Laketucky Pro Staff
Aug 1, 2005
Laketucky Ca.
www.troydirtinc.com
Name
TROY DIRT
Boat
1989 Sunbird 173 " WITNESS PROTECTION " Malibu Extreme Yak
I would like to first start off by saying a BIG thanks to Ryan and Brooke of RedRum Sportfishing :appl:for an EXCELLENT time aboard one of their boats . They set us up on one of their 32 ft Sport fishers " RUM RUNNIN " a 6 pack boat that included Me my daughter and 4 of my friends that were vacationing with us. The boat is in immaculate condition with top of the line equipment Shimano / Penn International on board just in case you didn't happen to bring your own ??? These airlines are just getting out of hand with the cost anymore :deadhorseso it is somewhat of a pain in the ass to transport! Anyway arrived at the boat around 5:45 waiting for the office to open to see what we needed to piuck up at the store located in the landing . To my surprise I was greeted by RYAN the owner he payed personal attention to us and made sure the boat was packed with ICE, Lunches, Water for the trip as well as arranging mexican licenses for the day . The service was second to none so a few handshakes and an introduction to the crew and we are off . RedRum has a regular bait supplier in the harbor so they are GUARENTEED to have bait available even when it becomes scarce for MOST! That was good to hear so we picked up a dozen pieces and plotted a course the plan was to head to the Banks to see what was cracking but if anything looked FISHY :goldfish: along the way ??? So after about an hour + trek up the coast we get to some promising looking water Lot's of life porpoise , turtles , and bait fish balling on the surface the Captain had had some luck the day before. The Temp is high and the Tuna count seems to be coming up just the day before we left saw a guy in the harbor with a 200+ Yellowfin ! So we get the trollers out and start marching into the BLUE with all eyes on the water . It is not long I see a 100 + lb class striped marlin fining on the surface he had a slight case of the LOCK JAW as they sometimes do but it didn't discourage us just got the adrenaline going . It wasn't long before we spot the second one fining and seems he wants to GO ! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ FISH ON the deckhand ( Martine) hands off the rod to me and I IMMEDIATELY pass it off to my daughter ( 8 ) as the fish makes it's first jump :eyepoppin . I can honestly say it was one of my proudest moments the look on her face ...gritting her teeth ready to take this fish to task ( FEARLESS) anyway she fought it for about 15 minutes until she couldn't take it anymore and DAD pitched in . The Guys on the boat laughed when I said those chairs are for pussies and strapped on the belt to handle this shit in true WEST COAST fashion . After about 20 minutes got the fish to the boat guessed the weight at around 100 to 110 ???? A beautiful and respectable fish none the less . Turns out we repeated that process 2 more times before the day was over with 3 landed the BIG for us going 140??? ALL RELEASED after a few quick photos what a magnificent animal ! after a few MARLIN pulled on it was time to downsize the gear and see if we couldn't catch some dinner ??? Smaller feathers deployed we didn't make it 10 minutes before the first knockdown a small DORITO probably 8 to 10 lb. class ??? Ended up at the end of the day keeping 9 for the boat of 6 but pulled on MANY more than that ! All the smaller or shall I say Smallest models were released . My buddy Mike that went with us Farmed : farmer : 3 nice fish during the course of the day All I could do was shake my head but it was his first time fishing in the ocean so how mad can you get ??? The closing of the day was got the trollers in and started steaming back to the the harbor when all of a sudden the CAPTAIN throttles up and make a quick turn I knew it was going to be something GOOD .....and it was . A Pair Male and Female DORADO swimming on the surface and they are the BIGGER MODELS ! Bait goes in and ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ the female wants to GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Bury the hook and She comes flying out of the water and starts ripping line ........YEAH ! After about 10 minutes in the water and several jumps later the male decides to take a look at the action so I kept her in the water to see if we couldn't get him to take bait .........HE was smarter and had a case of the lockjaw. Until Next time for him estimated the weight of the female to be between 35 and 40 lb ??? That I am not sure of but was a VERY nice fish to end the day with . Hats off the the REdRum Crew aboard Rum Runnin for and awesome time aboard your boat I would recommend you to ANYONE we all had a blast www.redrumcabo.com .......Made memories that will last a lifetime and you gained a CUSTOMER for LIFE !!!!!!!see you next year Ryan and thanks again for EVERYTHING .:devil: Check out the slideshow below ......Click on the link

