Soda Pop

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Feb 12, 2011
Fresno, CA
Name
David Rouse
Boat
Long range fishing
I love this show every year I go. Always run into some people I know and meet new friends. I will be there Friday March 3rd. After that my wife and I will spend the night in Long Beach and in the morning we will take a drive to San Diego. I depart on a 15 day on the Intrepid Sunday March 5th. She has a 8AM flight on Sunday morning so I will drive her to the airport and come back and load my truck for the check in at the Intrepid office. Hope to see some faces I know and meet some new friends.

Upvote 0

Pangamaster

Cow Town Here I come!
Jul 1, 2008
San Ramon, CA
Name
Dave
Boat
SD Long Range or Bay Area Day Boats.
Hey Soda Pop!
And others! I'm going Friday as well. Last few years have been too chaotic on Saturdays....so looking to take a deep dive into some Railrods and see if I can find an addition to my cow town arsenal. 1 rod and 1 reel is my goal. I'll be staying in the area that night as well. Who else from this forum might I run into?
Dave

Reactions: hucklongfin
Upvote 0

fsh4calico

Paralabrax clathratus
Oct 31, 2004
Torrance, Ca
Name
Pete
Boat
Long Range, Float Tube
I love this show every year I go. Always run into some people I know and meet new friends. I will be there Friday March 3rd. After that my wife and I will spend the night in Long Beach and in the morning we will take a drive to San Diego. I depart on a 15 day on the Intrepid Sunday March 5th. She has a 8AM flight on Sunday morning so I will drive her to the airport and come back and load my truck for the check in at the Intrepid office. Hope to see some faces I know and meet some new friends.
Check your calendar Dave. It's a 16 day, not a 15 day. :) See you at the dock on Sunday. Looking forward to fishing with you again.

Upvote 0

ripped

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Dec 5, 2007
    Santa Barbara
    Name
    Gary
    Boat
    Vagabond
    I'll be there Friday as well but chances are you will only see me as just another Joe LOL I drive down from Santa Barbara and make it a day trip. It's always fun to see the new stuff and be tempted with all that candy laying around.

Reactions: Soda Pop
    Upvote 0

Soda Pop

Feb 12, 2011
    Fresno, CA
    Name
    David Rouse
    Boat
    Long range fishing
    Check your calendar Dave. It's a 16 day, not a 15 day. :) See you at the dock on Sunday. Looking forward to fishing with you again.

LOL Glad I don't have a job.... tossed the calendar out years ago. WOW Pete I look forward to sharing the rail with you again.

Upvote 0
    Mar 18, 2011
    SoCal
    Name
    Doug
    Boat
    Royal Polaris
    Hey Soda Pop!
    And others! I'm going Friday as well. Last few years have been too chaotic on Saturdays....so looking to take a deep dive into some Railrods and see if I can find an addition to my cow town arsenal. 1 rod and 1 reel is my goal. I'll be staying in the area that night as well. Who else from this forum might I run into?
    Dave

Dave - stop by the United Composites booth and come pull on some rail rods. The full arsenal will be there for you to play with and to compare. Thank you.

Upvote 0

wahoodad

Yaddah X3
    Apr 27, 2003
    US/Mexico
    Name
    Choate
    Boat
    Islander
    Tree and I are doing a date night there on Friday night. I think you have my cell number, text me when you are there. We'll hang out at Soft Steel a little while.

Upvote 0

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
    Jan 2, 2005
    Bishop
    Name
    Steve
    Boat
    18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
    For a rail rod/setup I would seriously look at U.C. and Mak

Upvote 0

ksong

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Aug 7, 2005
    NJ
    Name
    KIL SONG
    Boat
    NONE
    Check our Black Hole USA booth for the cow rail rods/blanks.

Upvote 0

Soda Pop

Feb 12, 2011
    Fresno, CA
    Name
    David Rouse
    Boat
    Long range fishing
    I will be there Friday. Leaving my home Thursday afternoon going to the show Friday... driving to San Diego Saturday... leaving on a 16 day Sunday.

Reactions: Steel8
    Upvote 0

mike garrahan

TheSabreGuy
    Sep 7, 2007
    la habra hts
    Name
    mike garrahan
    Boat
    23 ft. crestliner
    There is a big mix of vendors at the show. There are some very large operations like Turners that have set prices and will definitely collect sales tax. There are other smaller vendors and sometimes individuals working a booth who are selling personal items who will deal with you especially if you are paying cash. Late in the day on Sunday is a good time to wheel and deal but by then you may not find what you are looking for.

Reactions: raw66
    Upvote 0

Soda Pop

Feb 12, 2011
    Fresno, CA
    Name
    David Rouse
    Boat
    Long range fishing
    I changed my plans on the show... I will be there Thursday .. I can not wait till Friday... LOL

Upvote 0

walkerman

May 7, 2008
    Ventura
    Name
    Steve
    Boat
    n/a
    Well, I was at the show most all day. I had some reels worked on by Ken's Custom Reels .... top notch and fairly priced. Bought a bunch of jigs at Bob Sands ... a bunch of JRI surface jigs, hooicides and Caivos. Went to some interesting seminars, and bought a bunch of plastics and lead heads. .... and a HUK hoodie for wifey. Talked to Jamie at Bob Sands, Eric at Erics, Andrew at the Mirage booth - I had not seen him for a few years, so that was great. All and all, a great day.

Upvote 0