gecsr1

Plain Jane Rods...Hobby Rod Builder
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
No Boat Now
Damn some of you guys are dicks! That is a fellow fishermans pride and joy! I hope you two who are talking about rear tow straps are joking. You have no idea what happened, nor do I, but my guess is tow straps would not have helped. I have been boating for 20+ years and have heard both sides of the rear tie down story. Personally I use them but if you get broadsided or hit hard they are not going to save the boat
If you think these guys are bad or insensitive...you should have been here a few years back...this is mild..... have a great day.....and remember this is BD...

Upvote 0

fujirose

Jan 17, 2009
Roseville, CA
Name
Jim Fujitani
Boat
21' Seaswirl
I hope it was property damage only, names exchanged only

Initially, that's what the cop is thinking.

I guessing, if the boat and winch look like that, the trailer is totaled.

Another thought by the cop, "Can I get a tag out of this? Maybe illegal parking; Naw, it says tires must be within 18" of the curb, but no tires on the boat, Damn. I guess it will have to be illegal dumping/littering on the roadway...".

On a serious note: I hope no one was hurt and the owner has insurance coverage.

Jim

Reactions: fishin_kid
Upvote 0

gecsr1

Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
No Boat Now
Wow so funny that people are making up stories on how it happened... WHO CARES .......it posted as a funny picture... enjoy it and be thankful it's not your boat...

Have a great day.....

Reactions: Johnny Sixgun
Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
Heres my take.
Striper was heading north on telegraph 40 mph in right lane. Car headed west on santa fe in left lane doing 45 mph ran red light nailed rear passenger side fender on trailer...damage on starboard side of boat is in the shape of said fender.
Driver headed west did not see red light due to sun in his eyes....or DUI.

Upvote 0

gecsr1

Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
No Boat Now
Heres my take.
Striper was heading north on telegraph 40 mph in right lane. Car headed west on santa fe in left lane doing 45 mph ran red light nailed rear passenger side fender on trailer...damage on starboard side of boat is in the shape of said fender.
Driver headed west did not see red light due to sun in his eyes....or DUI.
Do you really think anyone really gives a darn about what happened... just enjoy the pic......have a great day.....LOL

Reactions: dragonballs
Upvote 0

dragonballs

I'm off probation
  • Mar 28, 2008
    Arlington WA
    Name
    Vance
    Boat
    40' ocean sport fisher
    I used to run around on short trips without the straps..

Upvote 0

PaDDy Killer'

I Should Upgrade My Account
    May 9, 2008
    Santa Clarita
    Name
    Patrick
    Boat
    Parker 2520 & 17' Whaler
    Those crappy stripers with even crappier trailers. What a dick leaving his pos in the street. Probably trying to scam his insurance company.

Upvote 0

monster1

Typical Striper owner
    May 30, 2006
    Long beach
    Name
    Monster
    Boat
    Yep
    So you never made a typo..... LMAO.....
    A comeback is supposed to be in the first reply to my comment, not the second. Nice try though.

ef36c195d8f4e91ff137a83d5db19573608b8da78e405f54dbd2a93fe2eb1020.jpg

Upvote 0

LeeMajors

May 20, 2014
    Washington
    Name
    Lee
    Boat
    40' Tiara 35 Open
    Reactions here weren't much different than those on the striper forums. You're gonna get the full spectrum on something like this.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Reactions: monster1
    Upvote 0

Johnny Sixgun

Go where the fleet isn't
    Sep 7, 2014
    N32.45 W117
    Name
    John
    Boat
    TTT
    It's BD. Of course many here are dicks. But, we are also some of the nicest dicks around. There's a pecking order with bayliners, stripers, and the rest of the boats, so striper guy's always get shit. They know it's just poking fun. Of course we all know this sucks and nobody hopes anybody was hurt. Can't change it, so gotta try some humor. :).
    What's the pecking order?

Upvote 0