jeffzou

Go ROYALS!
Feb 25, 2004
Laguna Niguel
Name
Jeff
Boat
Formerly the glorious "Two Kinds O' Pie"
I am going to be selling off a fair amount of my saltwater fishing gear. This first few items will be my gaffs and saltwater rods. Al the rods were wrapped by me.

I am located in Southern Orange County and unfortunately will not be able to ship any of the items. Unless of course, you simply agree to pay whatever expenses (materials, shipping, etc...) . Up to you to come get these items. So, please keep that in mind.

I'm not particularly looking for trades so please do not bother....

I'm pretty careful with my gear so it is all in good condition, but I used it - like it should be right!!! LOL

Otherwise if you have any questions please feel free to ask me.

Found this old school stick at a garage sale or something...stripped it all down and re-wrapped it in black and gold and white. It looks fantastic and fishes really well between 20 - 50lb. Just a fun, distinctive old school glass rod...

Asking $150 for this one...

IMG_0766.JPG

IMG_0767.JPG

IMG_0768.JPG

IMG_0769.JPG

IMG_0770.JPG

IMG_0771.JPG

IMG_0772.JPG

IMG_0773.JPG

jeffzou

Go ROYALS!
Feb 25, 2004
Laguna Niguel
Name
Jeff
Boat
** BUMP **

Make me an offer !!!!

af dreamer

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 16, 2007
long beach,ca
Name
tom
Boat
44 luhrs dreamer
FYI,those factory Pacificas were private brand rods made for Big 5 some years back.They were made in Costa Mesa at the old Conlon plant by the men that started Conlon back in the 50s.Tom

Reactions: jeffzou

jeffzou

Go ROYALS!
Feb 25, 2004
Laguna Niguel
Name
Jeff
Boat
Thanks Tom, interesting to know!!!

Jeff

FYI,those factory Pacificas were private brand rods made for Big 5 some years back.They were made in Costa Mesa at the old Conlon plant by the men that started Conlon back in the 50s.Tom

af dreamer

Apr 16, 2007
long beach,ca
Name
tom
Boat
44 luhrs dreamer
I think they were eventually bought by Penn and I think they moved the production to China.I believe those blanks were painted.Tom

jeffzou

Go ROYALS!
Feb 25, 2004
Laguna Niguel
Name
Jeff
Boat
I put a fresh coat of Permagloss on it when I rewrapped it.

Jeff

I think they were eventually bought by Penn and I think they moved the production to China.I believe those blanks were painted.Tom

ironmike

ironmike
Aug 19, 2004
San Diego
Name
Mike
Boat
nope, need to go with you or Cattle Boats
Those Pacifica series were great rods, good price at Big 5. We use them and the composite ones on all our Albacore charters for rent gear. The rods are strong and took a beating! I still have a few, love them. All original Big 5 wraps... didn't have to do anything but replace a few stepped on guides and re-coat them all.
GLWS!

Jigslinger

Fishing is an incurable disease
Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, CA
Name
Greg
Boat
Big ones with hot burgers and cold drinks
They were great in the 80s for anyone with limited resources. I caught my first yellow on a Pacifica rod and Newell reel. I paid $10 for the rod and $25 for the reel. It was a Newell P229. They were both used.

Great quality rod. GLWS!

Reactions: One_Leg and jeffzou

Mtnfshr

Nov 20, 2011
Thornton
Name
Chuck Mc
Boat
none
They look like PacBay DP (deep pressed) guides.
GLWS Jeff.

Carpfisher

Chief Cook & Bottle Washer
Jul 3, 2012
Carpinteria
Name
Paul
Boat
226 Cabo Cuddycon, 16' Bayrunner
I have an MT 670C 30-50 line it says, and has a yellow fin?? on the rod. A co worker found it in the surf years ago. Do they all have a yellow on their rods ?