Red Rum Sportfishing by Troy W. Salazar

Attachments

• Cabo San Lucas Aug 2009 Red Rum Sportfishing 003 (2).jpg
    Cabo San Lucas Aug 2009 Red Rum Sportfishing 003 (2).jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 47
  • Cabo San Lucas Aug 2009 Red Rum Sportfishing 009.jpg
    Cabo San Lucas Aug 2009 Red Rum Sportfishing 009.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 43
  • Cabo San Lucas Aug 2009 Red Rum Sportfishing 001.jpg
    Cabo San Lucas Aug 2009 Red Rum Sportfishing 001.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 36
  • Cabo San Lucas Aug 2009 Red Rum Sportfishing 008 (2).jpg
    Cabo San Lucas Aug 2009 Red Rum Sportfishing 008 (2).jpg
    41 KB · Views: 38
  • Cabo San Lucas Aug 2009 Red Rum Sportfishing 012.jpg
    Cabo San Lucas Aug 2009 Red Rum Sportfishing 012.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 44
  • Cabo San Lucas Aug 2009 Red Rum Sportfishing 026 (2).jpg
    Cabo San Lucas Aug 2009 Red Rum Sportfishing 026 (2).jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 43
  • Cabo San Lucas Aug 2009 Red Rum Sportfishing 021.jpg
    Cabo San Lucas Aug 2009 Red Rum Sportfishing 021.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 41
  • Cabo San Lucas Aug 2009 Red Rum Sportfishing 059 (2).jpg
    Cabo San Lucas Aug 2009 Red Rum Sportfishing 059 (2).jpg
    37 KB · Views: 498
  • Cabo San Lucas Aug 2009 Red Rum Sportfishing 062.jpg
    Cabo San Lucas Aug 2009 Red Rum Sportfishing 062.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 36
  • Cabo San Lucas Aug 2009 Red Rum Sportfishing 070.jpg
    Cabo San Lucas Aug 2009 Red Rum Sportfishing 070.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 32
  • Cabo San Lucas Aug 2009 Red Rum Sportfishing 019.jpg
    Cabo San Lucas Aug 2009 Red Rum Sportfishing 019.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 47
  • Cabo San Lucas Aug 2009 Red Rum Sportfishing 075 (2).jpg
    Cabo San Lucas Aug 2009 Red Rum Sportfishing 075 (2).jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 57
  • Cabo San Lucas Aug 2009 Red Rum Sportfishing 078.jpg
    Cabo San Lucas Aug 2009 Red Rum Sportfishing 078.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 31
  • Cabo San Lucas Aug 2009 Red Rum Sportfishing 090.jpg
    Cabo San Lucas Aug 2009 Red Rum Sportfishing 090.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 34
  • Cabo San Lucas Aug 2009 Red Rum Sportfishing 101.jpg
    Cabo San Lucas Aug 2009 Red Rum Sportfishing 101.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 35
  • Cabo San Lucas Aug 2009 Red Rum Sportfishing 087 (2).jpg
    Cabo San Lucas Aug 2009 Red Rum Sportfishing 087 (2).jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 42
  • Cabo San Lucas Aug 2009 Red Rum Sportfishing 119.jpg
    Cabo San Lucas Aug 2009 Red Rum Sportfishing 119.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 43
  • Cabo San Lucas Aug 2009 Red Rum Sportfishing 173.jpg
    Cabo San Lucas Aug 2009 Red Rum Sportfishing 173.jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 54
  • Cabo San Lucas Aug 2009 Red Rum Sportfishing 161.jpg
    Cabo San Lucas Aug 2009 Red Rum Sportfishing 161.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 43
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 62
  • Cabo San Lucas Aug 2009 Red Rum Sportfishing 002 (2).jpg
    Cabo San Lucas Aug 2009 Red Rum Sportfishing 002 (2).jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 37
  • Cabo San Lucas Aug 2009 Red Rum Sportfishing 024 (2).jpg
    Cabo San Lucas Aug 2009 Red Rum Sportfishing 024 (2).jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 444
  • Cabo San Lucas Aug 2009 Red Rum Sportfishing 076 (2).jpg
    Cabo San Lucas Aug 2009 Red Rum Sportfishing 076 (2).jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tues

