Found Inflatable

Sep 19, 2013
Downey/Ca/USA
Name
Pete
Boat
Paddywagon
While out with the masses yesterday, most f'ing buffoons, I found an 8' inflatable floating N/W of the Avalon Bank. No motor just the boat. Appeared to have been being towed and came disconnected from it's parent boat. No CF number or boat name and in really good shape. If anyone lost or knows someone who lost a dingy while traveling between Cat and the mainland, please PM me. Will need some obvious info, brand, serial #, and I will get it back to you ASAP. Lord knows them things aren't cheap.

Upvote 0

26grumpy

who hooked who
Sep 24, 2006
Anaheim Hills
Name
Joe
Boat
Freefrom Boats Club
You're a good man Pete, karma coming your way!!

Upvote 0
Sep 19, 2013
Downey/Ca/USA
Name
Pete
Boat
Paddywagon
First thing I did was check for, strike that, I found no cargo on board. Well, I am going run the VIN on it but since no CF's I will probably run into a dead end. BTW, anyone know about Maritime Law with regard to abandoned boats? I am going to give it my best shot at finding the owner, I'm not a douche bag, but I have been told I have a summer fresh scent.:D Funny thing though, I was looking for the exact size dinghy for my Avalon harbor runs with the wife.

Upvote 0

Islandrat

Wish I was new
Aug 15, 2007
Camarillo
Name
Eric
Boat
Davis 22 to Radon 26 to Crystaliner 33
I found a kayak off anacapa once and actually tracked down the owner from a dive sticker out of fresno. Guy was stoked.. Good luck, worth the hunt

Upvote 0

Ali

Master of Nothing
Admin
Apr 24, 2003
San Diego
Name
That Guy
Boat
SeaVee 340Z
Marine Salvage - If you find ANY boat adrift without a crew/owner you own it. Crazy but true.

Upvote 0

40Grit

Sep 9, 2009
Newport Beach California
Name
Steve Brown
Boat
Radovich 34
Good for you Pete, somebody is really bummed right now. they will turn up. and after your good ole Amerkin try and they don't its yours!!!!

by the way the Highway Patrol located a car trailer that somebody borrowed from our storage yard a couple of years ago!! farkin stoked!!!

Upvote 0
Sep 19, 2013
Downey/Ca/USA
Name
Pete
Boat
Paddywagon
Well, had the HIN tag on the transom run. Not stolen and never registered. Surprised because there is signs of outboard use. Read online in order for me to register, if I wanted to put a 350 OB on it, I need to place an ad in the paper for lost and found. May as well anyway, who knows. It is definitely not a cheap brand and I know I tried. Lesson to all, label all your equipment just in case someone wants to return it. Once in a blue moon some one will try. Ill let you know. Thanks for the input.

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
I lost mine last week....is it grey?

Upvote 0