Crashburn

Executive Board Member
Feb 26, 2013
Dog Beach Mostly
Name
Mike
Boat
Never Ever Again 7 has been enough !
Sorry bro ! At dinner on my phone but ive been through the ringer with my Dad.

Upvote 0

Corndog

Landlocked
Sep 22, 2009
Northern Colorado
Name
Jason Jones ( Lone Shark)
Boat
Century 1801, Hobie PA14 & SoA
Lost my Father at 9 from Hodgkins Disease. Cancer blows

Upvote 0

ironjoe

professional bad ass
Jan 19, 2010
burbank/ca/usa
Name
joe
Boat
none
Fuck cancer indeed! Mom has CLL leukemia, aunt had breast cancer, uncle had bladder cancer, cousin had leukemia twice,brother in law had lymohoma, boss had lymphoma twice, cousin in law had bone cancer, friend had lung, and my dads friend (like a 2nd dad to me)had lung. ALL ARE SURVIVORS!!!!! Sometimes it gets really scary, but a positive attitude will make a world of difference!!!!

Reactions: R&R
Upvote 0

TEAMFISH

JUST ADD WATER
Aug 17, 2006
TORRANCE
Name
DAVE
Boat
SOLD IT
Mom is a breast cancer survivor
Wife has had skin cancer successfully removed
Lost my Father-in-law
Lost my Brother-in-law a couple months ago
Cancer Sucks!!

Prayers and best thoughts, stay positive.

Upvote 0

BloodyL

Throwing everything I got
Jan 4, 2009
Placentia
Name
Mick
Boat
The Beach
Yep
Sister had colon cancer surgery a couple months ago,just found out its spread!
Fuck cancer

Upvote 0

Elkfins

Ungrateful Prick
Aug 8, 2008
Tacoma, WA
Name
Steve
Boat
"Cleanup Required" '99 Grady White 232 Gulfstream
Grandma beat it twice before giving up the 3rd time. My uncle died from it. My boss beat it twice. Close friend lost a kidney to it... Sister in law is in remission... for now.

Wishing you and yours the best Tues. Hope it works out.

Upvote 0

stella marina

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Nov 21, 2011
    santa cruz
    Name
    Andrew
    Boat
    Parker 2320, 16 Klamath cc, 10 ft Livingston "bass slayer"
    Mom had surgery almost a year ago, but it came back, so today was her dose day of chemo, did I mention today is the year anniversary my uncle was found dead at work in his car with it running, & I was the last person to see him alive.

But this is life and it's about how we get through tough times and how we grow. I think of the all the great things life has given us, like tugging on a big fish, or watching the sunset from a rocking boat, or just hanging out with a person you love or .................

Don't forget to tell the people in your lives how much you love them because you just never know. Prayers for your family and for you. be strong, they need you.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Tues

Not my job...
    Mar 17, 2008
    Saluki
    Name
    Penis
    Speaking of prostate cancer...I'm 37 going on 47. When should all us being checked? I've heard 45.

Seriously. Jokes aside, if a finger in my ass keeps me around to watch my kids have kids...finger me.

It just drives me nuts we can treat cancer everyday with meds (keep people alive to eat pills), and have a machine that sends video from Mars, but we cannot cure cancer. I guess there is no profit in a cure (yes, tinfoil hat is on tonight).

Upvote 0

Buttchaser

Fresh One!
    Jul 3, 2004
    BD Outdoors
    Name
    John
    Boat
    None
    Yup ,FUCK CANCER
    I lost my pop 11 years ago to Renal stenosis , God I miss him !
    While we are at it, Fuck Alzheimer disease too . My mother has it . Going on 6 years now .. She still around. 65 years old , But its not the same !

Chris , I think that check up is suppose to be done at 40 . Fuck ..... I have 2 years too go :eek:

Reactions: Tues
    Upvote 0

Laukia

boss
    Nov 30, 2004
    Carpinteria
    Name
    Dave R
    Boat
    28' Carolina Classic (sold) Pursuit 2350 FreeSwimmer
    I'm stage lV Medullary Thyroid cancer survivor. Almost 1 year post surgery. I'm presently non detectable for my blood markers. My ordeal came right on the heels of a stroke and 5 cardiac procedures to correct A-Fib irregular heartbeats. Having said all that...........I feel great and am looking forward to kill some more fish this year. Thanks for starting this thread Tues. I need to constantly remind myself how lucky I am.

