PENN

Blackfish

Marble collector.
Sep 20, 2005
My Backyard
Name
Boat
toy
Dont blame it on the boat,blame it on the passengers.Some guys get like women at a dress sale if someone hooks up or the boat stops.Etiquitte,manners and the ability to realize there are others on the boat all disappear.

I agree...but when shit like this goes on, the captain and / or crew need to address issues like this before they get out of hand.

Upvote 0

frazier

Dec 25, 2012
frazierpark ca usa
Name
gordon grant
Boat
30' seaway ( sold ) 22' privateer
These trips are what you make of them,if you throw your rod down and sulk the day away what do you expect?Next time wade into the middle of it all,laugh and have a good time whether catching fish or not,set an example for your son!dont cry on the internet.You were on one of the first trips after a major remodel and upgrade on the boat and you dont even mention one thing about that?If its only about getting fish for you call tommy at avalon seafoods and he will ship it to your door alot cheaper.

Upvote 0
P

Paddyman1

Gordon,

Some of these cattle boats are all about combat fishing. And with that you will get all types (even tobacco chewing women who drink more than men - my friend and I found out one day!). It's a little shocking when you see a trip load of 50 - 75 passengers (with two heads and lot's of beer being sold). Like others suggested, try a limited load trip so at least your odds are less you'll encounter the scum with no manners. Or you can get your friends together and charter your own boat for about the same price, just a little more work.

Have a superfantastic day!

Upvote 0

finishright

May 17, 2008
Oceanside Ca.
Name
Mike Morris
Boat
prowler kayak
look on the site and call one of the small charters that advertise on the site 6 or 4 pack that you and your boy will have a little more quality of fishing and time

Upvote 0

mullet

Metal Fabricator
Jan 10, 2006
Brookings Oregon
Name
mike
Boat
19"Gregor
Looks like they only had 37 peeps that day.I can remember being on the freedom back in the 80's when we slept in the life rafts because all the bunks were full. too many people at 37LOL

Upvote 0

lj.fish

Fun Shit Maynard!
May 28, 2007
LBC
Name
larry
Boat
Julia Lee
Looks like they only had 37 peeps that day.I can remember being on the freedom back in the 80's when we slept in the life rafts because all the bunks were full. too many people at 37LOL
And there were about 60 bunks as I recall. What's Les doing these days? As far as 37 goes, we would be pissed because JP was hardly worth fishing for! Then fishing was fun with 60+ now fishing with anything over 20 all I here is a bunch of whining. Oh and all of your shiny gold and pink reels you cant cast with are really annoying along with your fishworks shorts.

Upvote 0

brandon4130

Apr 29, 2008
rsm cA UNITED
Name
Brandon
Boat
FATBOY
I've fished the Freedom when It was Dark Out all day long with people that looked like they would stab you for your shoes and let me tell you, Some of the kindest hearted homies I've ever met...

Back in the day I can't Remember a trip that Tommy or Sal didn't spot a boil and give me that directional finger from up top on a good place to blast that next cast...

And at 99 or 110 bucks they still ran to cat to make squid when it was around before heading to one of the other islands...

Sorry you had a Shitty trip

Upvote 0

cortezpirasea

Pangero
Feb 23, 2012
la mesa, ca
Name
Russell
Boat
21 ft panga Sea Moan/17 ft gregor Pirasea II
It's not easy but if you keep going you will figure it out. Mostly what you need to continue to get on those boats is the passion to fish.

DSCN0669.JPG

Upvote 0

clintonstick

Mar 18, 2014
Name
mike
Boat
g3
Went on the freedom Sunday to SCI what a waste of $350 total spent for my son and I , caught one calico before the sun came up then with all the rude people and the deck hands that kept crowding me out of a place to fish I cut off my hook and put the pole in the rack and gave up. Why is it that when people have to catch that fish that all there manners just go out the window? Never will I go on one of their boats again!
This is the worst report i have ever read.The boat is catching fish and you cut your hook off in front of your son,i feel sorry for that kid..Come on man you can do much better than this.

