KimH

Someday I'll live the dream.
Mar 4, 2009
Tacoma/Westport WA/USA
Name
Kim
Boat
28' Farallon Walkaround "Paragon"
Just wondering out loud or wondering via keyboard.
I wonder...what this coming summers fuel cost will be???
For the boats and for the travel to get to the boats???

Our wonderful Governor jacking more tax on fuel.
Our new president shutting down pipeline construction and will probably clamp down hard enough with all the green agenda shit we'll be buying our fuel from the Middle East again.

Just wondering.....>:(>:(

Swede

Yachtless
May 2, 2008
Pacific Northwest
Name
Swede
Boat
Kristen Lee
Best thing you can do is use their own playbook against them. Use statements like:

Inslee’s taxes hikes are racist. Higher gasoline taxes will exacerbate the growing income inequality and make it difficult for transit-dependent low income workers to own cars.

KimH

Mar 4, 2009
Tacoma/Westport WA/USA
Name
Kim
Boat
I assume Inslee's fuel tax hike will be backed out when filling out the fuel tax credit forms?
Yeah but the road tax will still be there for the guys that have to trailer everywhere, or the guy that has to commute everyday for work. But the guy in DC may (probably) cause the overall price go up with the Inslee tax on top of it. The guy with 4 300’s hanging off the ass end of the boat will see an ouch not that it’d matter to them.

MYNomad

Heading South
Dec 12, 2007
Pacific Northwest / West Coast Mexico
Name
Rick
Boat
Yes
Just wondering out loud or wondering via keyboard.
I wonder...what this coming summers fuel cost will be???
For the boats and for the travel to get to the boats???

Our wonderful Governor jacking more tax on fuel.
Our new president shutting down pipeline construction and will probably clamp down hard enough with all the green agenda shit we'll be buying our fuel from the Middle East again.

Just wondering.....>:(>:(
Our self sufficiency will be impaired. But so will demand. So, hard to say where they will balance, or whether at a higher or lower price. Best guess is to look at future prices, and if you disagree, bet against the market.

OMEGA

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Dec 17, 2007
WA
Name
MCS
Boat
40 Cabo FB
Once we get to the other side of this mess one thing is for sure....we will have to pay for it in the form of higher taxes. Plays right into the hands of our elected leaders. Bigger government and more control of the redistribution of wealth.

As for fuel cost in particular. In what I have read it will be higher than where we are today and we will import more but it will not spike as much as people are saying. There are several factors at play. I am figuring $60 avg. I tried hedging fuel prices originally by buying the oil etf USO. It works well as a short term trade but over time you lose to much return from Contango as you move from one month to the next buying fewer and fewer contracts with your investment as prices increase for each contract.

I now hedge with stock in the major integrated energy companies like XOM, RDS.A, and CVX. If I am paying $4 a gallon then I have some solid earnings and stock performance along with dividends. When they are in the red and getting crushed it is $2 at the fuel dock and I am smiling either way.

JTC

Too Sirius
Aug 13, 2012
Redmond Wa
Name
Jeff
Boat
24' North River O/S. SIRIUS FISHIN
Do a quick search for “ new gas tax “ and you can read all about
Gas taxes and fees could reach $1 per gallon under new Washington state transportation proposal

Siv

May 8, 2008
Normandy Park Wa
Name
Dave
Boat
19' SeaSport
This proposal is for 18 cents a gallon over 2 years if passed. The pipeline was mostly aimed at Canadian tar sands oil shipping to refineries in Texas and Louisiana , some of which is destined for export . We export 100s of millions of barrels of refined fuel a year. The US has more available domestic crude than we have had in a long time so Arab oil dependence is a sort of non issue. Don’t see any spikes coming .

MYNomad

Heading South
Dec 12, 2007
Pacific Northwest / West Coast Mexico
Name
Rick
Boat
Yes
not that we are undertaxed, but the road into my neighborhood in Carlsbad is wider than I5 North thru Seattle, and i got a bike lane each way.....
Glad my tax dollars are working for you. In my neighborhood, every lane is a bike lane -- worth the cost of adding a bike lane as long as the bikers stay in their lane.

JTC

Too Sirius
Aug 13, 2012
Redmond Wa
Name
Jeff
Boat
24' North River O/S. SIRIUS FISHIN
I am pretty sure California's gas tax is higher. Imagine that.
Cali is at 72.6 cents which is currently higher than Washington with this increase we will be at 1.00
currently highest in the country is Pennsylvania at .77
good times

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
Olympia, WA
Name
laurence
Boat
2021 Allied WildCat 30
I don’t even want to know. I’m gonna burn the shit out of dinosaurs regardless!!!

EJ Swanny

Three Generations of Uff-Dah
Nov 30, 2010
Redondo/WA
Name
Erik
Boat
"Riley-J" 2006 21' Proline Tourney
Agree with Alysium, if you have a big tank (or tanker) fill it up now. Definelty going to spike before summer or during. Joe will limit domestic fuel (save the planet), and need to raise taxes on everything to provide for all....some of us worked our asses off to be where we're at, others....well, we all see it...turning into a welfare nation..why work when the government will send you free money??? Sorry rant over....

IMO, fuel costs will be rising.....

Reactions: Fireball

Kettel O' Fish

Jan 5, 2011
Kenmore WA
Name
Kurt Kettel
Boat
18' Tiderunner
https://app.leg.wa.gov/districtfinder/

Find your representative & let them know now (Covid) is not a good time to increase taxes.....with record revenues the last several years, Olympia should be overflowing in cash; they need to tighten their belts just like us....never know, might work!

Kool-Aid

Mar 18, 2008
WA
Name
Jason
Boat
World Cat 266SF
I don’t like a .7 mpg cruise, but with diesel at just over 2.00...I wasn’t complaining.

I got it as low as $1.75 last year around April. It’s already up now...and don’t see it going back down anytime soon and I hope to hell the tax stuff stays away from the red fuel.

KimH

Mar 4, 2009
Tacoma/Westport WA/USA
Name
Kim
Boat
https://app.leg.wa.gov/districtfinder/

Find your representative & let them know now (Covid) is not a good time to increase taxes.....with record revenues the last several years, Olympia should be overflowing in cash; they need to tighten their belts just like us....never know, might work!
"Tighten their belts." That's funny. Made me laugh out loud this morning.

FVSerenity

Tuna Boss FV HappyHours
Feb 27, 2012
The Salt
Name
Rod
Boat
22' Duckworth FVSerenity, 2502 Trophy FVHappyHours
Gas is low because we are producing so much
We are producing a lot due directly from trumps easing of restrictions on oil extraction
Sleepy joe has vowed to undo everything trump did. Let’s see how long it takes for the prices to double. I could be wrong but let’s see how long it takes them to shut down fracking.

FishPimpII

Repowering the boat..
Jul 27, 2009
Seattle, Wa
Name
Jeff Nelson
Boat
255 conquest... needs a name
I agree prices will likely go up. Biden’s green agenda goes a little far. Washington state taxes the life out of us.
But I nearly went broke putting gas in the truck and boat in 2008. That was 8 years into a republican in charge of the country right?

FVSerenity

Tuna Boss FV HappyHours
Feb 27, 2012
The Salt
Name
Rod
Boat
22' Duckworth FVSerenity, 2502 Trophy FVHappyHours
I agree prices will likely go up. Biden’s green agenda goes a little far. Washington state taxes the life out of us.
But I nearly went broke putting gas in the truck and boat in 2008. That was 8 years into a republican in charge of the country right?
It’s not a republican thing, I was just stating why prices are so low and the fact Biden plans on reversing everything trump did.