FMM Permit Info

pastdue

May 18, 2006
Mira Mesa
Name
Don Cale
Boat
18.5 Larsen cc Pastdue
The photo that MYNomad posted is where we went. Unfortunately the guy we delt with was adamant about checking the "land" box. We also had to walk around the corner (40' +/-) to pay with dollars.
They will not do By Sea they said use internet only to get By Sea3-24-14

pastdue

May 18, 2006
Mira Mesa
Name
Don Cale
Boat
18.5 Larsen cc Pastdue
For FMM
Go to www.inm.gob.mx
Click English top right hand of page
Scroll down and click the Marlin Icon that say "sportfishing and nautical tourism
Instructions for a three part process:
1. Captain or boat operator pays for all passengers FMM and prints out receipt
2. Fill out manifest on excel template -need passengers info on passport
3. email a scanned copy of receipt and excel manifest to [email protected]

Bring a copy of the manifest and the receipt with you when you fish!

pastdue

May 18, 2006
Mira Mesa
Name
Don Cale
Boat
18.5 Larsen cc Pastdue
Internet is the only way to get Fmm I was just at Otay and San Ysidro they stopped giving them out at the INM office 3-24-14

pastdue

May 18, 2006
Mira Mesa
Name
Don Cale
Boat
18.5 Larsen cc Pastdue

MikeyLikesIt

did you say F I S H I N G ???
Feb 24, 2003
East-a-La-Mesa, baby!
Name
starts with an "M".....
Boat
#1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
talked to fcc"8774803201" direct line. they emailed me the info. you need a ships station and a recreational radiotelephone permit filled out online within 24hrs. granted and mailed through regular mail.
x2
very helpful and pleasant on the phone....knew exactly what we need.

30 min. (and $160) later, I guess I am legal. (once the app is approved).

pastdue

May 18, 2006
Mira Mesa
Name
Don Cale
Boat
18.5 Larsen cc Pastdue
Just across the boarder (San Ysidro) you can get it in 10 minutes for about $25.
As of 3-24-14 Boarders Otay and SanYsidro will not sell Fmm for our fishing.Follow MYNomad post and use all capslock press English also upper right

rjoe

Aug 24, 2008
elcajon ca. usa
Name
Rod R
Boat
Pro Line 25 Walk
It started out as an internet process but they didn't mail the physical document. The mex navy required you to have an actual FMM on your person, receipt was not enough. So, HAS ANYONE RECEIVED A FMM FROM THEM?

Ali

Master of Nothing
Admin
Apr 24, 2003
San Diego
Name
That Guy
Boat
31' Innovator
It started out as an internet process but they didn't mail the physical document. The mex navy required you to have an actual FMM on your person, receipt was not enough. So, HAS ANYONE RECEIVED A FMM FROM THEM?

All you need is the print out and manifest. There is nothing mailed to you.

MikeyLikesIt

did you say F I S H I N G ???
Feb 24, 2003
East-a-La-Mesa, baby!
Name
starts with an "M".....
Boat
#1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
Ali, if ya dont mind, what is the correct entry for column C, "Dealership or Maritime agency" ??

It is one of the mandatory entries... I just put "privately owned", but don't want to get kicked out on a technicality.

thanks!

Sherm

aka: The Sherminator
May 16, 2006
San Diego
Name
Scott
Boat
Yak
Let's be clear about the long term visas. They can be purchased for up to (I think) 180 days but that is for 180 days in Mexico. It is not for multiple entries into Mexico. I recently met with the commissioner of immigration in Mexico city. Mayor Kevin Faulconer and the Lieutenant Govenor Gavin Newsom were with me. We were promised by the commissioner that there would be a multiple entry visa in place within the next two to three months. This would be a big win for the fishing community and tourists as a whole. A visa that is good for multiple entries would solve most of our problems.

From that meeting I went and spoke in front of the Mexican senate about multiple entry visas and the good will that would cause between the U.S.and Mexico and promote better relations. The speech was well received and I am very confidant that we will have this visa issue solved very soon.

junkyardEd

Special Baiter Wizard
Nov 27, 2008
San Diego
Name
Ed
Boat
SOLD
Let's be clear about the long term visas. They can be purchased for up to (I think) 180 days but that is for 180 days in Mexico. It is not for multiple entries into Mexico. I recently met with the commissioner of immigration in Mexico city. Mayor Kevin Faulconer and the Lieutenant Govenor Gavin Newsom were with me. We were promised by the commissioner that there would be a multiple entry visa in place within the next two to three months. This would be a big win for the fishing community and tourists as a whole. A visa that is good for multiple entries would solve most of our problems.

From that meeting I went and spoke in front of the Mexican senate about multiple entry visas and the good will that would cause between the U.S.and Mexico and promote better relations. The speech was well received and I am very confidant that we will have this visa issue solved very soon.
Thanks for the update, I appreciate Your efforts and thanks for all You do.

Sherm

aka: The Sherminator
May 16, 2006
San Diego
Name
Scott
Boat
Yak
One of the main reasons I applied for this job was to give us a voice. It's my honor to represent.

LTBOLTMAN

Team Tail Chasers
Oct 15, 2006
San Diego
Name
Leoman
Boat
Davis Bahia 25 Pilot House
"DMV to Open New San Jose Office for Undocumented Immigrants Seeking Driver's Licenses..."
something is seriously wrong here...

I think its time we all boat up and make a protest floatilla sail around the coronados and san diego bay...
What do you think would cause a change to the current policies of access to fishing areas in Mexican waters?

MYNomad

Heading South
Dec 12, 2007
Pacific Northwest / West Coast Mexico
Name
Rick
Boat
Yes
"DMV to Open New San Jose Office for Undocumented Immigrants Seeking Driver's Licenses..."
something is seriously wrong here...

I think its time we all boat up and make a protest floatilla sail around the coronados and san diego bay...
What do you think would cause a change to the current policies of access to fishing areas in Mexican waters?

I am sure you are joking, but everyone should be aware that Americans have no right to protest in Mexico -- it is a criminal offense under their law and may well get you arrested. Similar to its very restrictive gun laws, freedom of speech is tightly controlled as a means to prevent revolution.

LTBOLTMAN

Team Tail Chasers
Oct 15, 2006
San Diego
Name
Leoman
Boat
Davis Bahia 25 Pilot House
I am sure you are joking, but everyone should be aware that Americans have no right to protest in Mexico -- it is a criminal offense under their law and may well get you arrested. Similar to its very restrictive gun laws, freedom of speech is tightly controlled as a means to prevent revolution.
actually I'm not...how about parking the boats in front of the mexican consulate; I see a great desparity as to how access is given to certain groups and restricted from others...when the U.S. ever talks about tightening up border security the Mexican Govt. has a shit fit...nothing is going to happen until some negative effect is felt by someone who is in a position to make changes...I appreciate Councilman Sherman bringing the issue up, but at this point I'm unconvinced anything is going to change anytime soon - hope I'm wrong...what are your suggestions?