LEGALWISE

Almost A Member
Nov 17, 2011
VALENCIA,CA
Name
DON KLAHS
Boat
INDEPENDANCE
I hear that a good portion of the long range fleet as well as several major landings and tackle shops are not going to the Fred Hall show in Long Beach in 2022. Anybody have any information regarding this?

gettingbentwithbo
gettingbentwithbo
I don't think there is going to be a show. I heard the partners went separate ways. Would make sense why the long range fleet wouldn't be there.
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

MikeC.

Jun 22, 2019
Torrance, Ca
Name
Mike
Boat
none
would bet on no show period. There is a tackle, boat, vehicle, and everything else manufacturing shortage that isnt set to change any time soon

Last edited:
Upvote 0

af dreamer

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Apr 16, 2007
long beach,ca
Name
tom
Boat
44 luhrs dreamer
It's on the Internet today!First I know of it,will check tomorrow as my sons company usually has a booth there.Tom

Upvote 0

af dreamer

Apr 16, 2007
long beach,ca
Name
tom
Boat
44 luhrs dreamer
Like ICAST might be hard to sell booths.Pretty much everyone can't keep up with demand right now.Showscost a ton and pretty much not needed to help sell product these days.Time will tell..Tom

Reactions: yessokk and kevina
Upvote 0

Lake

I Should Upgrade My Account
Mar 31, 2003
Visalia, CA
Name
Blaine Lake
Boat
none
Although I like seeing them at the show and enjoy talking with them I don’t know why they bother with it. Most of them are almost completely sold out a year in advance.

Reactions: kevina
Upvote 0

kevina

• Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat
    25' aqua sport
    As Lake said above, Most of the L.R boats are sold out a year in advance!! Why spend all that big money to advertise their boat. Most of the L.R boats have a waiting list to get on a trip. If they were hurting for business then it's a capitol idea to have a booth. Supply and demand, Just like today, I called my contact at Poway of Toyota yesterday and told her I want the new, 2022 Toyota TRD PRO Tundra and she told me that they are all selling for $7K above the MSRP, OUCH. Normally I'll get the SR5, Tundra TRD, full size for $5000-$9000 BELOW MSRP. Not This Year!

Reactions: locvetter
    Upvote 0

marlyn

• Dec 18, 2005
    So Cal
    Name
    mark
    Boat
    21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
    Long range isnt the only thing thats sold out.Try getting campground reservations,It seems anything to do with the outdoors is extremely popular (and expensive) right now.

Upvote 0

woodfish330

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Aug 14, 2012
    San Fransisco,CA USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    Fishead
    Brothers.... its September.... a full 6 months before the usual March dates. Before you "write" anything off... dont ever doubt the power of $$$.

Second.... as for the SD FLEET.... they've been "Sold out" for years.... and still did the shows.... if only for P.R. purposes. Use to laugh with the "Big Man" about that.... doing the shows up and down the west coast. Its the cost... of "doing business". Keeping your face out there. Representing LONG RANGE fishing as a Leader and Business owner.... has a cost.... thats part of it.

Have know the Halls for 40 years.... and everyone involved there. I don't believe they're gonna let the BIGGEST WEST COAST TACKLE SHOW.... " go there own separate ways". No.... I haven't called to ask. Gonna wait and see what happens. Is it a BIG SHOW era.... there in Long Beach? Municipal regs.... state regs... and Covid. We'll have to wait and see. Hoping you're all wrong.... myself. Be safe out there.

Upvote 0
    Apr 10, 2019
    San Pedro, CA
    Name
    Chris
    Boat
    La Reina
    If there is a show, I’m going. Even if only to test my knots on the Berkeley knot testing machine. I’ll pick up a few odds & ends also. I submitted my email address for show updates so I guess I’ll find out one way or another at some point. On second thought, with all the testing and vaccination hoops they’re going to make people jump through to go to the show, I don’t think I’ll be going after all.

Last edited:
    Reactions: kbray001
    Upvote 0

jer dog

Fishing is life
    Jun 22, 2006
    Garden Grove
    Name
    Gerry
    Boat
    One that floats
    If there is a show, I’m going. Even if only to test my knots on the Berkeley knot testing machine. I’ll pick up a few odds & ends also. I submitted my email address for show updates so I guess I’ll find out one way or another at some point.
    Because of the political crap going on,
    The odds of me going are slim,
    And I haven’t missed one in over 15
    Years or so.

ZZZZZ

Dec 11, 2003
    Name
    Boat
    Because of the political crap going on,
    The odds of me going are slim,
    And I haven’t missed one in over 15
    Years or so.

Reminising. From mid elementary school to 7th grade. Walking the train tracks to the show. 2 of the later years. We (reider) would bring our own trout rods. To use at the trout pond. Would try and break the fish off for another turn

After the supervisors had enough of us. Would run my live (trout) to the bass tank. And throw it in. At the Del Mar fred hall show, bass tank

Reactions: sealskinner
    Upvote 0

Latest posts