Nov 21, 2003
OB
Name
mark
Boat Name
19 Boston Whaler Nantucket
Friday July 8.
Dragging my new Spreader bar around near the 425
and a very cool cat on the vessel Reel Tight calls me on the radio...."Boston Whaler, North of me, we have a bait ball being destroyed and are currently on a fish. Feel free to come down and pull that spreader bar over this bait ball."
New to the spreader bar thing, we had it so far back that we would lose site of it sometimes.
Reel Tight had just landed his fish and they were still pretty close to the bait ball but he said, "keep coming" . I went by his bow, gave him a thank you wave and when my spreader bar finally got right on top of the bait ball, Reel Tight had a front row seat of the explosion on it.
I have fished here long enough to not be able to say, "It was only a 40 pounder" so I won't but it was really fun to see.
I really appreciate the generosity of Reel Tight and hope to repay him some time.

Mark on Queenfish.....out

Last edited:

the SLIDER

https://multimediabylj.com
Jun 11, 2015
Dana Point
Name
L J
Boat Name
arima - the SLIDER
Super cool. That's the way I roll. Long as we are all thoughtful/respectful we all will catch much more fish.

Upvote 0

MikeH20

Sep 4, 2019
San Diego
Name
Mike
Boat Name
23 patrick
Mark #2, it was a epic sight to see your spreader get smashed. That’s the kinda stuff that keeps us all out there(and buying way to much gear) haha. The Reel Tight was glad to help. Bummed Mark #1 didn’t get tight but that at least gives me some ammo to give him a hard time.
See you out there next time.
Mike on the “Reel Tight”

ShadowX

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Oct 10, 2010
Los Angeles
Name
Anonymous
Boat Name
None
"Reel Tight" was my ex GF but "Reel Deep" is fishing at a super secret spot for tuna right now.

1657825641029.png

Reactions: MikeH20
Upvote 0