Texlee

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 3, 2012
Vernon, Texas, USA
Name
Alben Lee
Boat
Excel
I'm going to be using this reel for trolling on my Excel 10 dayer in the fall. The lugs don't seem very robust. Are they robust enough to be hooked up to harness snaps on the back of the Excel dragging around a 2 pound Banshee Cowbell?

Hismosa

Oct 15, 2016
Burbank, CA
Name
Glenn
Boat
Boat hoe
Have used mine plenty hanging off the back of sportboats without issue

tunanorth

Dec 4, 2005
By the lake
Name
Tunanorth
Boat
Bass Tracker 16
I'm going to be using this reel for trolling on my Excel 10 dayer in the fall. The lugs don't seem very robust. Are they robust enough to be hooked up to harness snaps on the back of the Excel dragging around a 2 pound Banshee Cowbell?

The FTH60LD2 is an excellent 60/80 reel, and does admirable work as a general purpose 80-pound troller. As such, the harness lugs are sufficient.
As previously discussed, 100 pound test topshots are a bit beyond its design parameters, and it may be hard to resist the temptation to crank the drag down to match the 100-pound's capabilities to make sure the hook goes into the wahoo's iron jaw.
Also on a 10-day, there is a real possibility of latching onto cow while trolling; again it will be difficult to resist the urge to go to the max, and though it has caught numerous 125-150 pound tuna, it is not a cow reel.