kingston wa usa
Name
Tev
Boat
" The grocery getter" 18ft 1996 Truline CC, Unnamed 2002 Hewescraft 179
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
3yrs ago I found a 16ft Sterling SeaSkiff and fell in love with these capable little boats. Spent the first year dialing it in and she's been a very stable and fun boat for my family. We've gone out in some rough water and felt completely safe. Perfect economical & easy to handle vessel. I'd never get rid of it....... That is until I found an 18fter. Let the rehab begin. 2ft longer and 7 inches wider & In floor fuel tank. Gonna be a fish slayer. I'm gonna give it the same treatment as the white 16fter. Probably get rid of the red stripe and rhino line the deck first thing. Build thread to follow.

Upvote 0

tanner.s

Fish Slaughterer
Oct 18, 2012
San Diego
Name
Tanner
Boat
1997 Proline 23 W/A
Is has less freeboard than the 16'er? Cool looking skiff!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

flanker7

Mar 31, 2011
kingston wa usa
Name
Tev
Boat
The 18 has about 2.5" less freeboard because of the tank which sucks but it does have molded utility trays that run down the gunnels in the back half of the boat where there's no railing. Adds another 4" of width to the top rail so you've got something to lean against without going into the drink.

Reactions: tanner.s
Upvote 0

tanner.s

Fish Slaughterer
Oct 18, 2012
San Diego
Name
Tanner
Boat
1997 Proline 23 W/A
I finally figured out what it reminds me of, a glass Bayrunner!

Upvote 0

flanker7

Mar 31, 2011
kingston wa usa
Name
Tev
Boat
Side by side they look a lot alike. The fiberglass allows for deep reverse chines and the recessed motor well. I've ran in several tin boats and each one of them pounded in the chop. Even for its size the hull design in fiberglass is smooth and will leave your fillings in your teeth. I looked real hard at the Klamaths CC's and Bayrunners but like the width and smoother ride of the SeaSkiff

Upvote 0

tanner.s

Fish Slaughterer
Oct 18, 2012
San Diego
Name
Tanner
Boat
1997 Proline 23 W/A
Side by side they look a lot alike. The fiberglass allows for deep reverse chines and the recessed motor well. I've ran in several tin boats and each one of them pounded in the chop. Even for its size the hull design in fiberglass is smooth and will leave your fillings in your teeth. I looked real hard at the Klamaths CC's and Bayrunners but like the width and smoother ride of the SeaSkiff
Oh yeah, looks like it would ride a whole lot better. Aluminum hurts lol, I ride in a 15' Gregor all the time and it's not smooth lol.

Cool skiffs

Upvote 0

tanner.s

Fish Slaughterer
Oct 18, 2012
San Diego
Name
Tanner
Boat
1997 Proline 23 W/A
Oh yeah, looks like it would ride a whole lot better. Aluminum hurts lol, I ride in a 15' Gregor all the time and it's not smooth lol.

Cool skiffs

Upvote 0

tanner.s

Fish Slaughterer
Oct 18, 2012
San Diego
Name
Tanner
Boat
1997 Proline 23 W/A

Cool skiffs

Upvote 0