FMM Permit Info

Discussion in 'Fishing Chit Chat' started by Jason, Jan 19, 2014.

1. hardrider5

hardrider5 Master

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    Parker 2520
    I got an email back within 2 days saying everything is good to go. As I understand you just need the receipt and manifest onboard.

Kirk951 likes this.
  2. hardrider5

hardrider5 Master

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    Parker 2520
    Got my TIP today. Only 3 days after paying.

3. Bajafishing

Bajafishing Newbie

Name:
    Andrew Baja
    Boat:
    proline
    What is Sea record number required on the Manifest? Is it a generated number? Please find the sample in the attachment. This is my first time to apply FMM, I plan fishing around Coronado island this Sunday.

Sea record number.jpg

4. Kirk951

Kirk951 Member

Name:
    Kirk Lessley
    Boat:
    Grady White 272 Sailfish
    Leave blank

5. Bajafishing

Bajafishing Newbie

Name:
    Andrew Baja
    Boat:
    proline

Thank you very much

6. AlbieNut

AlbieNut Member

Name:
    Frank
    Boat:
    Century 2300 CC
    This is certainly conflicting. I called Discover Baja Travel (800-727-2252) and they indicated the TIP is indeed needed even if you go down to the Coronado's for a day or any where within the 12 miles zone. Getting the TIP is fine with me. What I did come across while going thru the process was the bank requires 4 scanned PDF documents. These are Passport, Vessel Registration, Legal Letter, and Official Identification. The first two are obvious. The Legal Letter for boat owners (not Legal Entity) is just a written statement that you are the owner of the boat and signed. The Official Identification is the FMM. So, I will need to get the TIP on the next trip I get an FMM and will need to time it correctly so the TIP arrives the day stated in the FMM.

7. gecsr1

gecsr1 28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II"

Name:
    Gary
    Boat:
    28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II" / PlainJaneRods

Yup that’s the other problem with Mexico and their rules and regulation..
    one hand don’t know what the other hand is doing... plus you need vhf opelrators license and a license for the vhf... technically speaking .....

8. MYNomad

MYNomad Heading South

Name:
    Rick
    Boat:
    Yes
    I believe it is correct. The purpose of a TIP is to make sure that citizens, and other residents, pay the import tax, which is HUGE. If the import tax were imposed on one-time visitors, no one would ever visit, so they need a way to make sure visitors can avoid the tax. But if visitors can bring boats, etc., in without tax, then everyone would pay a visitor to bring their boat in and save a bunch of money. Their solution is to look for boats (etc.) without unattached non-citizens. If a non-citizen is found on the water in a non-taxed boat, no real concern that it is a subterfuge (at least not yet). Instead, they focus on boats that are moored without a non-citizen owner present. Those need a TIP. Thus, the requirement that anyone who might be leaving a boat in Mexico needs a TIP, and marinas can't pass a visiting vessel through quarantine without all the paperwork, including a TIP. The only time I have been asked for a TIP is when trying to get a slip. Never at sea.

9. MYNomad

MYNomad Heading South

Name:
    Rick
    Boat:
    Yes