BigJoe

No fish in O'side
Dec 6, 2005
Vista
Name
Joe
Boat
26', Striper, Wage Burner
Great job finding the fish, should be wide open when I get back in a little over a week...

Where can I find that in the regs?

Geno the best place to check is here for if the regs going from 10 to 2 are in place: http://www.fgc.ca.gov/regulations/2015/index.aspx#27_65

Right now it says:
  • Date Filed with the Office of Administrative Law: April 24, 2015
  • The Final Statement of Reasons and Approved Regulatory Language will be posted here when they become available.
  • Office of Administrative Law's decision: pending
  • Date filed with the Secretary of State: pending
  • Effective Date of Regulation: pending

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
All that ice in the hold says you were prepared for a successful day.Way to go.

Reactions: justin cardenas
Upvote 0

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
Feb 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
25ft Skipjack fly
I think I saw this boat last year out paddy hopping. I thought it was a commercial boat but all the guys were having a great time catching dodo's on rod / reel. Not sure if it's the same.

Upvote 0

D-spot

Fishing....... Where You're Not.......
May 21, 2008
Diego
Name
Ray
Boat
23' Neptune CC "Non-Stop"
No not the aluminator it's a friend pb. And thanks

Ah Gotcha...Was just curious...Don't know him myself , but have seen the boat. Your buddies rig is sweet.

Upvote 0

clintonstick

Mar 18, 2014
Name
mike
Boat
g3
Headed out to the 182 and saw good signs of life. We didn't see to many signs of bluefin in the morning so we decided to look around for some kelps. We found some nice kelps in the area holding some nice yellows. We had 15 yellowtail. One stop we picked up 8 20-40 pounds! Most were 20-28 but we landed a single fish that weighed 40 pounds! All yellows were caught on flyline and they were eating every line. I was fishing 40 pound mono and landed 3. As midday came around the kelps died off so we decided to look around for some tunas. After about an hour of searching we spit a nice school of terns picking hard, and about half a mile away we had a jig strike got one on the cedar in the boat brailed bait and hooked up on 2 more. Those fish were very line shy ate 20 pound fluoro. We landed our two more bluefin and pointed her towards home. Overall it was a great day on the water and the water at the 182 was a nice blue and 64.8 degrees. These are the only pics I took for the day sorry that's all I got.View attachment 591994View attachment 591995View attachment 591996View attachment 591997View attachment 591998
great fish,great report

Upvote 0

SeaHogDelux

Fish Killer eater guy
Aug 19, 2010
San Pedro, ca usa
Name
Capt. Hog
Boat
Sgt. Slaughter
Awesome. Well the Water temp in San Pedro channel was 65-67 today close to shore was 63-65. Pretty wild...I'm goin tuna huntin.... I had a feeling they'd be around... Remember last year they hugged the coast and were up past malibu

Upvote 0

inSTANt bendo

Outrider Sportfishing
Oct 1, 2003
Temecula
Name
Stan
Boat
Outrider Sportfishing
That's the best news I've read in days! Slug yellows on paddies at local banks...oh man! My first of 6 charters isnt until mid June. Might need to get out sooner...

Upvote 0

Lotsa Luck

Almost A Member
Oct 18, 2004
Hyatt Marina Mission Bay
Name
Don Luckenbach, 100 Ton Capt.
Boat
35' Cabo Express, Lotsa Luck II
Curious how far offshore that is? I am bringing my boat to SD from San Francisco May 30th for the summer so we will need to learn the spots.

Upvote 0