Bold #7

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 23, 2009
ontario ca
Name
dave
Boat
parker
7/17 foamers everywhere a little away from them hoards at the 371, but good size yellowfin and bluefin there too on sinker rigs. Back to the foamers. We ran across multiple schools of good size BFT 40 plus lbs and get them crashing 10 ft from the boat. I'm driving and my buddy hooks one
and the pack is still close. That's when the Pegasus comes full blast at the school and stops absolutely on top of them maybe 30 ft from us and it is clear we have a bent rod. F'n idiot Captain. When I yell at him what the f'k are you doing you idiot I get the finger. Small 1/2 day boat Captains must have small dicks and smaller brains.
We got 3 BFT and 2 YFT all fat, mean and nasty. We had a few casulties and I lost something large that I couldn't stop on a free swimming dine. Could have got more but I felt sorry for my bud who eventually cleaned them. Afternoon bite.

rock&reel

Well-Known "Member"
Jun 26, 2007
Downey
Name
Dale
Boat
Proline
I was on the Bold 7 with my buddy. Great fishing and great weather. We have always given the cattle boats there space and expected the same. Apparently the captain of the Pegasus still has a lot to learn. I saw there counts from yesterday. They sucked. Shows you what kind of captain he is with the fishing so good

Reactions: mandoman68

Bold #7

Jun 23, 2009
ontario ca
Name
dave
Boat
parker
The real interesting fact was he did not pull up to the foamers he pulled right in the middle of where they were. Who does that? There were a another couple interesting guys who came up at full speed but at least they stopped short, they had a double hookup.

Reactions: Bradyxxx

dickey

Jun 8, 2010
San Diego
Name
Rich
Boat
Lopez 9'
That sucks that the pegasus did that. We could all stand to be more polite on the water. We were near the Producer and guys in these small parker style boats would pull within casting distance. Back in the day deckhands would chuck an iron at you for that.

watersdeep

Jan 19, 2016
LB
Name
Jed Venture
Boat
the twisted ducker
That sucks that the pegasus did that. We could all stand to be more polite on the water. We were near the Producer and guys in these small parker style boats would pull within casting distance. Back in the day deckhands would chuck an iron at you for that.
One word, JUDGE JUDY!!!

DHSDave

Jan 17, 2007
San Diego
Name
Dave
Boat
Grady-White 208 Adventure
There were all over the Coronado canyon yesterday, boats everywhere running over foamers and putting them down. We only managed to get a few casts in with no hookups. Had there been no boat pressure , it would have been epic.

Kirk951

May 20, 2016
Canyon Lake
Name
Kirk Lessley
Boat
Grady White 272 Sailfish
There were all over the Coronado canyon yesterday, boats everywhere running over foamers and putting them down. We only managed to get a few casts in with no hookups. Had there been no boat pressure , it would have been epic.
I was there .. what a shit show. Hooked a 70lb bluefin on a popper and lost it at the boat. I wonder how many boats had their FMM's and braclets.

• Wow
Reactions: DHSDave

chachi10

Aug 28, 2018
San Diego
Name
Chachi
Boat
None
Apparently the captain of the Pegasus still has a lot to learn. I saw there counts from yesterday. They sucked. Shows you what kind of captain he is with the fishing so good
Jason has accounted for the biggest tuna caught this year out of SD. Long range or not. Every single captain will have a bad day at some point but the pegasus more often than not doesn't have a bad day. I've had limits of tuna every 1.5 and 2.5 I've done on that boat and caught my 2 biggest bluefin on that boat

Reactions: richardblufin

RuckTard

Jul 27, 2014
Name
chad
Boat
6'2" surfboard
Jason has accounted for the biggest tuna caught this year out of SD. Long range or not. Every single captain will have a bad day at some point but the pegasus more often than not doesn't have a bad day. I've had limits of tuna every 1.5 and 2.5 I've done on that boat and caught my 2 biggest bluefin on that boat

I think you missed the point...