Upvote 0

mullet

Metal Fabricator
Jan 10, 2006
Brookings Oregon
Name
mike
Boat
19"Gregor
And there were about 60 bunks as I recall. What's Les doing these days? As far as 37 goes, we would be pissed because JP was hardly worth fishing for! Then fishing was fun with 60+ now fishing with anything over 20 all I here is a bunch of whining. Oh and all of your shiny gold and pink reels you cant cast with are really annoying along with your fishworks shorts.
Lost track of Les when I started fishing with Luchenbacher.I remember he always wanted us to bring him titos tacos.

Upvote 0

Ducksgo

May 19, 2013
Long Beach, CA
Name
Mark
Boat
Someone else's
Phantom is replacing the fuel tanks. Motor is just fine. She has been a great family boat for the past 5 years for us. She will be back out killing fish soon.

Who's running it for seabass season? I may charter it as that boat kills seabass and I never caught a legal one before. Pm me please?

Upvote 0

sitonmyface

SEXNOW
Oct 20, 2008
San Marcos
Name
Brandon
Boat
Sportboat
If your going to go cattle boating, I suggest you fish a boat that will assign numbered spots on the rail. When I go cattle boat fishing I will only fish the Southern Cal out of Long Beach for this very reason. The crew is good at telling the ass hats to fish there number when they start moving in on you!!

That's one of the gayest things I've ever heard. How do you follow your bait? What do you do when the yellows blow up on the other side of the boat? Sit around and jack off?

Upvote 0

dontfishenuff

Sep 5, 2007
Granada Hills
Name
Jeff
Boat
26 skipjack
That's one of the gayest things I've ever heard. How do you follow your bait? What do you do when the yellows blow up on the other side of the boat? Sit around and jack off?
Sir I resent that as I was born a poor gay child. I am one of the gayest anglers you'll ever meet. Sexual orientation should never be a part of angling discussion. If you ever sit around and jack off on a sport boat, don't be surprised if I offer you a helping hand. Assigned numbers are lame, not gay. White seabass are lame not gay. Quitting fishing because you feel slighted is lame not gay.
Always remember your rod should have the correct stiffness for the task at hand

Upvote 0

lj.fish

Fun Shit Maynard!
May 28, 2007
LBC
Name
larry
Boat
Julia Lee
Lost track of Les when I started fishing with Luchenbacher.I remember he always wanted us to bring him titos tacos.
Long live Titos Tacos, but there closed when we come home at 2 or 3 AM. But you can still get a good pastrami at Jonnies.

Upvote 0

eviljaysen

Jun 16, 2005
USA
Name
Jaysen
Boat
Dreaming
Sir I resent that as I was born a poor gay child. I am one of the gayest anglers you'll ever meet. Sexual orientation should never be a part of angling discussion. If you ever sit around and jack off on a sport boat, don't be surprised if I offer you a helping hand. Assigned numbers are lame, not gay. White seabass are lame not gay. Quitting fishing because you feel slighted is lame not gay.
LOL

