Tedtaylor

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 25, 2012
Taylor
Name
Ted
Boat
Ghost
Sorry this is late. Went out yesterday with a friend on his 28 whaler. Sick boat. Picked up 2 scoops of mixed deans and mini Mack’s from nacho. He said they were hooking some yellows at the oyster farm so we headed out there and set up on the inside corner. Sand bass went stupid for a little while which was cool but we were chomping at the bit for some of the yellows The guy 100 yds to our right kept putting in his boat!!! We watched the yellows blow up behind him and decided to move to his other side. Bad decision. Mayhem hit us hard. Anchor line jammed. Had to take apart and rebuild winch. Then we struggled setting up due to the fact my friend is new to boating and fishing for that matter. It’s all about experience right. Well we finally got set up but by that time the boys were on the phone with their girlfriends making plans for dinner. Teenagers! Stuck it out for an hour then took off. Congratulated the guys on the skiff on the way out. They really have that spot dialed in. I saw them put 3 quality fish on the boat. I learned a ton on my first try but it ain’t easy.
good luck

the SLIDER

https://multimediabylj.com
Jun 11, 2015
Dana Point
Name
L J
Boat
arima - the SLIDER
Anchoring on a spot is an art. Conditions can change, (current and wind) so commonly a reset is necessary. I (slide) (drift 90% of the time.

I hate the anchor unless there's afternoon wind and feel like chumming.

Yesterday I pulled up parallel to one of the DP Sporties that was set on the pipe about 200 yards away. I drifted over the pipe 3 times with three legal bass in 15 minutes.

They pulled anchor and went somewhere else. Couldn't have been good for business. :rofl:

Hooops

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Nov 26, 2005
Huntington Harbour
Name
Hoops
Boat
17ft Whaler Montauk - "TYFISH"
Last edited: