Four days at the June Lake Loop

Highwayman

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Jun 25, 2015
    Name
    Sammy
    Boat
    Party Boats and Skiff
    I spent four days last week at the June Lake Loop with my family. I hadn't trout fished in years and enjoyed the weather (80's) and the people around me were all enjoying the scenery. I fished Gull lake the first day up from the shore with small spoons and caught all the small stockers I wanted. Second day I rented a skiff and fished Silver Lake where I rented a cabin. The fishing was slow in general but again the weather and scenery were awesome. The final day of fishing we rented a pontoon boat and fished June Lake. I really noticed how the people in the towns and around the lakes were really happy to be out in the fresh air. The final day we laid around the cabin, watched the deer and quail passing through and feeding in the early morning and then headed for home in the late morning. We decided to stop in Lone Pine for breakfast at the Alabama Hills Cafe, I had the best hash brown potatoes I have had in a long time with the Lone Ranger omelette. I have to get up that way more often...

Highwayman

• Jun 25, 2015
    Name
    Sammy
    Boat
    Party Boats and Skiff
    626B6EC5-8585-49B2-91F9-7694B633D045.jpeg
    1D33B0EA-25C2-4058-943A-AFA54080CBE1.jpeg

Highwayman

• Jun 25, 2015
    Name
    Sammy
    Boat
    Party Boats and Skiff
    Quality time with the family up in God's Country. Awesome!

Schat's Bakkery, Mahogany Smoked Meats, Copper Top stops on the way up?
    Yup, stopped at Schat’s for a Deli sandwich, loaf of bread and some cookies on the way up on Thursday . The place was really busy but good. Drove by on Sunday and the place was packed. Bishop down through Lone Pine was quite busy. It was good to see everyone out enjoying life.

Upvote 0