
Aug 19, 2007
Santa Monica
Name
Jonathan
Boat
31' Cabo Express
Bones on the light line are fun.....and I guess depending on the load, you might be able to get away with it on a public sport boat. Use a short 12 inch 20 pound mono leader.

Upvote 0

sitonmyface

SEXNOW
Oct 20, 2008
San Marcos
Name
Brandon
Boat
Sportboat
Fishing 6 pound on a full sport boat sounds like a good way to ruin everybody else's day.....leave that goal for when you have your own boat :smoking33::smoking33:

Upvote 0

fishpelagic

dan the fisherman
Dec 13, 2009
Los Angelos
Name
dan
Boat
May be I can get out on my yak and do that. I'll only try if it's not crouded. I'll probably use my calcuta

Upvote 0

Corndog

Landlocked
Sep 22, 2009
Northern Colorado
Name
Jason Jones ( Lone Shark)
Boat
Century 1801, Hobie PA14 & SoA
Last Friday our trip got canceled so were going out on Saturday. Seem to be catching some bonito and some rock fish. Going to try and catch a bonito on 6llb line. Should be fun. I'll post some pictures when I get back.
Im one of the first to say I love catching small tuna on a calcutta 250 and a bass rod but I make damn sure that I will in no way hinder the other anglers. IE if your the only one left bent and people are waiting on you that is a problem. If you cant maneuver well around the boat without being a hinderance to other anglers that too is and issue.

If you can pull all that off without being the hold up then what the heck. However I would be sure everyone has had a good share of fish first. Captain may be pissed if your breaking off fish that somebody else could have caught and ate. JMO

Upvote 0

flyliner

@thereelflyliner
Aug 19, 2007
Santa Monica
Name
Jonathan
Boat
31' Cabo Express
Just a little more feedback for you.

About 4 years ago I would ride the Liberty on its full day trips to Cat every Friday.

There was always a very light load, maybe 20 people, sometimes less. I would use my calcutta 250 with 10 pound P-Line and catch fire cracker yellows (4-6 pounders).

I would also use my daiwa coastal with 6 pound on the bonito (with a short 12 inch section of 20 pound mono leader).

I had no problem doing this, but the load was light, and the captain was cool.

Upvote 0

BigJack

I Should Upgrade My Account
Aug 20, 2008
Austin Tx
Name
jack
Boat
24' fiber form
I went on a 3.5 day on the holiday and we were on a pady with a seeming endless supply or 10 lbs yellowfin and I fished my bay bass rod for kicks no one got pissed and I did not get into any tangles .

Upvote 0

Batt Mann

Sep 8, 2009
Garden Grove
Name
Ben Down
Boat
N/A
who gives a fuck!!! Let him fish how he wants to fish! Its not that big a deal especially for bone heads.:imdumb: If the other fishermen start to get upset they'll let him know real quick :_smack_:He'll probably catch more fish anyways....fishermen nowadays go out there with overkill equipment trying to look cool and professional when they are fishing locally and dont catch :shithappens:.

Upvote 0

Shogunsc4

May 5, 2008
Glendora
Name
Sheki
Boat
na
who gives a fuck!!! Let him fish how he wants to fish! Its not that big a deal especially for bone heads.:imdumb: If the other fishermen start to get upset they'll let him know real quick :_smack_:He'll probably catch more fish anyways....fishermen nowadays go out there with overkill equipment trying to look cool and professional when they are fishing locally and dont catch :shithappens:.

Well...you just have to realize that if you are fishing on a sport boat, have some courtesy for others and don't fish like you own the boat....especially when the boat is crowded. But in this case, it is ok since the original poster said the load was light.

Upvote 0