Fuck poachers!!!

CaptainLeo

Dec 12, 2006
Wyoming
Name
Leo
Boat
Snowshoes
And DFG isn't much better. Anyway, a few weeks ago I started a thread with trail cam pics of some nice bucks up on Palomar on private property. The next day I went back up and there were 2 hunters that came up the trail I was watching. We told them they were on private land and to get the fuck out of there. A few days later, my buddy's uncle saw 2 guys up there with the same description as the 2 we saw.

Fast forward to a little while ago where I asked my buddy if he wanted to head up there with me on Friday. He tells me he has some interesting news about those 2 guys. Apparently, the campsite host has been keeping tabs on theses guys and has seen them with about 10 deer. Everytime he has seen them he has called DFG and they never show up. Each time they were on private property.

Pretty much sucks for those of us that play by the rules. Just wanted to give a heads up. They had rifles with them so I don't know if they will be up there for the rest of the A-22 season. I'm super bummed because I put quite a bit of time up there scouting the area only to have this happen. Actually, I'm more than bummed, I'm pretty fucking pissed off right now. Hopefully they get eaten by a mountain lion or worse, my buddy's uncle finds them.

Upvote 0

Tues

Not my job...
Mar 17, 2008
Saluki
Name
Penis
Sad. Very fucking sad!

Off topic story...(sorry, I was just talking about CA hunting with a buddy an hour ago)

For you guys that never hunted in Arizona, you should. First off, it's DGF, not DFG(W) in AZ.

AZ vs. CA

These guys in AZ hunt poachers, and at the same time HELP hunters.

I took the kids quail hunting last year and was approached (not stopped) by a DGF officer. He came up and started to talk shop...he then gave me numbers on a place to go to find quail in a creek/canyon about a mile away. After we talked that morning we exchanged numbers. He called me that afternoon to see how we did. I told him we shot 4...He then told me about 6 different spots within 20 miles to take the kids next time.

Would any officer in CA give you "dope"? Would they call you in the afternoon to check in, and offer more spots later? Do they encourage hunting or just fuck with you?

Not to jack your thread, but I'm sick of reading stories like yours, about LEO and the lack of support for real hunters. I've only been on BD for a couple years, but yet to hear a positive story about DFG (W) on here as it relates to hunting.

Come out to Arizona. Hunt. Have a good time and spend some money! We need it!

Upvote 0

CaptainLeo

Dec 12, 2006
Wyoming
Name
Leo
Boat
Snowshoes
I've been thinking of heading out that way to do some hunting. I have access to a place on the river so I wouldn't mind something somewhat close to there. I do have a sister that lives out by chandler or something like that. Anyway, I will be doing it soon. It sucks to have every warden treat you like you're a poacher instead of some guy just out hunting.

Upvote 0

Mikieb

I Should Upgrade My Account
May 8, 2011
Huntington Beach, Calif.
Name
Mike
Boat
Crash & Burn
Sad. Very fucking sad!

Off topic story...(sorry, I was just talking about CA hunting with a buddy an hour ago)

For you guys that never hunted in Arizona, you should. First off, it's DGF, not DFG(W) in AZ.

AZ vs. CA

I took the kids quail hunting last year and was approached (not stopped) by a DGF officer. He came up and started to talk shop...he then gave me numbers on a place to go to find quail in a creek/canyon about a mile away. After we talked that morning we exchanged numbers. He called me that afternoon to see how we did. I told him we shot 4...He then told me about 6 different spots within 20 miles to take the kids next time.

Would any officer in CA give you "dope"? Would they call you in the afternoon to check in, and offer more spots later? Do they encourage hunting or just fuck with you?

Not to jack your thread, but I'm sick of reading stories like yours, about LEO and the lack of support for real hunters. I've only been on BD for a couple years, but yet to hear a positive story about DFG (W) on here as it relates to hunting.

True story DFG approached us on the backside of Cat. Checks lic. & tells us the WSB are full speed around the corner at Rabbit Hutch learned a new spot & caught fish, very cool. If your in compliance most are pretty cool. Some young guys have tudes sometimes.

Upvote 0

Corndog

Landlocked
Sep 22, 2009
Northern Colorado
Name
Jason Jones ( Lone Shark)
Boat
Century 1801, Hobie PA14 & SoA
IVe only ran into two DOW (Division of Wildlife) in colorado so far and theyve both been pretty cool so far. Sucks that poachers get away with that shit out there.

