G-Spot

Captain
Mar 14, 2008
Salem/OR/USA
Name
John
Boat
53’ Hatteras STEEL N TIME
Supply and demand seems to drive the prices for the most part. We have a ton of supply right now and dropping demand. All of the “green agenda” stuff will likely drive demand even lower. But don’t worry, taxes will ensure the price at the pump doesn’t drop!
The green agenda will decrease supply... when supply gets low prices go up...

Many influences under any administration, wars, reserves, allowing drilling, allowing pipelines, and OPEC influence at certain times...

Clearly signing bills immediately that effect supply, reversing bills passed to help people afford insulin, are just all about angry hate!

Throwing the baby out with the bath water... love Trump or hate Trump don’t reverse every single thing just because he was involved! Requiring suppliers to pass on savings for insulin and not charge US citizens more than other countries was a good thing... The pharmacy industry is stoked right now that their boy Joe is helping them out...

wils

lazy-ass well known "member"
May 31, 2003
not a spoiled bitch from san diego
Name
bill
Boat
I hate boats
I don’t like a .7 mpg cruise, but with diesel at just over 2.00...I wasn’t complaining.

I got it as low as $1.75 last year around April. It’s already up now...and don’t see it going back down anytime soon and I hope to hell the tax stuff stays away from the red fuel.
As the lockdowns are eliminated, people will return to taking vacations. Planes, trains, and automobiles will increase the demand and will naturally push the price for fuel back up. Wasnt it about 6 months ago when the demand was so low worldwide that oil producers were actually paying wholesalers to take their oil so they wouldn't have to pay for additional storage facilities?

G-Spot

Captain
Mar 14, 2008
Salem/OR/USA
Name
John
Boat
As the lockdowns are eliminated, people will return to taking vacations. Planes, trains, and automobiles will increase the demand and will naturally push the price for fuel back up. Wasnt it about 6 months ago when the demand was so low worldwide that oil producers were actually paying wholesalers to take their oil so they wouldn't have to pay for additional storage facilities?
Probably 6-8 months ago yep.... they had full tankers sitting off the coast lines with nowhere to dump their fuel... They are also having record auto sales since people don’t want to do mass transit now, record RV sales since people don’t want to fly and be in a plane...... Demand will go crazy and prices will double, especially when the green movement decreases supply it’s a double edge sword.... add in the higher fuel tax rates and we may all be looking for a Prius!

Last edited:
Reactions: Fireball

Tomictime

Crusty Old Salt
May 9, 2014
Poverty Bay & Carlsbad
Name
Jim
Boat
Boatless.....
The green agenda will decrease supply... when supply gets low prices go up...

Many influences under any administration, wars, reserves, allowing drilling, allowing pipelines, and OPEC influence at certain times...

Clearly signing bills immediately that effect supply, reversing bills passed to help people afford insulin, are just all about angry hate!

Throwing the baby out with the bath water... love Trump or hate Trump don’t reverse every single thing just because he was involved! Requiring suppliers to pass on savings for insulin and not charge US citizens more than other countries was a good thing... The pharmacy industry is stoked right now that their boy Joe is helping them out...
last 4 years my insulin prices did nothing but.....drumroll.....go up

Tomictime

Crusty Old Salt
May 9, 2014
Poverty Bay & Carlsbad
Name
Jim
Boat
Boatless.....
hey man don't let facts get in the way of a good rant
Or compassion, Insulin for kids should be free. Any sane cost / benefit society would see that in a heartbeat, but we prefer amputations, blindness or worse....

ya, I know....the parents should have worked harder, made better choices, etc....

Reactions: bdrlgion

G-Spot

Captain
Mar 14, 2008
Salem/OR/USA
Name
John
Boat
hey man don't let facts get in the way of a good rant
Well... Maybe you are one of the lucky ones and have insurance and with a Co pay your costs did nothing.... Probably not... drum roll please....... go up...But then lie is better...

Or you’re a leftist who will lie to further your agenda... many have seen decreases in cost and especially the cost billed through Medicare and Medicaid decreased significantly saving you and I tax dollars or allowing savings, so maybe future increases can be averted, but you may want a different media sound bite, so you lie.... Facts are tax payers were being fleeced and other countries get cheap insulin..... that stopped until now...

If you only cared how many millions/billions Medicare/Medicaid spends..... Those are tax dollars... Why should any other country spend less one the same medication?

