Snappin’ necks & cashin’ checks....
Sep 10, 2017
Seal Beach, CA
Name
Jeramy
Boat
Trophy 2509
SOLD! SOLD! SOLD! SOLD! SOLD! SOLD!

Hey thanks for looking at my FOR SALE post!

Up for sale is an Avet MXL single speed reel with 5.8:1 gear ratio in Gunmetal Gray color.
Great little reel with plenty of drag and good smooth freespool.

Condition: This reel is in nice shape with some typical bumps and scratches from normal boat usage. Never abused or neglected. (See photos)

Includes MXL reel (no line on it) with rubber handle and clamp/screws.
(Clamp not shown in photos).

Asking $100.00 Cash, PayPal, or Venmo.
Local pickup in Seal Beach,
or can ship on buyer’s dime if desired.

Avet MXL Reel Features from Avet website:
  • Precision machined 6061 T-6 marine grade aluminum and stainless steel components.
  • Anodized for superior corrosion resistance and beautiful finish.
  • True one piece frame for the ultimate in strength vs. weight.
  • Powerful lever drag system with adjustable strike pre-set.
  • Precision machined stainless steel gears.
  • Avet's patented, indestructible, silent dog and gear anti-reverse system, the most reliable in the industry.
  • Reliable Avedrag dry carbon fiber drags for superior stopping power, smoothness and wear resistance.
  • 8 sealed stainless ball bearings.
  • Alarm clicker.
  • Offset machined handle arm to reduce centerline profile and cranking wobble.
  • Large comfortable soft touch handle knob.
  • Specially designed rod mounting foot to fit most graphite trigger seats as well as standard rod seats.
  • Matching machined aluminum rod clamp.
  • Designed, machined and assembled in USA.
  • MXL Reel diameter: 2-3/8 in.

A3D09D58-302F-499E-A39A-82DAB197537D.jpeg

D80CD67A-ECC7-4688-8B5B-574F3FB2A279.jpeg

D4A7D397-D231-423A-85F3-C84C8DFE694D.jpeg

AD912D8E-FC1B-4CDA-9A7C-29AA9BED6EFB.jpeg

SOLD! SOLD! SOLD! SOLD! SOLD! SOLD!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

kuyamonster

I only wishes to catch some fishes...
May 14, 2009
San Diego/Tacoma USA
Name
Marcel
Boat
Limited load cattle car
Weird. I PM'd him first with price & shipping. No reply to my PM. Reel is sold now. Not sure who bought it but good deal. He's listed other reels and rods at decent prices but I'll pass...

Upvote 0

Hector Garcia

@hectorscustomrods on instagram
  • Dec 28, 2017
    Lake Los Angeles, CA
    Name
    Hector Garcia
    Boat
    I need a ride.
    Weird. I PM'd him first with price & shipping. No reply to my PM. Reel is sold now. Not sure who bought it but good deal. He's listed other reels and rods at decent prices but I'll pass...

2 hours passed before you pmed him, most likely someone messaged him before that. I dont post when I PM someone if i am trying to buy something. I didnt buy this reel, just pointing it out.

Reactions: KneppNasty
    Upvote 0

KneppNasty

Snappin’ necks & cashin’ checks....
    Sep 10, 2017
    Seal Beach, CA
    Name
    Jeramy
    Boat
    Trophy 2509
    Not even tripping, @Hector Garcia . Even a quick PM back saying it's sold is cool. Trying to replace my gear that was stolen 3 weeks ago and on a budget. I'll just stick to the known OG sellers...

Woah I didn’t mean to cause an issue or anything like that! Sounds like a simple misunderstanding is all....

Hector Garcia’s comment above is correct. In the 2 hours that went by since I first posted the reel someone else had already messaged me before you did, however, they didn’t comment anything on my post to notify everybody about it. (Happens quite regularly here on BD!)

On top of that, the other person before you offered my full asking price and wanted to pick it up on Monday.
    Your offer was next in line, however, you offered $105 for it shipped to you. Shipping surely would have cost me more than $5, so right out the gate I would consider your offer to be below asking.

Thirdly, the person before you wanted to come pick it on Monday. No deposit paid or money exchanged whatsoever. I’ve been doing this a good while and know from experience that the buyer could easily flake or back-out, nothing is for certain until $$ exchanges hands.....hence my reason for NOT marking it sold yet.

If that first person backed out for whatever reason I was going to move on down the list and offer it to others in the order I was contacted. (I was going to give YOU a chance secondly/next to come up to a full offer covering the reel and the actual shipping costs.)

I had a TON of people contacting me about the reel wanting to get in line, so I didn’t have an opportunity to go through and reply to every single one of them quite yet to give notification that a potential sale and pickup was pending, but they would be contacted if/when their turn in line to purchase it came up.....but I did plan to do so just as soon as I got a few minutes to sit down and deal with it.

I do have (3) other similar Avet reels for sale and you probably could have scored a killer deal on one of those in an effort to help you replenish your stolen gear, had you not just jumped to incorrect conclusions and tried to put me on blast like I intentionally ignored and screwed you over or something....

Upvote 0

kuyamonster

I only wishes to catch some fishes...
    May 14, 2009
    San Diego/Tacoma USA
    Name
    Marcel
    Boat
    Limited load cattle car
    Relax, @KneppNasty. Totally aware that : "Harassing sellers will not be tolerated", so I didn't bother to follow up. (Wouldn't do that anyway, I'm as easy as they come) A simple reply to my initial PM would have sufficed. If you think I put you "on blast" then I see the reasoning behind the novel. I'm sure you'll have no problem selling your other gear, it is well priced. Apologies if it rubbed you the wrong way, BD used to have thicker skins. (FYI, a padded USPS priority envelope is about $8.00 so my I feel my offer was fair) Hope your gear finds a new home and gets put to good use...

Upvote 0