Upvote 0

frazier

Dec 25, 2012
frazierpark ca usa
Name
gordon grant
Boat
30' seaway ( sold ) 22' privateer
These trips are what you make of them,if you throw your rod down and sulk the day away what do you expect?Next time wade into the middle of it all,laugh and have a good time whether catching fish or not,set an example for your son!dont cry on the internet.You were on one of the first trips after a major remodel and upgrade on the boat and you dont even mention one thing about that?If its only about getting fish for you call tommy at avalon seafoods and he will ship it to your door alot cheaper.
Hey do you work for 22nd st landing? your attitude sure sounds like it! I haven't fished on a sport boat for 50 years since my father took me on an overnighter out of Pedro and I won the jackpot with a 78 lb white seabass. He passed away recently so i dusted off his old tackle box , rebuilt his old penn reels and my son and I went on an overnite boat in tribute to him. No I did not throw down my rod and sulk in front of my son , I just quit fishing , it ceased to be an enjoyable experience! Ive been a shipwright and a commercial fisherman most of my life and if you push me far enough i will probably just punch your lights out. I chose to walk away from a situation that could have gotten ugly , after all I had my son with me. My son is a grown man almost 30 years old he used to be a deck hand on these sport boats years ago so he has more patience than I do for a holes on sport boats. The actions of the passengers on these boats is not nessasarley the fault of the landing operators . but the deckhand taking my spot on the rail is . I called 22nd st landing the next day after the trip and told them I did not have a good time partially because there deckhands kept crowding me out of a place to fish and they could care less! So I posted my real and honest review of my trip on this site! Someone wants my review of the vessel ? ......hum ok, Well it appears to be well maintained for an older wood boat, it has new mahonagy caprails in the stern up to about midships but forward of this op to the bow is still the old wood? The galley area and bunk rooms appear nice except for the height of the top bunks which are way too high. Who ever prepped the decks for new nonskid and paint should find a new line of work. But I guess when your on a tight budget this is what you get.

Upvote 0

lj.fish

Fun Shit Maynard!
May 28, 2007
LBC
Name
larry
Boat
Julia Lee
Always remember your rod should have the correct stiffness for the task at hand[/QUOTE
Jeff does Becky know about this? Oh and by the way you just lost your seat in da skiff!

Upvote 0

lj.fish

Fun Shit Maynard!
May 28, 2007
LBC
Name
larry
Boat
Julia Lee
I for one
Hey do you work for 22nd st landing? your attitude sure sounds like it! I haven't fished on a sport boat for 50 years since my father took me on an overnighter out of Pedro and I won the jackpot with a 78 lb white seabass. He passed away recently so i dusted off his old tackle box , rebuilt his old penn reels and my son and I went on an overnite boat in tribute to him. No I did not throw down my rod and sulk in front of my son , I just quit fishing , it ceased to be an enjoyable experience! Ive been a shipwright and a commercial fisherman most of my life and if you push me far enough i will probably just punch your lights out. I chose to walk away from a situation that could have gotten ugly , after all I had my son with me. My son is a grown man almost 30 years old he used to be a deck hand on these sport boats years ago so he has more patience than I do for a holes on sport boats. The actions of the passengers on these boats is not nessasarley the fault of the landing operators . but the deckhand taking my spot on the rail is . I called 22nd st landing the next day after the trip and told them I did not have a good time partially because there deckhands kept crowding me out of a place to fish and they could care less! So I posted my real and honest review of my trip on this site! Someone wants my review of the vessel ? ......hum ok, Well it appears to be well maintained for an older wood boat, it has new mahonagy caprails in the stern up to about midships but forward of this op to the bow is still the old wood? The galley area and bunk rooms appear nice except for the height of the top bunks which are way too high. Who ever prepped the decks for new nonskid and paint should find a new line of work. But I guess when your on a tight budget this is what you get.
I for one would like to see the photograph of your 78 lb White Seabass from 1965.

Reactions: Ducksgo
Upvote 0

abdiver7777

abdiver7777
Jul 2, 2009
So Cal
Name
Sir2you
Boat
No Name........

What he said....... We need to be PC here on the internet...... "Pillow Biter(s)" is the new and accepted appropriate term......

Upvote 0

Frijolez

Apr 22, 2013
Huntington Beach, ca, u.s.a.
Name
Dan
Boat
Mako 192 cc
Always eat three bean burritos before you go to bed, drink 2 cups of milk, and then wake up and eat for egg burritos for breakfast. That way if anyone makes you angry on the cattle boat or is being rude, you can get right next to them and lay stinky ass bean and egg farts on them until they finally move!
And all seriousness, this is why I got my own boat… But still enjoy farting on people on it to get a good chuckle.

Upvote 0

Latest posts