Reactions: NW-Quackhead

G-Spot

Captain
Mar 14, 2008
Salem/OR/USA
Name
John
Boat
Or compassion, Insulin for kids should be free. Any sane cost / benefit society would see that in a heartbeat, but we prefer amputations, blindness or worse....

ya, I know....the parents should have worked harder, made better choices, etc....
Have you actually ever seen or worked with clients that suffered from these issues?!? I have.... As a young man (medic out of the Army) I worked for the Medicaid program I actually worked for the state of Oregon for 11 years... saw amputations and blindness due to diabetic neuropathy... pooling of blood in the eyes, so at best they see shadows....

Never did I see it in children... It was typically drug addicts who would double dose, so they could eat a candy bar and then go on a drug binge and skip insulin...They were all covered by Medicaid and had free.... No co-pay insulin.... they made bad choices and that cost tax payers billions.... But... it’s their right to make make medical choices no matter who pays the bill right?

I speak from real experience witnessed with my own eyes. Not Internet rhetoric... Do you have insurance? Did you really see an increase in your cost of insulin or was that just fun to say for a minute or two...

Last edited:

Genie Aye

FISH BOSS
Sep 25, 2008
Renton/ Westport
Name
Cap't Paul
Boat
V-20 Wellcraft w/200HO E-TEC
I estimate 5$ a gallon by summer.

I hate that idea on pricing, but we were there 4 yrs ago and the idiots in office will get us there real quick...hold on to your wallets..

Fishing either way. Hope i am wrong.

PSULion

Please donate to FishNorthwest.org!
Apr 9, 2019
Snohomish, WA
Name
Barry
Boat
Coldwater
I’m gonna burn more fuel than ever this summer, question is whether it will be for fishing or champagne cruises. We’ll know in a couple months. Fuel is the least of my worries right now. May need more rod holders and a bait tank.

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
Olympia, WA
Name
laurence
Boat
2021 Allied WildCat 30
Wait, wait, wait. A bait tank? For tuna? Are you gonna get her all sorts of bloody?

Tomictime

Crusty Old Salt
May 9, 2014
Poverty Bay & Carlsbad
Name
Jim
Boat
Boatless.....
Have you actually ever seen or worked with clients that suffered from these issues?!? I have.... As a young man (medic out of the Army) I worked for the Medicaid program I actually worked for the state of Oregon for 11 years... saw amputations and blindness due to diabetic neuropathy... pooling of blood in the eyes, so at best they see shadows....

Never did I see it in children... It was typically drug addicts who would double dose, so they could eat a candy bar and then go on a drug binge and skip insulin...They were all covered by Medicaid and had free.... No co-pay insulin.... they made bad choices and that cost tax payers billions.... But... it’s their right to make make medical choices no matter who pays the bill right?

I speak from real experience witnessed with my own eyes. Not Internet rhetoric... Do you have insurance? Did you really see an increase in your cost of insulin or was that just fun to say for a minute or two...
spare me the lecture. Spend a day in the waiting lobby at UW Diabetes care clinic in Seattle, or the eye clinic doing laser treatments of children with retinopathy , or with the kidney docs, or at my foot docs..... or at the various wound care facilities...maybe visit the Hyperbaric chambers....perhaps you know what those cost ? See a child loaded in for a “dive “Your street experience while valid is hardly reality for many. My Doc is the Director of the center at UW, I will show her your diatribe, we will laugh, cry a bit at the ignorance, and then get back to work...educating those who don’t yet know everything and learning ourselves.

IF you do care, there are ways to donate to get insulin pumps into the hands of family w no or high deductible insurance. A new pump is $10k.

for those seeking a better understanding of diabetes, Dr Hirsch excellent book might give some an idea of the challenges and opportunities....

Reactions: PSULion

G-Spot

Captain
Mar 14, 2008
Salem/OR/USA
Name
John
Boat
spare me the lecture. Spend a day in the waiting lobby at UW Diabetes care clinic in Seattle, or the eye clinic doing laser treatments of children with retinopathy , or with the kidney docs, or at my foot docs..... or at the various wound care facilities...maybe visit the Hyperbaric chambers....perhaps you know what those cost ? See a child loaded in for a “dive “Your street experience while valid is hardly reality for many. My Doc is the Director of the center at UW, I will show her your diatribe, we will laugh, cry a bit at the ignorance, and then get back to work...educating those who don’t yet know everything and learning ourselves.

IF you do care, there are ways to donate to get insulin pumps into the hands of family w no or high deductible insurance. A new pump is $10k.

for those seeking a better understanding of diabetes, Dr Hirsch excellent book might give some an idea of the challenges and opportunities....

