Five Star

Dexter Outdoors
May 26, 2012
Long Beach Ca
Name
Steve
Boat
Still waiting for it
I was just wondering if anyone has used them since they went under new ownership. And what were the prices and what type of service you got.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

alan760

Dec 7, 2003
Encinitas, CA
Name
Alan
Boat
American Angler
I got off a trip in early Jan and Sarah and Rocio were there. Service was still great. Looked like the whole gang was still there so not sure when the official transition takes place. Price was 0.85/lb.

Upvote 0

FishRock

Still trying to figure it all out
Mar 27, 2013
Alaska
Name
JAM
Boat
Thunnus - 22' Koffler BayBee (1990)
Used them last Wednesday (Feb. 8th). Looks like most of the staff is still around but I believe that Sarah is now out of the day to day picture. One of the new owners was helping to receive fish and filled out my paperwork. They were just as accommodating as always but seemed a little stressed since everyone is still figuring out their new duties.

Upvote 0

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
Used them last Wednesday (Feb. 8th). Looks like most of the staff is still around but I believe that Sarah is now out of the day to day picture. One of the new owners was helping to receive fish and filled out my paperwork. They were just as accommodating as always but seemed a little stressed since everyone is still figuring out their new duties.
I don't think Sarah is all done. She's just now finished up a well deserved vacation. Should be back in San Diego by now.

Upvote 0

FishRock

Mar 27, 2013
Alaska
Name
JAM
Boat
Quite likely that Sarah is still involved but Marco was pretty much running the show last week. Even the new owner was relying on him to answer questions and double check his work.

Upvote 0

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
Quite likely that Sarah is still involved but Marco was pretty much running the show last week. Even the new owner was relying on him to answer questions and double check his work.

Absolutely. Just got off the phone with Sarah. She's relaxed and refreshed from her vacation, Rocio went with her, too. She missed one trip, the return of an American Angler 14 day. Other than that, she's still very much involved with the business. Drew Card of Pacific Queen has been very involved recently, hands on, working very hard.
She'll be there as long as she's needed and would not leave unless she felt certain all of us will be cared for in the best tradition we've come to know at Five Star.

Go fish, catch 'em up! :)

Upvote 0

DC61

Dec 28, 2011
Dana Point
Name
Paul L.
Boat
33’ Blackfin
She is processing my fish from the Intrepid that returned this morning. I did not ask her about the details of the sale.

Upvote 0

FishRock

Mar 27, 2013
Alaska
Name
JAM
Boat
I got a package from them last year and my wife said "I would not mind having more of that."

Had half my cow turned into jerky this trip but have not received it yet. Sorry I do not have more detail for you.

Reactions: REEL FISH
Upvote 0