anykine77

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Dec 7, 2005
Waianae Hawaii
Name
Ron
Boat
28' Custom-Anykine
Headed out Friday to try our luck. Left harbor a little before 5 am and headed straight out. Set lines a little before the 1000 and started looking for birds. Found some birds here and there around the pinnacle, but not much happening. Angle slightly right to head toward Dog mouth. Around 7am took a hit on the long rigger and got a nice sized Akun in the blind.
Countinued on looking for birds and at 8am took a nice strike on the center. This looked good with the drag singing. A little bit of work and our first Ahi for July was in the boat. Found a bird pile and was working it. Got a few more Aku and a nice Rainbow runner decided it wanted to play. Looked around a bit just in case there was some kind of rubbish around. Never found anything. Kept working the area between 70-75 degrees and 20-23 miles. Had a marlin grab the shortrigger for a while and then let go. Nice air show while it lasted. Kept working area and picked up some more Aku. Figured it was enough for the day and started heading in. Just past the 1000 had a Marlin grab the center and give a better show than the earlier one. Had to chase him a little bit to get some line back. He continue to jump off and on. Once he settled in it was just a matter of cranking him in. I think he tired himself out as he was no trouble at the boat. Wound everything up and trottled in. Ended the day with 1 ahi, 7 aku, 1 rainbow runner, 1 marlin. Released 1 barracuda..

E4B97EF1-8A2B-4D7B-AFA3-741E4E05E8EE.jpeg

9A902BDB-6CF1-4697-BE59-AF4593CFE64E.jpeg

F6CC14A2-F27C-4B32-BACF-3DB0B8BDFB98.jpeg

529EB9BE-B1FB-43C5-B2A8-369EC24A1EBD.jpeg

shinchan

Jul 10, 2008
Kaimuki
Name
Randy
Boat
13' Whaler "Shinchan"
Epic day! Kamanu on the troll? Interesting. Thanks for the report.

grander007

May 10, 2007
Honolulu
Name
zzzz
Boat
46, Bertram, Deep Blue
way to go on the fish and the marlin!
tight lines,

patfishhi

Sep 20, 2007
Oahu
Name
Pat
Boat
32' Blackfin "Kai Nana"
Ron and crew,
Good goin' on the variety, when I first looked at the marlin pic, with the lighting I thought damn that is 180# ono. Good day for sure...

Cheers
Pat

anykine77

Dec 7, 2005
Waianae Hawaii
Name
Ron
Boat
28' Custom-Anykine
Thanks Pat. You still on the plant shutdown? Haven't seen you out there.
Gotta keep trying. The two big fish hit a 9" Black hat with silver bottom slant face Matsu.

Aloha

Ron

patfishhi

Sep 20, 2007
Oahu
Name
Pat
Boat
32' Blackfin "Kai Nana"
Thanks Pat. You still on the plant shutdown? Haven't seen you out there.
Gotta keep trying. The two big fish hit a 9" Black hat with silver bottom slant face Matsu.

Aloha

Ron
Ron,
Well work has certainly interfered, but as well Kai'Nana has been having issues raising the right stuff, almost think its time for an intervention.:-)

Cheers
Pat