mike garrahan

TheSabreGuy
Sep 7, 2007
la habra hts
Name
mike garrahan
Boat
23 ft. crestliner
I have a bunch of the flatfall style jigs that I'm going to sell cheap. I have 100g, 125g and 160g. $5 each while they last. At these prices I can't ship. Must be picked up in the Whittier area. Send me a PM if you need more info.

UPDATE: This is and old post that someone dug up. All of the smaller jigs were sold a long time ago but right now I do have some of the larger glow in the dark jigs. I have some extra 340g and 500g superglow flatfalls that I can sell. The 340g are 3 for $25 and the 500g are 2 for $25 or you can get one of each for $20 while they last. They come without hooks so you can rig them any way you want. I also have a few of the regular glow 200g and 250g that you can have for $5 each. I will be at the fishing tackle swapmeet at Sunset Aquatic Marina this Sat May 4th and also at the Swapmeet at the Carson Civic Center on Sun May 5th.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Danny Dinh

Jul 14, 2015
Name
dannydinh
Boat
Boston Whaler
I have a bunch of the flatfall style jigs that I'm going to sell cheap. I have 100g, 125g, 160g and 200g. I have mostly the blue sardine color because that was what was working best last year but I also have some of the pink and blue and some of the yellow. If you buy the 100g or 125g in boxes of 10 you can have them for $4 each. At these prices I can't ship. Must be picked up in the Whittier area. Send me a PM if you need more info.

I would like a box of 125g, a few 100g and 200g. Please text me 714-757-8123.

Thanks .
Danny

Upvote 0

mike garrahan

TheSabreGuy
Sep 7, 2007
la habra hts
Name
mike garrahan
Boat
23 ft. crestliner
No they are not the Shimano jigs. The Shimano jigs sell for $14.99. These are the same shape and colors and work the same way. Most of the 200g jigs are gone. I still have a lot of the 100g, 125g in blue sardine and the 160g in blue sardine and pink and blue.

Upvote 0
Mar 17, 2007
Redlands, CA
Name
Doug
Boat
water wings
Just picked up a bunch of Mike's knock-off flat falls. He's a super-nice guy and is selling these flat fall type jigs for a GREAT PRICE!!! These jigs are the spitting image of the Shimano Flat Fall jigs-- they look like they have been cast in the same exact jig mold! Only difference that I can see is that the glued-on eyes are a bit less fancy than the Shimano brand. The hooks and kevlar line connecting them to the jig itself look to be similar quality as well. I cant comment on the paint job durability in comparison to the Shimano product, but we all know that the paint is only good for 3-5 fish on the Shimano. Cosmetics look to be the same. I dont think that you'll find a better price for this jig anywhere!!
Free "bump" for a stand up guy and an excellent product at an even more outstanding price!!

Upvote 0

oicu812

Almost A Member
Sep 4, 2015
San Dimas
Name
James
Boat
None
At these prices, you could get 3-5 of these jigs for the price of a Shimano. Why bother with the overpriced Shimanos?

Upvote 0

tanner.s

Fish Slaughterer
Oct 18, 2012
San Diego
Name
Tanner
Boat
1997 Proline 23 W/A
At these prices, you could get 3-5 of these jigs for the price of a Shimano. Why bother with the overpriced Shimanos?
Why bother with any Shimano lure... People act like they created these styles of lures. The flat fall and colt sniper are just copies of jigs being used all over the world for more money!

Upvote 0

tanner.s

Fish Slaughterer
Oct 18, 2012
San Diego
Name
Tanner
Boat
1997 Proline 23 W/A
We're not talking about other lures. You ask the question "why bother with Shimano" and I answered your question. Lol.
We are specifically talking about other lures, where have you been? You claimed the reason to use Shimano over other brands are that they are proven. However, other brands are even more proven. Therefore, your point falls apart.

I'll give you the basic reason: Shimano is familiar and widely used in SoCal, thus, no one dares to venture outside of it even though the other reasonably priced lures work equally well.

Upvote 0

fishjunkie1

Jan 22, 2012
California
Name
Fishjunkie1
Boat
Any
We are specifically talking about other lures, where have you been? You claimed the reason to use Shimano over other brands are that they are proven. However, other brands are even more proven. Therefore, your point falls apart.

I'll give you the basic reason: Shimano is familiar and widely used in SoCal, thus, no one dares to venture outside of it even though the other reasonably priced lures work equally well.

You`re the only one talking about other lures bud. It wasn't even mentioned until you brought it up. You really are reaching. Lol. So, since you didn't get it the first time I'll say it one last time. Maybe you have enough intelligence to get it this time around. Maybe.

Again, you asked the specific question about Shimano. I answered. You didn't like my answer and now you're butt hurt. You don't have to believe me. Simply reread your own post. Nuff said.

Last edited:
Reactions: j4trout
Upvote 0

tanner.s

Fish Slaughterer
Oct 18, 2012
San Diego
Name
Tanner
Boat
1997 Proline 23 W/A
You`re the only one talking about other lures bud. It wasn't even mentioned until you brought it up. You really are reaching. Lol. So, since you didn't get it the first time I'll say it one last time. Maybe you have enough intelligence to get it this time around. Maybe.

Again, you asked the specific question about Shimano. I answered. You didn't like my answer and now you're butt hurt. You don't have to believe me. Simply reread your own post. Nuff said.
It is unbelievable that you don't see how other lures ties into this conversation. In fact, this entire thread is about a different lure. "Reaching"? No. Can't have an intelligent conversation with someone who discards all of my valid points as "off topic" when they are the topic. Maybe you are confused. How sad.

✌ Not worth the time.

Upvote 0

mike garrahan

TheSabreGuy
Sep 7, 2007
la habra hts
Name
mike garrahan
Boat
23 ft. crestliner
I still have about 100 jigs left. I have 100g, 125g and 160g in blue sardine and a few 160g in pink and blue. You can have any of the remaining jigs for $4 each . Pick up only in the Whittier area.

Upvote 0

mike garrahan

TheSabreGuy
Sep 7, 2007
la habra hts
Name
mike garrahan
Boat
23 ft. crestliner
I'm still around and I still have a bunch of flatfalls. I just haven't been posting them for sale because every time I do they all get bought up and there are none left for the guys I fish with and they get pissed at me. All of the 125g and 160g are long gone. What I have now are the heavy glow in the dark flatfalls because that is what has been working best for the big blufin. I have 200g and 250g that I have been selling for $6 each or 4 for $20. I have the superglows in 340g and the big 500g superglows. I have been selling the 340g for $9 each or 3 for $25. I have been selling the 500g 2 for $25. I sold some at the fishing tackle swapmeet yesterday at 22nd St landing and a lot of the guys just wanted one 340g and one 500g so I was selling a pair for $20.
The 340g and 500g come without hooks so you can rig them any way you want. I am going to sell some stuff at the fishing tackle swapmeet at Sunset Aquatic Marina next Saturday May 4th and also the one at the Carson Civic Center on Sunday May 5th. I have maybe 40 or 50 of the 340g and maybe 25 or 30 of the 500g that I can sell and I will bring all of them to the swapmeet.

Upvote 0