Follow the sport boats?

Discussion in 'Fishing Chit Chat' started by cortezpirasea, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Carl

Carl Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again

Name:
    Carl
    Boat:
    everyone elses

Wrapping Bonito

Can't wrap what's not there.

2. bparker1225

bparker1225 Ocean Addiction

Name:
    Bill Parker
    Boat:
    21' 6" Cabo-Cabo Bill
    We counted 9 seiners coming in on Thursday. Yellowtail are everywhere at the Coronados.

3. Azarkon

Azarkon I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Joe
    Boat:
    N/A
    The US BFT quota has already been reached, and it's not legal to target yellowtail with purse seiners in California. The boats are either targeting YFT, bonito, or they're not from the US.

4. gecsr1

gecsr1 28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II"

Name:
    Gary
    Boat:
    28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II" / PlainJaneRods
    Thanks.....

5. knot keely

knot keely Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Dan
    Boat:
    None (yet)
    What's the commercial market for bonito? Cat food?

6. Gil Marlin

Gil Marlin World Peace? Visualize Using Your Turn Indicator

Name:
    Scott
    Boat:
    19.655' Aluminum

Jr. likes this.
  7. sealskinner

sealskinner Retired Pimp

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    Franks ho
    Hell yes, follow the sporties. Then when you get hungry, just pull up to the port side and order a cheeseburger and a beer. They love that.

8. gonzo25

gonzo25 GOT A BIG ONE

Name:
    george
    Boat:
    18' Invader CC 15' bayliner son of a beach
    good subject and one thing this board doesn't lack is exaggerated egos and bullshit. I have had the new sea forth pull up on me and anchor 20ft. away... i didn't need to pull up to them I could have yelled to order that burger. i have had other sporties do the same thing, not that close but certainly much closer than i would ever consider doing to them. the point being i don't feel i owe them any consideration they don't show me.
    not everyone can afford things like fishdope, but that doesn't make them any less of a person or less of a fisherman because they use the tools that are available to them. when i go on the water i have done my home work and know what i am looking for, but one of the best tools available are the sport boats. I have 2K in fish finding equipment and they have 20K, the skipper is on the water every day and talking to other skippers who are on the water every day. when i am offshore i have no problem following a sport boat to see what area he is headed for, I don't do this every time but I have and I will, or to see some stopped... that tells me there are fish in this area, and that is where it stops, i am off to find my own. Setting up in their chum line or bird dogging them like a hottie rollerblading in front of you with your nose pinned to their ass IS unacceptable, and why would you want to? they are putting a bunch of chum in the water along with 50 to 70 pieces of bait and you want to compete with that? you know there are fish in the area so find some for yourself. If you cant put more fish per rod on your boat than the sporties do then your hurtin and need to pay some more dues or you never will. I know I always look at those numbers to see how we did. There are a whole lot of people on this board that will do the same thing, use them as an available tool but not to set up on them... but will come on here and act like it is a mortal sin that they would never commit. So lets keep the egos in check and be real... or maybe you need to ask yourself how smart am i not to use this valuable resource? There is always a line not to cross... if someone is on a paddy with fish on it and they wave you in, do you refuse because YOU didn't find it first? Or if you see someone on a paddy and you don't ask, you just run up on it and set up on it... because you can. Do you get the point or has your ego gotten in the way of common sense?

Just my opinion, others will very, BUT opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and some of them stink, but they are untitled to it anyway. of course my asshole never stinks, because I am special.:rofl::rofl:

9. fishkilr

fishkilr on the water

Name:
    alby
    Boat:
    Indian/Aahi/Inseine
    What the?!

10. gonzo25

gonzo25 GOT A BIG ONE

Name:
    george
    Boat:
    comment was based on thread title and the over all view of following the sport boat. not directed at anyone, just an opinion and i am sure a lot of people are reading this thread because of the title but didn't reply because it wasn't really about following the sport boats.

cortezpirasea likes this.
  11. Randy V

Randy V Slamma Jamma

Name:
    Randy
    Boat:
    30' Kona Star
    This!

Anything else is just going for a ride!

12. Randy V

Randy V Slamma Jamma

Name:
    Randy
    Boat:
    30' Kona Star
    Paragraphs - use them!

LOL

13. gonzo25

gonzo25 GOT A BIG ONE

Name:
    george
    Boat:
    So, grammar police, what's your line on taking things out of context?

For me the fun of fishing is catching fish, and you catch fish when you locate your own fish. You know, locating spots doesn't mean you located fish on them. I guess if you don't catch any fish it is just going for a ride. Come on dude aren't you going to give him some shit? of course that statement takes on a whole different look when added to the rest of his thread, rather than by itself when the subject is finding tuna... which are constantly on the move

Take it easy Randy I just had to give you some shit after picking on my post... are you an English teacher? how was my spelling?

Okay, how is this for a good bullshit story? I leave all that out so the post won't look so long.
    :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:yep this is what happens when you put something in, in a different format than html. Of course it looks fine on my screen, until you open the page again. The first time I did that I thought what the fuck? Took me a bit to figure that one out... hey this time it still had the periods, i don't think it did then but it was a long time ago. i haven't posted anything on here in a long time. But it is a fact that i had to make no effort to get B's in any of my classes, but had to work like hell just to pass English. So can you tell me how to figure the hypotenuse of a right triangle? and if i give you the radius can you tell me the circumference.
    I told my business professor that i was terrible in English, he said don't worry about it, that's what secretaries are for.

jer dog and cortezpirasea like this.
  14. cortezpirasea

cortezpirasea Pangero

Name:
    Russell
    Boat:
    21 ft panga Sea Moan/17 ft gregor Pirasea II
    Very well put sir. And the opening line is priceless and right on target... "exaggerated egos and bullshit"

15. Lundalakan

Lundalakan Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Lou
    Boat:
    Lund alaskan
    The vast majority of private boaters don't crowd the sporties just as the majority of sporties don't drop anchor next to private boaters. But it happens ,both sides need to give respect to get respect. Until that happens nothing changes. No one owns the ocean but some think they do wether they were there 1st or make a living at it.

16. cortezpirasea

cortezpirasea Pangero

Name:
    Russell
    Boat:
    21 ft panga Sea Moan/17 ft gregor Pirasea II
    Yeah... But they always ask me for my bag number!?o_O