Upvote 0

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
  • Mar 4, 2005
    Clairemont
    Name
    AGGRO
    Boat
    skiff
    And DFG isn't much better. Anyway, a few weeks ago I started a thread with trail cam pics of some nice bucks up on Palomar on private property. The next day I went back up and there were 2 hunters that came up the trail I was watching. We told them they were on private land and to get the fuck out of there. A few days later, my buddy's uncle saw 2 guys up there with the same description as the 2 we saw.

Fast forward to a little while ago where I asked my buddy if he wanted to head up there with me on Friday. He tells me he has some interesting news about those 2 guys. Apparently, the campsite host has been keeping tabs on theses guys and has seen them with about 10 deer. Everytime he has seen them he has called DFG and they never show up. Each time they were on private property.

Pretty much sucks for those of us that play by the rules. Just wanted to give a heads up. They had rifles with them so I don't know if they will be up there for the rest of the A-22 season. I'm super bummed because I put quite a bit of time up there scouting the area only to have this happen. Actually, I'm more than bummed, I'm pretty fucking pissed off right now. Hopefully they get eaten by a mountain lion or worse, my buddy's uncle finds them.
    So, these guys are in a campground and have poached at least 10 Deer? It wouldn't even matter that it was private land if that is the case.

Upvote 0

Saluki

May 10, 2003
    HB
    Name
    Mika Tan
    Boat
    "MoorZilla"
    I shot a poacher once.
    True story.
    Private land owned by our family in Illinois.
    He was poaching.
    We argued from a distance.
    He drew back an arrow and pointed it at me.
    I fired one 12ga shell at him.
    I begged him to point another arrow at me again.
    He called me a fucking crazy ass redneck or some shit like that.
    He gimped his ass off of our property and we never saw him again.
    I don't think you can do things like that in California.

Upvote 0

CaptainLeo

Dec 12, 2006
    Wyoming
    Name
    Leo
    Boat
    Snowshoes
    Is the campsite host a tall guy named Dan?
    My buddy is the one that knows who the campground guy is. I just started hunting Palomar this year.
    I shot a poacher once.
    True story.
    He was poaching.
    Unfortunately, they had rifles and I had a bow. I'm not that dumb. Don't think the thought didn't cross my mind.

Upvote 0

Mikieb

I Should Upgrade My Account
    May 8, 2011
    Huntington Beach, Calif.
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Crash & Burn
    I shot a poacher once.
    True story.
    He was poaching.

I've always wanted to shoot somebody, how does it feel ? :2gunsfiring_v1:

Upvote 0

Saluki

May 10, 2003
    HB
    Name
    Mika Tan
    Boat
    "MoorZilla"
    I've always wanted to shoot somebody, how does it feel ? :2gunsfiring_v1:

It was a rush!

My buddy Kevin kept begging him to notch another one.

I was only 17 & told the guy that my dad told me to never point a gun at someone unless I was prepared to kill them. I was ready for him to die, I asked him if he was because if he aimed at me again I was going to fire again. I'm glad he chose to get the fuck out of there because it could have ended badly.

We told my dad who called the warden who was more concerned as to why I didn't get a license plate number rather than how badly the guy was hurt.

It was pretty crazy....

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Cast Gold

hss AHHHH...hss AHHHH....
    Jul 1, 2005
    Tustin
    Name
    Kris
    Boat
    Mike's
    Sad. Very fucking sad!

AZ vs. CA

Tues I'm sending you a PM. No, it's not forwarded from Saluki, so feel free to open it in the presence of co-workers, friends, family, nuns, sheep, etc.

I shot a poacher once.
    True story.
    He was poaching.

Katana is from Illinois?

Upvote 0

jimikinz

Jul 10, 2003
    Meeker, CO
    Name
    Jim
    Boat
    None
    Story is, they had 8 tags, took those 8, plus two extra for good measure. I chatted with the gentleman who gave me this info for quite some time, and he had a lot of detail about their behavior, that added to the similarities to the attitudes that I experienced, I left believing what I had heard. And I know that they were at least trespassers, because Leo, Me, and the porperty owners all had run-ins with them

I'm not going down the road of naming the guy that I spoke to but he was pretty hot about it. He swore he was keeping tabs...10 DEER....outa that little area! I mean, shit, even if he was exaggerating and it was 5, that still is horrible. The "men" in question were a camp of 8....I saw them camped too.