You are flip flopping about two different issues to cover the lie that your insulin costs have been..... wait for it......going up and up....

Did you not read what I said? I worked for the Medicaid program and I saw huge expenditures for pumps, and other services.... Technology today is amazing! My friends daughter has freedom because a fricken app to monitor on her phone...

I did not say that diabetics don’t have retinopathy or amputations. Sometimes it has nothing to do with access to insulin, it is a complication of the disease.... I think reform that saves medical costs for any disease is a good thing and to revers that is not something I support...

Sorry to derail the fuel conversation..... Squirrel!... 😀

Tomictime

Crusty Old Salt
May 9, 2014
Poverty Bay & Carlsbad
Name
Jim
Boat
Boatless.....
read your first sentence, which was a question.

so lets work that first. Obviously, yes. Take me up on my invite tag along. ....lets start at a food bank where families choose between meds and ...food.

Your rambling rant then follows, including me posting to “ feel good”

....and yes, i have cost sharing insurance and my insulin and pump supply costs, direct and indirect have gone up. A lot. 20% of a big number..is a big number.

My reply is not aimed at you, you are unreachable. In spending my time here, perhaps someone will help or go the extra mile to get someone on a pump. or even test....so my post is aimed at those w friends and relatives with type 1....

Duh, complications.....those are what kill people, tax the system, divert resources and shorten human potential.

G-Spot

Captain
Mar 14, 2008
Salem/OR/USA
Name
John
Boat
“ never did I see it in children “.... so it must not exist
No.... basically it’s always great to use children to pull at people’s heart strings, so I resent the abuse and manipulation.

This fuel conversation is getting derailed.... but.... it’s a bitch and moan post anyhow, so.....

As for your costs.... well.... You are special I guess... I have friends affected and I have read a fare amount about the subject and your experience is not supported by the real data..... Depends on which article you read, whose numbers and what periods but from the early 2000’s until 2014 the costs had risen around 350%..... from 2012-2016 the cost doubled or more.... The graphs I see show after 2018 costs stabilized and even went down... So I am a skeptic about your info.

I feel removing legislation that allows drug companies to go back to raising prices on consumers, so they can give huge rebates back to the insurance companies horrible and frankly surprised if you are such and advocate how you could find that is good? Basically, raising the price, so your co-pay goes up and then giving huge rebates to the insurance company making you pay as much or more than the damn insurance company.... but hey... you only pay 20% right? Ha! You pay 20% prior to the insurance companies deep discounted rebate.

As for your use of children and how much help they need... Overall government spending for insulin and treatment has increased because of massive expansions in the CHIP (Children’s Health Insurance Program. California has used waivers through their program to significantly increase coverage.

I believe we are trying as a society to cover children... We also need to control costs! Giving it to other countries for cheap, putting a high ass retail cost on the front, so co-pays are high and then giving it back behind the scenes is crooked! The bill that was reversed help diabetics.... I don’t care who signed the fricken bill!

Who’s really beyond help?!? Go have a laugh with your doctor.... maybe educate yourself on cost rise before the bill and after the bill?!?

Last edited:

Baby J

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 28, 2017
Puyallup
Name
Jeremy
Boat
23' Walkaround
I’m more worried about real estate right now. The number of mortgages in forbearance and default is getting a little scary.

Reactions: G-Spot

fishbadger

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 6, 2012
WA
Name
fishbadger
Boat
.Grady Gulfstream 232 "Herd of Turtles"
Don't argue with G-spot about anything medical. . .he has massive comprehensive healthcare knowledge because he was a medic once. . .ha!

fb

Reactions: Tomictime

G-Spot

Captain
Mar 14, 2008
Salem/OR/USA
Name
John
Boat
Don't argue with G-spot about anything medical. . .he has massive comprehensive healthcare knowledge because he was a medic once. . .ha!

fb
That and 11 years working in the policy of the Medicaid program. Writing administrative rules, managing contract with health plans, attending care conferences, writing testimony for the legislature, working with Price Waterhouse Coopers actuaries, traveling through the state attending community meetings with Seniors and Disabled clients.... Trying to get care for vulnerable people in underserved areas, dealing with access to care, managed care plans within a government program... Not much really... If you search long enough and hard enough you’ll find a few news paper articles where I was even quoted and interviewed in some of those rural communities... 😜

But hey.... My medical background and veterans point help me get that job, so that probably doesn’t count... 🖕

Last edited: