dave stark

Almost A Member
Nov 2, 2007
alpine,ca
Name
dave
Boat
30' Grady White Marlin
Has anyone on BD flown from Tijuana to Cabo on Volaris lately?
I am wondering if there is any problem bringing rods/reels, and a cooler?
Thanks!!

Upvote 0

doncatfish

Dec 21, 2006
San Clemente
Name
Don
Boat
30' Albemarle
I've flown there a few times. In October security wouldn't allow reels with line through, had to go back and check them in at the luggage counter. All arrived fine, but you may wish to just check them in to begin with and avoid the hassle of doing it later which is what I did in March.

Reactions: Dogman619

marvista man

Sep 16, 2004
Rancho Santa Margarita
Name
Steve
Boat
Pursuit 2350 W/A, Phoenix 32 Tournament
We just flew down last Friday, all in all no problems but I had my reels in my checked bag and I had to pay for oversized luggage for my rod tube. Also, CBX was packed and we had to park in the gravel lot. If you are bringing oversized luggage (rod tubes) don't get in the line to check bags outside of CBX. After we got half way through the line they pulled us out and told us we had to take our bags across ourselves and check in in the Tijuana airport ticketing. Save the time and just take your stuff across.

I hate seals

Advertiser
Advertiser
Aug 24, 2004
SD
Name
Bryan Z
Boat
36' Hatteras
Keep in mind if you walk across and check your bags in and check in at the counter in Mexico it will add time to your trip. They are super slow at best. Plan for that.

If the parking lots are full or close to it when you arrive, there is an option for Valet on the left when you approach the terminal. Might save some time.

Upvote 0

Swimmer Jim

Oct 18, 2007
east county san diego
Name
calico #2
Boat
Aquasport
Have used CBX several times but last time about 1 1/2 years ago.
Normally travel with boys but this time with wife's. Would like it to be easy on them!
Keep seeing different comments about what to do about check-in.
We do not have any rods or special equipment so what is required now to board our flights? We will have boarding passes, CBX passes, etc.
Questions about parking lot options, tent to check-in bags on U.S. side, blue wrapping of bags, and/or any other suggestions to just keep it simple at airport.
Thanks for any advise.

Upvote 0

smokinwater

"Fire's Out!"
Apr 27, 2011
Chula Vista, CA
Name
Jon
Boat
won't b mine
Re: blue wrapping of check-in baggage, NOT necessary OR mandatory. It can give you peace of mind if you are, for ex. putting reels/terminal tackle or other items of value in check-in, things you cannot carry-on. It is offered very near the Volaris counter at TJ airport for a cost of $300/bag- that is "pesos". Additionally, I use this service coming back on my ice(less) chest of fish fillets. In the CBX, there are airport luggage carts available free-of-charge to enable you to bring your bags across to the terminal, as well as in TJ terminal baggage claim area when you are returning. To be very specific, EVERY person working both sides- CBX and TJ terminal- have 100% been very helpful and very courteous in my crossings and travels. Don't hesitate to ask someone for guidance or assistance.

One other point from me: it has amazed me how many CBX round-trip tickets I see as I have walked over the bridge. People are a bit rushed- my guess- and fail to put their paperwork away as they go from point to point. Take your time, insure you put you paperwork securely away, and if you can, try to have your boarding pass and CBX sent to your cell phone to minimize potential for losing them. If you do end up losing you CBX paperwork, don't fret. The personal in TJ airport will still be able to assist you to electronically find your return voucher.

I realize all this may not be info you may need, but just clearing the air for general info for others as well.

Upvote 0

Swimmer Jim

Oct 18, 2007
east county san diego
Name
calico #2
Boat
Aquasport
Thank you very much. I'm sure others will appreciate the info.
Is there more than one parking option now?
I remember seeing parking farther away from main terminal last time but I just opted for the convivence and higher price to be nearer to terminal.
A post talked about a dirt lot but not sure if additional parking is available and is it cheaper then the up close lot?
Thanks again.

Upvote 0