Nice of you !!!! Hope you got bugs for your trouble. :cheers:

lobzila

May 2, 2007
Oside
Name
e-man
Boat
204 Angler
You must of stolen them as I have never heard of anyone losing gear ever! Its always stolen!
Good for you for trying to return them. I find nets diving all the time in the rocks and leave them at the various boat ramps.

mullet

Metal Fabricator
Jan 10, 2006
San Fernando Valley
Name
Mike
Boat
19"Gregor
Before you pickup those derelict nets remember your only allowed 10 on your vessel at a time.
Since they changed the regs I've been forced to leave them where they be.

Reactions: T Shark and plj46

Johnlgarrison

The ultimate goal is memories not dreams.
Jul 27, 2009
Temecula CA USA!
www.inkspotsgreatdanes.com
Name
Johnny Garrison
Boat
Parker 2320 "Sticky Business 5"
Before you pickup those derelict nets remember your only allowed 10 on your vessel at a time.
Great advise thanks for sharing

imogene

Feb 8, 2010
Escondido, Ca
Name
Paul Moritz
Boat
18' Fisher CC
I was halibut fishing in the morning and found them in the channel. If I wanted to keep/steal them, I wouldnt be trying to give them back to who ever lost them. I didnt have any other hoop nets on my boat. I dont hoop net at 10am.

Well-Known "Member"
Mar 12, 2014
San Diego
Name
Blake
Boat
25' Skipjack FB
I lost 3 -36" promar eclipse. Tried to pm you but got a server error

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
Feb 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
25ft Skipjack fly
I was halibut fishing in the morning and found them in the channel. If I wanted to keep/steal them, I wouldnt be trying to give them back to who ever lost them. I didnt have any other hoop nets on my boat. I dont hoop net at 10am.
He was thanking you for trying to get them back to the owner.

radman

Well-Known "Member"
Jun 10, 2006
escondido
Name
Darrin
Boat
Stringari
I lost 2 that had yellow and orange reflective tape on them.

lobzila

May 2, 2007
Oside
Name
e-man
Boat
204 Angler
Sorry, sarcasm sometimes does not come across the internet. My hat is off to you for trying to return the lost nets. I was just making fun of the fact that people will generally lose gear to seals, tides, currents, other boats cutting off or dragging gear away, or heaven forbid, they got too drunk to find them in the dark, and you see several posts per year stating "Some Ahole stole my gear".
Once again, my hat is off for you trying to return the gear, and great point about the ten nets on the boat.

Jaggy

May 18, 2010
spring valley
Name
jon
Boat
26 ft fiberform
Doing the rite thing is always a good idea. You will catch many fish in the future, grass hoppa!

monarch120

Jul 24, 2006
Chula Vista, CA
Name
Brian
Boat
272 Sailfish
Describe them and you can have them. No phone numbers or names on the traps or buoys.
Paul
1 promar 32" rigid hoop net. Blue painted steel, white 2" pvc bait tube zip tied to bottom. Yellow 3/4" rope tied to Ocean spray cranberry 100% juice jug for a float with glow Sticks inside. Tide came in and submerged my bouy because i zip tied slack in the line

also lost 2 lay flat hoop nets, same 2" pvc bait tubes, red rope, white float on top had sinker zip tied to one side of float and glow stick zip tied to other side. All zip ties were white/clear colored

mcclurg2006 and I lost them Sunday night. Can provide pics of other traps rigged the same way

Matt Moyer

DESTROYER
Aug 7, 2004
La Mesa
www.ballastpoint.com
Name
"DESTROYER"
Boat
22' Sea Fox Viper "Even Keel"
We lost 1 a couple weeks ago. Promar Conical. Had a black 2" tube with a rubber cap zipped tied in it. Either had Charger Color Reflective tape on the buoy or
regular reflective tape. Should have had a bottle zipped tied to the buoy with a light in it. PM if that's ours. Thank you for doing the right
thing. I would do the same. Cheers!

Reactions: Nic D