He informed me that had been in contact with a warden about it--I have the warden's name, and I know there is a local warden by that name, so I believe that he was truthful about that too.

These guys were BEGGING to get caught. This whole deal took place over more than a weeks time...during which the dudes were camped in the damn campground.....gimme a break....stake that shit out!!!!!!

Words were exchanged with these guys by several of us, to the same result. THis dude was disgusted....older guy, nice as heck, but just disgusted. So am I.

Go CalTip!

.....And just to continue my fucking RANT.....I walked all over hell and back up there during D-16... and during my journies, I collected 6 Sunny Delight bottles, 3 Gatorade bottles, 3 granola bar wrappers, and a Pepsi can. Whoever that fucker is that likes Sunny-D so much is now my mortal enemy. No respect....makes me sick.

Upvote 0

Vermonster

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Feb 26, 2003
    Escondido
    Visit site
    Name
    Sean
    Boat
    I'm a Ho'.....
    Story is, they had 8 tags, took those 8, plus two extra for good measure. I chatted with the gentleman who gave me this info for quite some time, and he had a lot of detail about their behavior, that added to the similarities to the attitudes that I experienced, I left believing what I had heard. And I know that they were at least trespassers, because Leo, Me, and the porperty owners all had run-ins with them

I'm not going down the road of naming the guy that I spoke to but he was pretty hot about it. He swore he was keeping tabs...10 DEER....outa that little area! I mean, shit, even if he was exaggerating and it was 5, that still is horrible. The "men" in question were a camp of 8....I saw them camped too.

He informed me that had been in contact with a warden about it--I have the warden's name, and I know there is a local warden by that name, so I believe that he was truthful about that too.

These guys were BEGGING to get caught. This whole deal took place over more than a weeks time...during which the dudes were camped in the damn campground.....gimme a break....stake that shit out!!!!!!

Words were exchanged with these guys by several of us, to the same result. THis dude was disgusted....older guy, nice as heck, but just disgusted. So am I.

Go CalTip!

.....And just to continue my fucking RANT.....I walked all over hell and back up there during D-16... and during my journies, I collected 6 Sunny Delight bottles, 3 Gatorade bottles, 3 granola bar wrappers, and a Pepsi can. Whoever that fucker is that likes Sunny-D so much is now my mortal enemy. No respect....makes me sick.

How do 2 guys get 8 tags??????

Upvote 0
    S

South Bend

Just to clarify, 2 guys over a weeks time, take 10 deer illegally on private land and nobody could get a DFG or any other sort of LEO up there to investigate???????? And they were staying in a camp site, where they were being monitored by the camp host. Something doesn't add up.

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    Just to clarify, 2 guys over a weeks time, take 10 deer illegally on private land and nobody could get a DFG or any other sort of LEO up there to investigate???????? And they were staying in a camp site, where they were being monitored by the camp host. Something doesn't add up.

The camp of 8 guys getting 10 deer does.

Upvote 0
    S

South Bend

The camp of 8 guys getting 10 deer does.

Ok, I was going off the orginal poster, who was only talking about 2 guys. I did see the one post that mentions there were eight in the camp. Still, if they were poaching on private land for a week, I find it pretty weird that they could not get any LEO up there to investigate. Still doesn't make sense.

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    Ok, I was going off the orginal poster, who was only talking about 2 guys. I did see the one post that mentions there were eight in the camp. Still, if they were poaching on private land for a week, I find it pretty weird that they could not get any LEO up there to investigate. Still doesn't make sense.

I agree.
    Having hunted turkey up there for a number of years, though it's been awhile, my experience is the wardens are pretty on top of any hint of a violation out there.
    Who knows????:confused:

Upvote 0

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
  • Mar 4, 2005
    Clairemont
    Name
    AGGRO
    Boat
    skiff
    I agree.
    Having hunted turkey up there for a number of years, though it's been awhile, my experience is the wardens are pretty on top of any hint of a violation out there.
    Who knows????:confused:

Probably cause they were too busy going through Sluester's garage further to the South :rofl:

Upvote 0

Enfuego

Your favorite Realtor
    Jun 3, 2004
    Rancho San Diego
    www.CalRealtySD.com
    Name
    Yusef
    Boat
    None

Go CalTip!

There was a message on the Cal-Tip hotline that all agents in the field were in Julian measuring the distance from a deer to a dwelling or something like that :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Upvote 0