Former UFC fighter Matt Hughes....road to recovery!!

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by ?? fisherman, Oct 2, 2018.

1. ?? fisherman

?? fisherman super Captain

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    Kencraft CC
    Any of you who half way follow this sport are familiar with former fighter Matt Hughes.
    As most may know, Matt was involved in a very bad accident not all that long ago, in which his truck was struck by a train. Matt was close to dying in this accident, and yet miraculously pulled through. As time passed, I would sometimes see him at fights, but never really knew the extent of his injuries, or how much he had really recovered.

Well just days ago, and at a Promo for the upcoming Conor vs Khabib fight, the UFC and Dana White unleashed a documentary on Matt Hughes. Here is a short clip of Dana talking with and about Matt. It's pretty heavy man, and just another reminder how crazy and fragile our lifes really are.

Watch this clip and remember.....live life, have fun, and enjoy the truly special people in your life....and don't be afraid to let them know what they mean to you.

All the best to Matt....I hope he continues to make strides in his recovery!

The unknown fisherman:p:

2. r8rs4lf

r8rs4lf I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Al
    Boat:
    Salty AF
    Wow, that was heavy!

I'm not a MMA fanboy, but I do watch sometimes. Hughes was a beast back in the day. Sucks that happened to him.

?? fisherman likes this.
  3. tunacraze

tunacraze Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Steve Brunton
    Boat:
    The Big Ones
    Damn Mike. I did not even know about that! He was a bad ass fighter in his day! What a tragedy, but what a strong man to pull through that! Holy crap! Thanks for sharing!

?? fisherman likes this.
  4. jgy

jgy Member

Name:
    James
    Boat:
    Looking for a World Cat 320EC (hit me up if you have one for sale)
    Wow. Havent been following MMA in the last several years but when I did, Hughes was one of my favorite fighters. Sucks he had that happen to him. Hope he's able to fully recover.

?? fisherman likes this.
  5. ?? fisherman

?? fisherman super Captain

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    Kencraft CC
    Yeah, I think alot of people weren't aware of his accident, and if they were, I don't think many at all really knew how bad off he was or the extent of his recovery. I actually knew of his accident, and tried to follow his progress for quite awhile, but it was kept pretty hush. It wasn't until yesterday that I saw this video clip and was taken back from what I viewed.

On the good side, he survived and is one tough guy. He looks good and in shape, and although his speach and motor skills are hindered right now, it seems his thoughts and thinking are fairly ok.

Tough seeing a guy who was such an active and physical athelete suddenly go through something like this. Hopefully his recovery will continue to progress forward.

The unknown fisherman:p:

6. mainline23

mainline23 Member

Name:
    mark
    Boat:
    -
    The dude is tough as nails... unbelievable story