Reactions: plj46

Bold #7

Jun 23, 2009
ontario ca
Name
dave
Boat
parker
What Jason did (if indeed he was that day's Captain) was insanely stupid, inconsiderate, and cannot be justified by any means Chaci10. Unless of course you were the deckhand who flipped us off. It is not possible even you could condone flying in at warp speed on top of the boil so that the guys on the stern could throw out a live sardine.

Jan 7, 2020
San Diego
Name
DTS
Boat
Boatless
We had that happen a few years back. My buddy and I worked hard in ruff seas to finally find a biting kelp. We put about 4 nice yellows on the deck along with a decent dorado. I was hooked up to a YFT when the Chabasco came hauling ass up to the kelp we were down wind of it when they Positioned between us and the kelp Literally blocking us off. I quickly killed my fish my buddy driving his boat made it a point to do a donut in there chum line as we drove off. They didn’t manage to poach not one fish off that stop. As we were driving off I dropped back the trollers and we got an instant double on yft. Flipping that captain the bird as they drove off in search.

chachi10

Aug 28, 2018
San Diego
Name
Chachi
Boat
None
What Jason did (if indeed he was that day's Captain) was insanely stupid, inconsiderate, and cannot be justified by any means Chaci10. Unless of course you were the deckhand who flipped us off. It is not possible even you could condone flying in at warp speed on top of the boil so that the guys on the stern could throw out a live sardine.
Notice how I didn't comment on any of that? I Wasn't there so I can't speak to it. I just replied to the 🤡 questioning his fishing ability/knowledge.

I'd be pissed at any boat that did what you described Though I wonder how you managed to land a fish when a sporty with 18+ anglers dropped lines within '30ft'. Seems like a definite clusterfuck of lines that close so I have my doubts. 30 ft is 10yards, and I can hock a loogie 10 yards.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: onehottip

Chainsaw1

Jan 19, 2008
Santa Ana
Name
Tim
Boat
None
Doesn't sound like the Charter boat I've ridden for the last 29 years. Jason and the Pegasus are known for integrity and he is calm and good natured. He calls people in on bites not blast up on kelp paddies.
Sure wish you had a video of the event because I know Jason but I don't know you.

Bold #7

Jun 23, 2009
ontario ca
Name
dave
Boat
parker
Not a kelp patty, it was a raging foamer. Had anyone of the anglers from the Pegasus
hooked up there would have been trouble. His "entrance" pushed my buddies fish straight down, so we got lucky. Lastly I don't give a rats ass if you believe me or not.
It happened and maybe Jason did not Captain that day.

chachi10

Aug 28, 2018
San Diego
Name
Chachi
Boat
None
Were you unable to make that 30 ft cast to the middle of the raging foamer to hang another? Why settle for just one? Sounds like it could have been an epic bite to only settle for one hanging. Not often do those raging foamers stay 30 ft from the boat.

If I had to guess, he probably saw the school move out of casting range for you and since you were hanging one, you weren't chasing it back down. He drove them down, you got understandably pissed and took it to bd instead of the landing like a man

Last edited:

Bold #7

Jun 23, 2009
ontario ca
Name
dave
Boat
parker
Cachi10
My buddy is on a good fish and there is only us two and I am going to throw out and risk losing his fish? Some guys are like that and some are unselfish thinking of their
friends. We know which group you fall into.
AND just before the Pegasus entered the picture the fish were just a few feet from the my boat.

Reactions: makairaa

chachi10

Aug 28, 2018
San Diego
Name
Chachi
Boat
None
So you guys said a Sportboat captain has a lot to learn yet you guys can't even manage 2 lines in the water.

Classic

Bold #7

Jun 23, 2009
ontario ca
Name
dave
Boat
parker
Chachi
Still dating Richie Cunningham's little sister not to mention losing out on Pamela Sue.

chachi10

Aug 28, 2018
San Diego
Name
Chachi
Boat
None
Bold 7, passing up Pamela sue to sit in the corner and watch his buddy hook up with Richies sister