Texlee

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 3, 2012
Vernon, Texas, USA
Name
Alben Lee
Boat
Excel
Using it for my trolling rig this year. Reckon how much Izor 100# solid I can get on the bottom with 100 yards of Izor 100# mono first string on top? Tex

tunanorth

Dec 4, 2005
By the lake
Name
Tunanorth
Boat
Bass Tracker 16
Should note that the FTH60LD2 is not a "100-pound reel", though of course many anglers may choose to go with 100 pound mono just for abrasion resistance etc.,
A lot depends on braid/mono brands, installation tension, and personal preference on fill-up level.
That said, I usually have our loaners set up with 400 yards of 100-pound Berkley Pro-Spec braid, which allows a 75-100 yard topshot of Berkley Big Game 80-pound mono.

Reactions: kimbo

Texlee

Jun 3, 2012
Vernon, Texas, USA
Name
Alben Lee
Boat
Excel
Thanks. The FTH60 is in the same pound class as a FTH40. Its just bigger. I'm using the 60 as my trolling rig on the Excel and wanted the 100# abrasion resistance of the line. I wouldn't push the 40 or 60 past a 60 pound class reel. They are great reels. I have a slew of the Fathoms.
Thanks again. Tex.

Truman

Dec 28, 2016
Kaneohe, HI
Name
Truman
Boat
Arima SR19 "Island Time"
FWIW...Just spooled my FTH60LD2 with 500 yards of 80# powerpro slick braid with 150 yards of Berkley big game 80# topshot. Just comfortable enough room left between the line and crossbars. Haven’t been spooled by a fish to see the braid yet so not sure if i will have enough room to reel back all without tension as when it was spooled by the shop. Caught big Mahi and Wahoo and the reel doesnt miss a bit...Set at 25lbs strike. Waiting for the big tuna for test..:) Hope this helps.