Fort Bragg Albies ?????????

craigsl

• Aug 29, 2017
    Nor Cal
    Name
    Craig
    Boat
    Trophy
    I was camping this last weekend in Albion where word was going around that the tuna grounds were in reach (40 miles) and that a group of boats from FB were going to give it a try on Sun or Mon. Would sure love to hear a report on the results if anybody knows anything.
    I bought a 2020 Parker 2320 and have been going crazy waiting for the tuna water to get here.

Reactions: jiggermyster
    Upvote 0

Cubanaso

Pezcador
    Aug 12, 2014
    Name
    Andrew
    Boat
    river sled
    I heard two boats got into em the other day, maybe call the FB landing.

Upvote 0

heatsource

Mar 28, 2018
    nevada city, ca
    Name
    dave
    Boat
    north river
    4816A5AC-8075-4C4B-A306-B9BA5E0F76F1.png
    Anyone looking at going Sunday/Monday ??

Yes
    Probably Monday Tuesday

Reactions: Peg North
    Upvote 0

tommyc

Hacker
    Jul 30, 2011
    Livermore, CA
    Name
    Tom
    Boat
    Beatem N' Eatem
    60 miles out for five fish is what my captain in Albion told me. You might find them closer, too far for us to run. Good luck if you go!

Upvote 0

Tom Kim

Almost A Member
    Aug 5, 2008
    Fairfield CA
    Name
    Tom
    Boat
    Grady White 272 Sailfish
    I was planning first week of August but now I think I'll do a Monterey/SC trip first.. BFT wont hang around very long.

Upvote 0

threewaves

Yellowtail
  • Feb 1, 2014
    Nor Cal - Bay Area
    www.facebook.com
    Name
    Dave
    Boat
    BFG - Pursuit 2870
    60 miles out for five fish is what my captain in Albion told me. You might find them closer, too far for us to run. Good luck if you go!

WFO Albies out of FB this past weekend. Sunday and Monday anywhere up and down the 37 line and I mean anywhere..20 - 30 miles of the 37 line fish were caught. Best area for us was 24/36 and 25/37, afternoon much bigger fish. Caught fish as far out as the 47 line on Sunday and caught smaller fish at the 34 line on Monday. Wanted to work a larger area to get some good intel. 15 of the 30 fish we got on Monday went close to 30lbs. Average was probably 18-20 lbs for us. Sunday was nice way out and a bit bumpy inside only 4 boats that I know of out. Monday was lake pacific.. FAC, greasy and probably 25-30 boats spread all over. Never more than 2-3 boats in any one area. Great day. The season is here.

1595975975561.png

Last edited:

Nathan Gunter

Almost A Member
    May 4, 2018
    Sacramento
    Name
    nathan Gunter
    Boat
    Frenzy
    Anyone got room for a guy if you go?
    Geared up for the most part, gas, bait, you call it, I'm game. I will carry my weight and help with all duties. Or if you know of a charter in the area targeting albies that'd be great too!
    Thanks

Reactions: jigsaurus
    Upvote 0

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    GO GETTUM guy's. You triggered my memory bank today. LOL Memories of the Socal Albie heydays.

FYI Sea Adventure 80 chasing bluefin tuna behind Catalina few days ago, ran into a school of Albacore fast swimming NORTH! LOL

RON-03.jpg

Reactions: Peg North
    Upvote 0

Dukdog

Aug 25, 2019
    Manteca
    Name
    Chris
    Boat
    18’ duck boat, 22’ bayliner
    WFO Albies out of FB this past weekend. Sunday and Monday anywhere up and down the 37 line and I mean anywhere..20 - 30 miles of the 37 line fish were caught. Best area for us was 24/36 and 25/37, afternoon much bigger fish. Caught fish as far out as the 47 line on Sunday and caught smaller fish at the 34 line on Monday. Wanted to work a larger area to get some good intel. 15 of the 30 fish we got on Monday went close to 30lbs. Average was probably 18-20 lbs for us. Sunday was nice way out and a bit bumpy inside only 4 boats that I know of out. Monday was lake pacific.. FAC, greasy and probably 25-30 boats spread all over. Never more than 2-3 boats in any one area. Great day. The season is here.

View attachment 1176750
    Definitely got my attention. Nice work!! I’ll be ready for our first drive up soon. Just got back from San Diego and wanted to make sure the bluefin weren’t going to give us a shot in NorCal before I head to FB.

Upvote 0