Not my job...
Mar 17, 2008
Saluki
Name
Penis
Good job Dad...She isn't going to want to do any more shore fishing with you after that trip...! She's big time now!

Upvote 0

dorado50

I Should Upgrade My Account
May 5, 2006
San Diego
Name
DAVID
Boat
BERTRAM / EDGEWATER
What a great trip you had!! Your girl looks very very happy! Good on you for releasing the marlins...........ur teaching her well.

Upvote 0

Bigfish69

Dirty Fisherman
Jun 19, 2006
Lakeside Ranch
Name
JOHN
Boat
Wellcraft V-20, 200 hp etec, 85' Holiday sportfisher
Well what can i say troy except that she is a very lucky girl to have a father like yourself. She looks way stoked on her catches, sucks that you got oufished again by her though. LOL

Good job on the releases. Sometimes its a more memorable trip when you catch them, look them square in the eye and then bid them a found fairwell till the next meeting.

I am a big fan of CPR as you know and i commend you for doing the same. Good job to you, Taryn and the crew.

A trip to remember for sure.

69R

P.S. Put some close on for gods sakes,,,your starting to look like a lobster.:rofl:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ali

Master of Nothing
Admin
Apr 24, 2003
San Diego
Name
That Guy
Boat
SeaVee 340Z
I'm starting to get jealous of an 8 year old.

That kid has all the fun.

PS: don't be afraid to use the return key in your fish reports. One 3 foot long paragraph is cool too....

Upvote 0

Troy W. Salazar

Laketucky Pro Staff
Aug 1, 2005
Laketucky Ca.
www.troydirtinc.com
Name
TROY DIRT
Boat
1989 Sunbird 173 " WITNESS PROTECTION " Malibu Extreme Yak
I'm starting to get jealous of an 8 year old.

That kid has all the fun.

PS: don't be afraid to use the return key in your fish reports. One 3 foot long paragraph is cool too....

Ummmmmmm I Like a long paragraph with with poor grammar and misspelling ! Truth is got caught up in the moment ........besides Who knew you could read Anyway ????:rofl::rofl::rofl:

hey troy,
my girl is always looking for fishing buddies if you are down in the ensenada area.

Thanks for the offer will have to look you up next time in Mex ......that passport is burning a hole in her pocket. She is always wanting to fish with other kids (girls ) mostly stuck with me and a bunch of friends that always smell like BEER :cheers: :rofl:

Check out the slide show Red Rum Sportfishing by Troy W. Salazar

Upvote 0

Navadel

Sep 25, 2008
Vista/CA
Name
Navadel
Boat
26' c-hawk Pilothouse BLOODSHOT
Hell I was jealous before you left,,, not quite sure what that makes me now? WTG Dad looks like a great time!!!!

Upvote 0

Sherm

aka: The Sherminator
May 16, 2006
San Diego
Name
Scott
Boat
Yak
Awesome Troy. Great pics and report. It looks like your daughter enjoyed her trip with pops. The traditional Cabo braids and beads in her hair brings back memories of trips down there with my daughter. Buggin season isn't far away:D

Upvote 0