Twins 2017
Apr 29, 2004
Duarte/Covina
Name
karl
Boat
20' skippy Topless /17' whaler Wet Ride (sold) /18' Outrage
Hat Tric

Three weeks on three consecutive Fridays we have gone out after the invaders from the south.

For three weeks we have been successful! Today we went out of Dana and headed for the the 14. As usual, we don't actually head to the 14, it more like we head out for about three miles and then head for the 14. It is an attempt to travel on virgin water. Today it worked again, we found some virgin kelp it was holding and no one found us. We were picking at it for hours. Today's were 6-9” macks, no deans, no choives. I got the farmer of the year award today. I farmed at lest 5 YT and only put one on the boat.

It was sad, on at least two of them the drag was screaming when they spit the hook! It seems I never let them eat the mack long enough! I also farmed them on the slow troll. It not all bad, I did put the screws to another Dodo. Todays jumper was a 20 female! She was a handful on 30 string. Joe landed six tails while I was farming. All of today's fish were on the 30 string on a set two small paddies about 8 miles out of Dana in 72F water.

The radio sounded great today. It seems there was some mad action down south. Next time we run, we will be running out of SanDeigo. I have never took a small boat out of SD. Feel free to pm me some advice!

See ya on the water

KP

P8010141.JPG

Last edited:

apogee

My name is Apogee and I am a Squidaholic
Jan 29, 2009
Bakersfield
Name
Apogee..
Boat
Boston Whaler Outrage 28 (End Game)
Good job. You were better off going the direction you went. Not a lot was happening down south. Some people did alright scratch style but most did not. I had two separate people offer me free ice at haul out because of lack of fish. Unfortunately I had plenty of extra ice of my own. Glad to see that you did well.......

karlow

Twins 2017
Apr 29, 2004
Duarte/Covina
Name
karl
Boat
20' skippy Topless /17' whaler Wet Ride (sold) /18' Outrage
Joe is going to be out there on Tue. Things are looking tougher out there boyz!
We only found three paddies, and only the two were good to go. We were trolling the macks in figure eights around the two paddies when we picked up the Dodo, and farmed some YT.
That Southerner action sounded good on the radio! We almost left two or three times, but something would kick into gear. We did break the first rule of fishing, and then could not find our paddy again! I am sure we could have dine more damage.

Stay hungry my friends.

KP