Rubberhook2

Local Bluefin
Jan 19, 2007
San Clemente
Name
Tim
Boat
None
Diesel doughnuts...rye bread, sliced ham and swiss, cream cheese, wrap in HD foil and lay on engine manifold for heating on way to destination...

Reactions: jeffkaiser

KXKH

Almost A Member
  • Feb 28, 2018
    NorCal
    Name
    Boat
    19' Hobie
    I bring a small weber grill that runs on propane tank and cook whatever of your choice. Also something to heat up water for coffee, tea, soup. Some booze if fishing sucks. Beers of your choice as well. I prefer IPA and stouts.

Tom123

Jan 31, 2020
    LA
    Name
    Tom
    Boat
    None
    You referring to the plastic tub container? And using a fork? Been thinking about doing that for a long while. Lots of my friends make a small fruit type bowl and throw it in their bag. Just seems like I procrastinate to much and never make it the night before 😂

I use those round containers with pop on lids that you get with takeout. Ice cold refreshment on a hot summer afternoon. Well worth it.

I'm a boat ho so I gotta bring the goods. Along with helping with lines n fenders, I pay for gas, bring cleaning equipment, quarters for the wash down n good eats. Oh, and Heineken when we're hoopin'.

Last edited:

ror_sal

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"
    Nov 6, 2011
    San Diego
    Name
    Rory
    Boat
    fish and chicks
    I love a can of two of sardines and smoked oysters. Good protein. Can help with making bait in a pinch as well. I like to get snacks at Ranch 99. Those sesame nori deals are good. Lots of different options

natrollee

Sep 28, 2007
    SD
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    25 wellcraft
    Peanut butter and pickle sandwiches
    Love peanut butter, mayo and dill pickle sandwiches. Was my grandpa's fav.
    Although not good when soggy, Tuna ( I can with garlic and roast peppers or jalapeno) sandwiches get the sandwich nod most often. Fried chicken is always easy eating and great warm or cold!
    When conditions allow we BBQ.
    I also bring my jet boil to make hot sides to go with BBQ or Chicken. Or make fancy meals, like Pad Thai(my fav). Lots of different choices. MH, Backpacker Pantry, AlpineAire. BP Louisiana red beans and rice is really good with fresh caught grilled fish. Only takes 1.5 min to boil water and 15min in the bag.

Last edited:

jeffkaiser

Almost A Member
    Oct 14, 2005
    escondido, ca
    Name
    Drew Ann
    Boat
    Grady White Adventure 208
    Peanut Butter and Dill Pickles? Oh No, no, no...has to be sweet pickles! Had a friend who's Mom used to put mayo and lettuce on them. Actually not too bad!

mike82

Aug 19, 2013
    west coast
    Name
    mike
    Boat
    a fish killing center console
    Hey Guys,
    Just thought I'd see what everyone is packing along for grub when you're out dark to dark on a small boat.
    Looking for suggestions as I'm getting tired of sandwiches...??
    TIA.
    Jeff

wow, you got 4 pages of replies about what to take for food. pretty funny. people must be bored when they're not out fishing.

anyway... beer and vagina. maybe some water if i remember.

• Haha
    Reactions: jeffkaiser and DMcD

Phat Boat

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Apr 18, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Jon
    Boat
    Grady White Marlin 300
    Off shore usually Chicken. Islands I'll bring the magna and cook burgers or brauts. It's important to eat but sometimes it just don't happen with all that's going on.