Trebble hooker

working da pole
Jan 26, 2017
San Diego
Name
Robert
Boat
Trebble hooker
Last minute decision to hop on the Malihini today, couldn't resist with the extra super light load. capt. Bill gave us the option to either fish the islands or venture offshore, we opt to go offshore what a great decision. We hit up a couple of paddies which produced nothing, then we spotted some jumpers in the flat calm seas, Matt hooked it up with the chum line keeping the fish with the boat non stop action for a good 3 hours, fish was caught 99% of the time on flylined bait, fluorocarbon is a must, if you can pitch a bait at least 6' you WILL get bit, that school made the day, better take advantage of the light loads the Malihini has right now, thanks to capt. Bill, Kemo and Matt for putting us on the fish, we ended up with a good mixed bag of fish and a great time!

kbray001

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 18, 2009
South OC
Name
Kirk
Boat
Regal 24
Last minute decision to hop on the Malihini today, couldn't resist with the extra super light load. capt. Bill gave us the option to either fish the islands or venture offshore, we opt to go offshore what a great decision. We hit up a couple of paddies which produced nothing, then we spotted some jumpers in the flat calm seas, Matt hooked it up with the chum line keeping the fish with the boat non stop action for a good 3 hours, fish was caught 99% of the time on flylined bait, fluorocarbon is a must, if you can pitch a bait at least 6' you WILL get bit, that school made the day, better take advantage of the light loads the Malihini has right now, thanks to capt. Bill, Kemo and Matt for putting us on the fish, we ended up with a good mixed bag of fish and a great time!
Great write up. Glad to see the Mahilini getting it done.

Reactions: Trebble hooker

dannykl1957

Nov 20, 2011
woodland hills,ca
Name
daniel klein
Boat
none
To each their own but I would rather not fish for 10lb yft. The San Diego fleet kills too many small tuna,yt,and dorado. Guess the skippers and deckhands have to make a living. It's more than halfway past August,why aren't larger footballs moving uphill? Are they being wrapped before having a chance to get north?

Trebble hooker

working da pole
Jan 26, 2017
San Diego
Name
Robert
Boat
Trebble hooker
To each their own but I would rather not fish for 10lb yft. The San Diego fleet kills too many small tuna,yt,and dorado. Guess the skippers and deckhands have to make a living. It's more than halfway past August,why aren't larger footballs moving uphill? Are they being wrapped before having a chance to get north?
They were decent size one the biggest one was probably #20 I didn't have a scale on hand, that's probably why all the san diego fleets are all sold out week in and week out for people that want to catch #100 Tunas and dodo, better for me to get what's caught into my stomach than an orcas tummy before they reach Alaska.

Reactions: Geo-Fish

CD21

Oct 7, 2014
SD
Name
CD21
Boat
none
Dude that's exactly what I was thinking!!!!!! LMAO!!!!

Reactions: Geo-Fish

scott v

Sep 3, 2011
Rancho Santa Margarita
Name
Scott
Boat
Keep wishing
If you were actually trying to bring those fish on board in a timely fashion may want to check your drag settings. That would not go over so well on a half full boat. Nice job on landing some meat though.