For Trade or Sale Newell G229-F *** DONE *** please delete

Discussion in 'USED Fishing Rods and Reels For Sale' started by steelfish, Jun 28, 2015.

1. steelfish

steelfish the BBB, Baja Bass Boy..

Name:
    Alex
    Boat:
    Boatless
    got this reel few weeks ago from the father of a good friend, the reel was bought many years ago, used for 3-4 times and save it on box on the bedroom, not a single deep scratch, even the few barely visible scratches are for been storaged with another 3 reels (those were cheap ones and toasted), I could put a 8.5 or 9 from 10 in cosmetic and 9.5/10 mechanical.
    well I was going to keep it but lately have found many old school reels for upgrades and projects and like them bit better than this and also this have more resale value on the condition it is, which is 100% stock and almost new but no box.

for selling it, I want $143 shipped to anywhere in the states, dont worry about the shipping for me living in Baja, Mexico, I live 2 hrs from the border with calexico, Ca. 92231 but since Im working in an american community of retired US citizens, we have a mail department that send mail by USPS every 2 days. (for receive boxes or products I have my own address in USA)

for trade, I will only accept a Penn Baja Special late model with the line bearing and metal star, depending on the condition I WILL add $40 to $50 by paypal or US check (not the best option but its doable).

I have a ton of pictures of exterior details and guts, if interested and require more pics just let me know

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

look all that steel
    [​IMG]

drag washers are stock but look at them they are almost new, not important if you want to upgrade to carbontex right away but if you want to use it stock they have a lot of life left.
    [​IMG]

this is the only detail I found on the reel, black spots inside the rings, they not look as corrosion but Im not an expert, the good thing is that I already clean all that stuff really good and apply marine grease, the black spots are still visible.
    [​IMG]

The reel is now serviced with marine grease on all metal parts, bearings were cleaned / lubed with tsi 321 and the spool spins forever, it will cast like a dream, you already know better than me but this reel is perfect for inshore fishing, but I have many reels that I like for inshore fishing.
    [​IMG]

I have so far 232 purchases on ebay and 100% positive feedback, many on here, SOL, etc..

2. steelfish

steelfish the BBB, Baja Bass Boy..

Name:
    Alex
    Boat:
    Boatless
    Done Deal on another Forum, please Delete this

thanks