www.metropolitandetail.com
Name
Benjamin
Boat
Parker 2320 Long Cabin 'REEL HOOKER'
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
thought I’d share this cause I’m super impressed with the craftsmanship of the Pro tech knife. Notice the countersink on screws holding deep clip to handle. And the trigger is the finger guard when open. Very nice and very unique and I shaved my arm hair out of the box, nice edge. Needed to share it

TonyG

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Nov 19, 2010
Snohomish, WA
Name
Tony
Boat
NR Seahawk OS 26'; 20' Alumaweld Super Vee Sled
View attachment 1046229 View attachment 1046230 View attachment 1046231 thought I’d share this cause I’m super impressed with the craftsmanship of the Pro tech knife. Notice the countersink on screws holding deep clip to handle. And the trigger is the finger guard when open. Very nice and very unique and I shaved my arm hair out of the box, nice edge. Needed to share it
Damn that's nice looking quality right there.

You goaded me into spending $2200 on a vacuum sealer, now I have to get a $250 pocket knife! :finger:

TonyG

Nov 19, 2010
Snohomish, WA
Name
Tony
Boat
Damn skippy, and you love me very time you close that lid
Oh hell yes. Closing that bad boy on the hunks of 5 smoked kings tomorrow! That thing is the shit & Thom is solid.

FishPimpII

Shopping for a boat...
Jul 27, 2009
Seattle, Wa
Name
Jeff Nelson
Boat
Deckhand of "JuiceboxII" And soon to be captain of fishpimpiii
That’s a fine looking blade. I have access to 1/2 off at cold steel which has some cool blades and machetes and stuff. But the quality doesn’t compare to this so may need to redirect some funds...

Reactions: Reel Hooker

Chasin' Tail

~Jumpers!!~ <*)))><
Aug 10, 2008
Lacey WA
Name
Mike
Boat
17' Thor-Built Sled, 27' NorthRiver OS
I'll take the VP-215 that seals retorts for $800 Alex..

TonyG

Nov 19, 2010
Snohomish, WA
Name
Tony
Boat
There were at least 25 of those in for repair. Not to mention other vp models. Good for you guys where vp works well. We all have our trade offs. Many folks are pleased with a foodsaver model for 150$. That's what I used.

I also used to fish out of a borrowed 14 smoker craft and caught salmon.

Chasin' Tail

~Jumpers!!~ <*)))><
Aug 10, 2008
Lacey WA
Name
Mike
Boat
17' Thor-Built Sled, 27' NorthRiver OS
There were at least 25 of those in for repair. Not to mention other vp models. Good for you guys where vp works well. We all have our trade offs. Many folks are pleased with a foodsaver model for 150$. That's what I used.

I also used to fish out of a borrowed 14 smoker craft and caught salmon.
had to skimp somewhere to buy the 2x 200's ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: mrfish11

TonyG

Nov 19, 2010
Snohomish, WA
Name
Tony
Boat
had to skimp somewhere to buy the 2x 200's ;)
For the record, I certainly didn't get the single 300 to save money. I thought it would be better than maintaining 2 engines. But I hedged and got the bracket for a pair just in case. I'd definitely get a pair if I did it again with this boat. Next boat will have a pair!

Meanwhile the vacuum sealer will last through several boats.

Reel Hooker

Sep 9, 2013
Carnation
www.metropolitandetail.com
Name
Benjamin
Boat
Parker 2320 Long Cabin 'REEL HOOKER'
I’d do a pair of 300’s and a mini pak mvs 20 for the win. But you guys just do what makes you happy and if you like a single 300 enjoy it, if you like vp series enjoy it, and if you like shitting on others people joy, then enjoy that too. No meant to be a competition of who has a nicer pair or motors, or a nicer Vac packer. This was about some sweet craftsmanship, and sharing it with others. Those that enjoy quality will enjoy this post, those that wish they understood quality will shit all over your parade and still not understand what they are saying cause they will never understand what it is we enjoy, cause it isn’t the cost we look at to decide quality.

You guys are all pussies

ledbed6b

Jun 21, 2010
Shoreline WA
Name
Eli
Boat
Parker 2320
View attachment 1046229 View attachment 1046230 View attachment 1046231 thought I’d share this cause I’m super impressed with the craftsmanship of the Pro tech knife. Notice the countersink on screws holding deep clip to handle. And the trigger is the finger guard when open. Very nice and very unique and I shaved my arm hair out of the box, nice edge. Needed to share it
So where can I buy one? I looked and seemed sold out everywhere. I'm a big fan of nice knives

Last edited:
Reactions: TonyG

Odin7

Odin7
Apr 19, 2008
Port Orchard, WA
Name
George
Boat
Duckworth
Nice!

For some reason though, it reminds me of an E-tool ready to turn in to CIF. (As if this was from a Rorschach test using objects?)

Anybody else see that? ;)

Salmonater

Well-Known "Member"
Oct 10, 2008
Tacoma,Wa US
Name
Jeff Norwood
Boat
31' North River Walkaround, Salmonater
The new VP's dont do retorts anymore.

For the record, I love my Benchmade for half the price. I'm sure it's a great knife, but I'm been real happy with the Benchmade.

Last edited:
Reactions: Reel Hooker