TakoArm

all gear no game
Aug 2, 2010
Alta Loma CA.
Name
tako arm
Boat
Haul'in pretty ass
This will be my first year attending. What kind of deals can I expect on rods, reels, and tackle?

chriscoobs

Nov 22, 2004
So Cal
Name
Chris
Boat
Sportys
usually the show dosent have amazing deals on everything, but for example i got a BNIB saltiga 20 for $280, i wasnt in the market for it, but it was such a good deal i picked it up, and it has served me well for 5 years or so. Show up with $ incase you stumble on a great deal

Oct 6, 2007
Saugus
Name
roger
Boat
18' 4Winns - traded for plumbing work
Know what you want, and price them, add a fantasy purchase or 2 to the list, and then check out the major vendors..... and then BFG will do you right.

CHUBACA6

Jul 29, 2007
LA
Name
Oscar
Boat
none yet
Cash is king at the show,you can sometimes barter if you have cash

af dreamer

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 16, 2007
long beach,ca
Name
tom
Boat
44 luhrs dreamer
Big5 will have lots of rods and reels bought for the show.Many vendors will have lots of terminal tackle.Show is worth waiting for.Tom

walkerman

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 7, 2008
Ventura
Name
Steve
Boat
n/a
There's also lots of free seminars. I go for 2 or 3 days, and stay at the Renaissance across the street. Usually, around 5 or 6 pm it gets too crowded to walk, so that's when I either hit some seminars, or head back to the hotel. Go have dinner, a couple of beers, and call it a day. Then I go at opening the next day. If you want to see everything, talk to folks, go to seminars, one day won't do it. One seminar you don't want to miss is the sporting chef's seminar. He cooks up game, and you get to sample it. Had my first taste of rattlesnake there.

fishtacomag

Sep 19, 2003
huntington beach
www.fishtacochronicles.com
Name
shawn
Boat
19" Trophy
Just two months away...WOW time flys. In addition to ALL the great stuff I had last year for those who subscribed to Fish Taco. I am going to have WAY more this year..I can't tell you everything cuz all the ink is not dry but one thing I can tell you is that Del Taco will have some GREAT give aways.

NorthShore41

Jul 19, 2010
Mo Town, CA
I am frankly very excited to see the manufacturers booths... there are I know some shots going across proverbial bows for at least the Okuma and Penn booths and those are just the catalogues I have seen... Interested to see what Avet has to offer and whether or not Newell will crawl out from under a rock and play with all their fisherman friends. Don't get me wrong I got a microsoft word document with base prices and brand names for everything from blanks to terminal tackle to reels. Lets play the price is right.

umoa

silent
Feb 28, 2006
unknown
Name
jimmy
Boat
18' starcraft "big knockers"
  1. Get together before the show at a boat.
  2. Meet people you read about.
  3. Meet people in the business.
  4. See new tackle.
  5. Play with new tackle.
  6. Be hugely disappointed when Mika Tan shows up only to be a chill middle aged white man who happens to like big breasted asian females.
  7. Have a good time.

TakoArm

all gear no game
Aug 2, 2010
Alta Loma CA.
Name
tako arm
Boat
Haul'in pretty ass
I wonder if they will have the seeker black steel rods buy one get one free? I heard this was the case last year? Would love to pick up 4.

nick17yz

TUNA TOKER
Nov 6, 2008
SEEKER RODS
Name
Nick Rekrut
Boat
Longrange
expect buy 2 get one free on all spools of line and hooks.. great deals and lots of friends to talk to!!!

MikeyLikesIt

did you say FISHING ???
Feb 24, 2003
East-a-La-Mesa, baby!
Name
starts with an "M".....
Boat
#1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
This will be my first year attending. What kind of deals can I expect on rods, reels, and tackle?

Fuck that shit....

but come by the BloodyDecks.Com booth for the coolest hats, stickers, and tee shirts on the planet.

:D

........and to shoot the shit with us too. Its always good for a laugh. LOL

Jason

I break stuff @ BD
Admin
Feb 4, 2003
Encinitas, CA USA
www.bdoutdoors.com
Name
Jason
Big 5 deals, booth babes, bd tee shirts that are marked down with no tax or shipping, play with all the new reels, buy one get one free spools of line, sport boat drama, jumping dogs, deals at BFG, sore feet at the end of the day, tips from the pro's that are willing to share, half mounts from WW Fish mounts at dirty cheap, climb all over the Davis boats, lots of bsing, the new book "At the Rail" from FishingVideos.com, Unibutter, blow outs on Iron, Ballyhoods/Bait O Matics rigged to your liking, tons of custom rods, lots of smiles and getting to meet a lot of the personalities on BD.
Sounds horrible. Glad I'll be there the whole time.

Saluki

May 10, 2003
HB
Name
Mika Tan
Boat
"MoorZilla"
Milfs

Big 5 always has great deals
Renew membership at Fish Taco booth and ask for man massage.
Stop by & see Steve at Baja Fish Gear, load up on more tackle because of his low low prices, I don't need it, but can't keep from buying it because of his pricing.
Stop buy the Seeker booth to say high to Joe, Roy, David & check out the new rods to drool over.
Stop by to see Billy and the Babes at Spectra booth (repeat this stop 10 more times).
Buy some raffle tickets at the Make A Wish booth, say high to Harry & Lan.
Hit the Bloodydecks booth up to buy new Sweatshirts, T-shirts, Stickers, & Hats for the 2011 season.
Drop by the Sr. Tuna booth to see George and his band of fun loving fishermen, try to give George a donation of $$, only to have him get mad and give me a ton of swag and fishing lures.
Climb all over the Defiance boats and BS with Rob for a while.
Follow some milfs around and act like I'm shopping for something.
Buy an assortment of swimbaits from 2 or 3 different manufacturers.
Buy some 1/4 lb spools of line at a few of the places that are buy one get one free or buy 2 get one free.......... hell I can't remember, all I know is I end up with one free.
Say high to about 500 people that in recent years, I usually only see at the Fred Hall show, and it's always great to see them........... even Rob E. :D

Watch some more milfs.............then go home with a lot of plastic bags, very light in pocket cash, and heavy in boner.

Jul 4, 2006
San Diego
Name
Tony
Boat
17.5' Seaswirl c/c
Quote "Fred Hall. What to expect?"<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
<HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000; COLOR: #000000" SIZE=1>An empty wallet, a ugly stare from your wife when you get home, a secret smile on your face when you go to bed and think about all the new toys you've added to your other toys, and finally a realization that you already have most of those new toys gathering dust in your closet after last year's Fred Hall.

Now go out and buy.

hyroller

Oct 9, 2009
Hermosa Beach, CA USA
Name
Don
Boat
25, Defiance
Damn! Last time I was there looking for tackle, next thing I knew Rob was selling me a boat! It's a good time to re-new your vessel assist there, because you save a few bucks and ya get a free bad!