Flushing A Yamaha Wave Runner

Discussion in 'Jet Ski Anglers Forum' started by Pescador Paul, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Pescador Paul

Pescador Paul Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Paul
    Boat:
    Sold the Pursuit- Only a kayak and Wave Runner now
    I hooked up my new (to me) Waverunner to flush the engine today. As per the manual and youtube videos, I started the engine, then turned the water on under low pressure. I could see water coming out of the jet in the craft's stern, but no water coming out of the pee hole on the port side of the watercraft. The ski was on its trailer with the bow slightly higher than the stern. I ran it for a short time, turned off the water, and then the engine.

Am I doing something wrong? Should I see water coming out of the pee hole?

Paul

2. Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil Fishin Magician

Name:
    Phil, Fishin
    Boat:
    2016 Yamaha VX Cruiser
    Hi Paul,
    I have the VX Cruiser and i turn my hose bib on more than low pressure. See how many turns it takes to go from water starting to come out to full blast. Settle for the middle of those two, to start and see if you get water out of the side hole. If not turn it up a little more until you do. I get water coming out of the side hole when I flush my engine. As long as you turn the water on after the engine starts and turn it off before you shut your engine off. I also use CRC salt inhibitor with my mix bottle. I bought these from amazon. I let my engine run after the water is turned off and I bring it up to 1.5 rpms for 30 to 45 seconds. This will help get water out. I also run sea foam gas additive every time I fill up my tank. it will prevent the sticky gum build up and keep the moisture out. My ski is in storage for three months and it kicks right over when I start it. I get mine at wally mart auto dept.. I also run Sea foam in every third tank in my car. Interesting fact; do not check your engine oil when the engine is cold. You will not get a reading on the dip stick and end up over filling your oil. Your engine needs to come up to normal operating temperature before you can shut off the engine and check it.