Offshore Fortune 10/11, Magic Kelp, Wahoo, Limits in an hour (video)

PENN

bearinla

May 29, 2009
Placentia, CA
Name
Rick
Boat
Cattle Boat
We charter the Fortune almost every month as we just love the boat and her crew. Yesterday's trip did not disappoint. It was like a trip that I always dreamt of. I could not believe that it actually came to fruition.

Long story short, we were driving around looking for any sign of life, it was pretty barren out there. Just past 9 AM, Captain Bruce announces over the PA and says that another boat is drifting on a kelp and we are invited. Once we arrive, the moment our first bait hit the water, all hell breaks lose. I mean there were fish everywhere. (watch the video) The fish were literally jumping out of the water to take our bait. I've been on a wide open bite but never like this.

Now for the wahoo, several of us saw wahoo swimming around during the open bite. A couple of us actually hooked the wahoo but he broke 2 of the jigs off. Fianally, on a third bite, he is finally gaffed.

The 18 of us had our limits in about 1.5 hours. We were done fishing before 11 AM in the morning. Although our charter was 1.5 day, we decided to call it a day. Thank you Bruce for all the fish, excellent service, and food! See you next month!

Here is the video from Captain Bruce:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
Did the boat fish south or west?

Upvote 0

queenfish

Nov 21, 2003
OB
Name
mark
Boat
19 Boston Whaler Nantucket
unreel video. The best is when the skipper spots that 'hoo and runs down and gaffs it.

Thanks for posting.

Upvote 0

limowreck1

A Complete Wreck
Jan 10, 2011
San Clemente, CA
Name
Scott Campbell
Boat
Grady White Bimini 306
Wow... that was pretty bad ass videography there. Well done!

Upvote 0

Rimack

Old School
Jun 24, 2011
Elk Grove
Name
gary
Boat
WORKING ON IT.
Well done!!!!!

Upvote 0

GunghoSD

FISH . DIVE . LIVE
Jun 9, 2013
san diego, ca, usa
Name
matt
Boat
Wellcraft 212 CC
mutha FUC!!!KKK YESSSSSSSSSSS... watching Bruce run out of the wheelhouse is priceless. this video is the exact reason we all love this sport!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: so*CALpaddyhop
Upvote 0

greybite

Almost A Member
Nov 8, 2004
Santa Monica
www.dmscontractors.com
Name
Dan
Boat
"End of the Line" 31 Bertram
We charter the Fortune almost every month as we just love the boat and her crew. Yesterday's trip did not disappoint. It was like a trip that I always dreamt of. I could not believe that it actually came to fruition.

Long story short, we were driving around looking for any sign of life, it was pretty barren out there. Just past 9 AM, Captain Bruce announces over the PA and says that another boat is drifting on a kelp and we are invited. Once we arrive, the moment our first bait hit the water, all hell breaks lose. I mean there were fish everywhere. (watch the video) The fish were literally jumping out of the water to take our bait. I've been on a wide open bite but never like this.

Now for the wahoo, several of us saw wahoo swimming around during the open bite. A couple of us actually hooked the wahoo but he broke 2 of the jigs off. Fianally, on a third bite, he is finally gaffed.

The 18 of us had our limits in about 1.5 hours. We were done fishing before 11 AM in the morning. Although our charter was 1.5 day, we decided to call it a day. Thank you Bruce for all the fish, excellent service, and food! See you next month!

Here is the video from Captain Bruce:
THEEEY BEST VIDEO I HAVE SEEN!

Upvote 0

Shark Meat

Diehard/Determined CAPT
Apr 5, 2006
San Diego, CA
Name
Mike
Boat
Glacier Bay 2670 Isle Runner - Shark Meat II
Very impressive