Offshore Freedom out of 22nd St Landing 10-16

bdogie1

• May 27, 2015
    Name
    Brandon
    Boat
    getsome
    Well wanted to show some love to my favorite boat and Captain Tino on the Freedom out of 22nd St Landing San Pedro. We left out on Thursday 10/15 on the hunt for Bluefin. We got some bait and headed out past SCI. Started fishing at 6am we had some 15lb to 20lb start the bite off and as each hour past the fish just got bigger. By 9:30 we landed 6-8 fish up to 30lbs. I got my first bite a little after that and battled my 1st fish of a good 30 min. I was up in the bow with another guy who fought his fish for about 1 hour. We both had bigger models going. Mine was a solid 50lb model and the other fish was easy 75lbs to 80lb. We managed bluefin till about 11am and we hooked like 20 + to land 13 then the big yellows showed up they were 30lb to 35lb fish I think there were 15+ hooked to land 8 or so. They had 56 BF yesterday limits!

At about 12:30 we started to head back with some time to spare to stop on a kelp paddies or a school and with in about 10 minutes we saw a school about the size of a football field of BF he raced up on it from the side we started dumping scoops of bait on the them and the fish came up and started exploding's the surface I had about 10 fish blow up in front of me about 30 yards out. I had a bait about half that distance out and got smashed for my 2nd fish of the day it went solid 40+ there was 2 landed on that last stop. So we ended up with 15 fish and maybe double that hooked with most of the fish in the 30lb to 35lb range. I made a limit and a few others did as well.

Just wanted to say I fished the amazing fish killing machine 5 times this year and had incredible yellowtail year with some big tails. I am in double digits for the year on the yellows with most fish over 25 - 35lb range on the Freedom.

I lost a dear family member this year and needed these trips to help me heal with my loss in life and just been needing to ride on someone else boat with hot food nice bunk and the Freedom my healing tool!!

Great boat great crew Awesome Captain with lots of elbow room for rods and gear again love the lay out. Hats of to my favorite Salty Captain Tino of the Freedom Sport Fishing for putting me on the fish so I could have such amazing year ! . Tight line my friends!

big btuna.jpg

bf.jpg

bt1.jpg

b yellow.jpg

yellow33.jpg

yt555.jpg

yt1.jpg

yt11.jpg

20150711_165928(2).jpg

byy.jpg

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

IronMikeAC

Aug 2, 2013
    torrance, ca
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Vagabond
    Well wanted to show some love to my favorite boat and Captain Tino on the Freedom out of 22nd St Landing San Pedro. We left out on Thursday 10/15 on the hunt for Bluefin. We got some bait and headed out past SCI. Started fishing at 6am we had some 15lb to 20lb start the bite off and as each hour past the fish just got bigger. By 9:30 we landed 6-8 fish up to 30lbs. I got my first bite a little after that and battled my 1st fish of a good 30 min. I was up in the bow with another guy who fought his fish for about 1 hour. We both had bigger models going. Mine was a solid 50lb model and the other fish was easy 75lbs to 80lb. We managed bluefin till about 11am and we hooked like 20 + to land 13 then the big yellows showed up they were 30lb to 35lb fish I think there were 15+ hooked to land 8 or so. They had 56 BF yesterday limits!

At about 12:30 we started to head back with some time to spare to stop on a kelp paddies or a school and with in about 10 minutes we saw a school about the size of a football field of BF he raced up on it from the side we started dumping scoops of bait on the them and the fish came up and started exploding's the surface I had about 10 fish blow up in front of me about 30 yards out. I had a bait about half that distance out and got smashed for my 2nd fish of the day it went solid 40+ there was 2 landed on that last stop. So we ended up with 15 fish and maybe double that hooked with most of the fish in the 30lb to 35lb range. I made a limit and a few others did as well.

Just wanted to say I fished the amazing fish killing machine 5 times this year and had incredible yellowtail year with some of the biggest tails I have ever seen and caught on multiday trips let alone overnight trips. I am in double digits for the year on the yellows with most fish over 25 - 35lb range.

I lost a dear family member this year and needed these trip to help me heal with my loss in life and just been needing to ride on someone else boat with hot food nice bed and cold beer and the Freedom my healing tool!!

Hats of to my favorite Salty Captain Tino of the Freedom Sport Fishing. When you don't want to run your boat and need to hook up some trophy fish and get a lot of meat give the Freedom a try top niche crew well laid out boat with lot's of elbow room with great bunks to take a nice nap on the way home with the best pricing around!! Thanks for Fishing so hard Tino your the man! Tight line my friends!

View attachment 1213815

View attachment 1213816

View attachment 1213817

View attachment 1213818

View attachment 1213819

View attachment 1213820

View attachment 1213821

View attachment 1213822

View attachment 1213988

View attachment 1213991
    NICE report. NICE YT!

Reactions: bdogie1