Wade K in deep

IFish4Sanity&SelectivelyHarvest
  • Sep 24, 2019
    Mariposa, CA
    Name
    Wade Knupp
    Boat
    Kayak & Kickboat
    I could use suggestions on Flat falls for BFT. I have a generic 200 Gr in blue/silver/pink (Katy Perry?)that I have a lot of confidence in due to all the success I have had on Lings with it. Most of my other stuff is on the small side. I'm thinking 5-10 jigs from 150-350gr should cover me. It's not like I will be donating them to the bottom. I plan on bridling them to Mutu's and Super Mutu's, which I can also use for free lining and rubber-band sinker rigs. I'm thinking ~10' of 200# Flouro leader to 10/0 for night time? Maybe 15' of 60# to 2/0-5/0 for day time?

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Bchbum54

Oct 27, 2008
    City of Orange
    Name
    Bayron
    Boat
    I Wish I had 1
    Second the Katty Perry glow in 250-350g

Pink and glow in 250-350g.

In the trips I've been in the narrower flat falls (SK or Wingfall style) have been getting most of the bites. Seems like most stops 2 or 3 tuna bite and that's usually it until the next stop. That being said the jigs that get down first tend to get bit most. Just my observation

Upvote 0

2Rotten

Live in Oregon/Love to Fish San Diego!
    Jan 10, 2010
    Junction City OR
    Name
    Rod Lathrop
    Boat
    24' North River Seahawk Hardtop "Sun Dog"
    I used 15' of 100# Okuma Fluoro-stretch leader on my last trip, felt just right. Fluoro-stretch has excellent knot strength, and the stretch helps when fishing 40# of drag on my 7'6" UC Viper.

Upvote 0