Upvote 0

Danthefishman

Oct 30, 2006
    La Mesa
    Name
    Dan
    Boat
    Aquasport 215DC
    Dad was told he needed tonsils taken out. He waited a loong time and found he was misdiagnosed. Ended up being very late stage throat cancer. Seeing what he went through was devastating, but he's still here, cancer free now for almost 2 years. Just lost my grandpa jan. 2nd to lung cancer. He was to old to fight it. Cancer fuckin sucks

Upvote 0

BiggestT

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Sep 8, 2004
    Fullerton
    Name
    SM
    Boat
    Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
    Mother-in-law was diagnosed with ovarian cancer in 1983 and given two months to live. She's coming up on 92 now.

Upvote 0

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
    Mar 4, 2005
    Clairemont
    Name
    AGGRO
    Boat
    skiff
    Dad has a brain tumor and one in his stomach. Too weak to do radiation as he has Alzheimer's. They've given him 6 months.

So fuck those happy endings too.

Upvote 0

Saluki

May 10, 2003
    HB
    Name
    Mika Tan
    Boat
    "MoorZilla"
    Lost my grandpa (who was the greatest man I've ever known) to cancer of his pancreas, liver, kidneys & intestines.

The man was full of cancer yet never shed a tear or had a bad day, all the way up to his last one.

Reactions: J.C.
    Upvote 0

PUDDLER

John
    Apr 6, 2007
    sf valley
    Name
    JOHN
    Boat
    235 Triumph "High Spot"
    Just found out my 17 year old student has leukemia. Her poise is unbelievable though. Prayers for all that are dealing with this.

Upvote 0

Deno

NO SHENANIGANS....
    Jun 23, 2006
    EL CAJON.
    Name
    DENO
    Boat
    23 CC SEA PRO
    Lost my Sister two years ago to ovarian cancer, she was only 37 yes FUCK CANCER!!!!!

Upvote 0

georgegav

Almost A Member
    Jul 1, 2010
    Burlingame California
    Speaking of prostate cancer...I'm 37 going on 47. When should all us being checked? I've heard 45.

Seriously. Jokes aside, if a finger in my ass keeps me around to watch my kids have kids...finger me.

It just drives me nuts we can treat cancer everyday with meds (keep people alive to eat pills), and have a machine that sends video from Mars, but we cannot cure cancer. I guess there is no profit in a cure (yes, tinfoil hat is on tonight).

It depends on your family history. If you have a male relative with prostate cancer 40-45. Otherwise 50. Controversial topic in medicine at this time.

Upvote 0

amnajar

Raider
    Jul 3, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Which ever one will have me...
    Fuck Cancer! My family just found out that my cousin's wife has breast cancer that has spread like rapid fire, dont know the real deal yet but I found out yesterday that she is starting 6 months of chemo right away. My cousin had leukemia, my good freind had testicular cancer and both are survivors!

Debbie, you can beat this shit! Please send prayers her way, thank you all as I will do the same for all mentioned here!

Upvote 0

hotrail20

Skiff Life
    May 28, 2006
    Chino,Ca
    Name
    Leonard
    Boat
    Mine
    =Ya it sucks lost my Mom at 17 yrs old she was 41 beat it once but not the2nd time she never Drank or smoked.

Lost my Father last year to Liver cancer,and Adenial gland

so yes it Sucks ass

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

sdrepairman

Jul 2, 2012
    san diego
    Name
    nick
    Boat
    n/a
    i got an aunt who is a breast cancer survivor
    then last week an old friend from high school who works to try and find a cure for Alzheimer finds out he has pancreas cancer and now has 6 to 8 months to live

so yes, fuck cancer

Upvote 0

Blackfish

Marble collector.
    Sep 20, 2005
    My Backyard
    Name
    Boat
    toy
    My wife's father had prostate. And beat it. Got the news about six months after retiring. He's pushing 80 now.
    Wife's cousin two kids got cancer Two different types of leukemia, once child died at after fighting it for five years, at 15, the 13 year old is still fighting it.
    Personal friend died of breast cancer. 37, two kids.
    Neighbors son at 19 got Stage IV brain cancer, senior year in college. So far he has beat it.
    Two high school friends. Brain and breast cancer. One is not looking to promising.
    Best man in my wedding, lost a kidney to it.

I'm not sure if there is more cancer cases now, or just better medicine / medical care that catches it, and allows for more diagnose.

I need to get fingered pretty soon.

Upvote 0