Rauterki

The worst fisherman on the boat
Oct 8, 2009
San Clemente, CA
www.crossfittothecore.com
Name
Jon
Boat
I'm in the market. Make me an offer I can't refuse.
Kind of a slow night. Averaged one keeper for every ten nets pulled. 3 of us on the boat (BTS driving, my son's first time and....me) and ended up with 8. Biggest one went just over 3 pounds. Shorts and T-shirt weather.

IMG_3586.jpg

IMG_3582.jpg

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
kinda slow?Whatcha talkin bout willis...that there is a good night.

Reactions: Willdoggy
Upvote 0

mullet

Metal Fabricator
Jan 10, 2006
Brookings Oregon
Name
mike
Boat
19"Gregor
They look like their alive to me.
Do you see the gray membrane between the carapace and the tail?If they were alive you wouldn't see that.It's not hard to keep them alive.Keep em cool and moist above all don't leave them submerged in standing water,they will use all the oxygen and literally drown.Also never put them in fresh water.

Last edited:
Reactions: plj46
Upvote 0

Willdoggy

Willing Member
  • Jun 25, 2014
    Chula Vista
    www.youtube.com
    Name
    Will
    Boat
    Purr-Sea-Stance / Montauk 170
    Do you see the gray membrane between the carapace and the tail?If they were alive you wouldn't see that.It's not hard to keep them alive.Keep em cool and moist above all don't leave them submerged in standing water,they will use all the oxygen and literally drown.Also never put them in fresh water.
    X2 on this!
    Best way we have found is to put ice in a cooler with the drain plug OPEN, put a salt water soaked bath towel on top of that, then put lobsters in and cover them with a salt water soaked hand towel. Get the towels wet with salt water when you're out catching. Cold keeps them still, salt water towels keep them alive. They will stay alive this way for at least two days if not three to four.

Upvote 0

Rauterki

The worst fisherman on the boat
    Oct 8, 2009
    San Clemente, CA
    www.crossfittothecore.com
    Name
    Jon
    Boat
    I'm in the market. Make me an offer I can't refuse.
    X2 on this!
    Best way we have found is to put ice in a cooler with the drain plug OPEN, put a salt water soaked bath towel on top of that, then put lobsters in and cover them with a salt water soaked hand towel. Get the towels wet with salt water when you're out catching. Cold keeps them still, salt water towels keep them alive. They will stay alive this way for at least two days if not three to four.
    That's exactly how I do it. These guys were barely moving when I pulled them out of the cooler in the morning (They went into the cooler at about 1:00 a.m.) and they were coooooold.

Upvote 0

Willdoggy

Willing Member
  • Jun 25, 2014
    Chula Vista
    www.youtube.com
    Name
    Will
    Boat
    Purr-Sea-Stance / Montauk 170
    That's exactly how I do it. These guys were barely moving when I pulled them out of the cooler in the morning (They went into the cooler at about 1:00 a.m.) and they were coooooold.
    They might have gotten too much fresh water. That is what usually kills them. The key is to let that fresh water drain out the bottom of the sandwich described above.

Upvote 0

live2fish

I've got bugs...
    Apr 3, 2005
    North OC
    Name
    Eric
    Boat
    14' livingston cat, 15’ radon, Parker 2320 @ez_sportfishing
    I made a slip in tray that holds anything in the cooler 3-4" off of the bottom so I can throw ice down there and just put wet newspaper or rags over them I've kept bugs this way for close to a week

I had to put 2 in this cooler they were designed for the smaller 30" cooler so slightly too long for the 48" haha

Upvote 0

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
    Feb 19, 2008
    San Diego
    Name
    Doug
    Boat
    25ft Skipjack fly
    Yup ! Keeping them alive is alot easier than catching them......Sometimes

Upvote 0

Lundalakan

Sep 29, 2016
    Socal, Poway
    Name
    Lou
    Boat
    Lund alaskan
    I store bugs in an empty live well with a couple burlap sacks soaked in salt water. Always have live bugs in the morning to process and vacuum seal

Upvote 0

Latest posts