• Nov 27, 2006
    Santee
    Name
    Steve Brunton
    Boat
    The Big Ones
    Contact tracing I suppose?
    Did you cut and paste this?
    Is there a timeline? I suppose quarantine is indefinite.
    Where did you find this? I don't see anything on the website.

Upvote 0

Soda Pop

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Feb 12, 2011
    Fresno, CA
    Name
    David Rouse
    Boat
    Long range fishing
    Contact tracing I suppose?
    Did you cut and paste this?
    Is there a timeline? I suppose quarantine is indefinite.
    Where did you find this? I don't see anything on the website.
    It was on there facebook page.

Upvote 0

locvetter

• Mar 24, 2015
    Name
    Loc Vetter
    Boat
    Loc Vetter Casting
    I just got my beautifully processed fish from my December trip. they would tell us if someone tested positive, right??

I'll ask them.

Upvote 0

DMcD

Nov 21, 2011
    Idyllwild, Ca USA
    Name
    Dennis McDougall
    Boat
    None
    I'm not sure, but you're sure that this was 5 Star and not Fisherman's Processing? I was on a 10 day that got back Dec. 10. We were pretty much told after we left on Nov. 30, that Fisherman's would be closed for a few weeks and really not accepting any fish, etc., cuz they were moving to a new location.

That was not any deal to me, cuz I was going to get my fish processed at 5 Star anyway. I usually leave the processed fish with 5 Star of a couple of weeks anyway. I eventually decided to have them ship the fish to me, as opposed to going and picking it up myself. I was in touch with 5 Star several times since we got back, and everything seemed OK...they were just shutting down for the week or so around Xmas and New Year cuz of the slow holiday shipping times and couldn't guarantee how long shipping time would be and the quality of the product.

As they said, they would get back to me after the holidays. They did, sent me my fish, all in beautiful condition, and and I've been enjoying it ever since.

Sure hope that there wasn't something else going on...not that I'm worried about my fish and it infecting me or my wife with Covid at this point. I guess I'll let you folks know in about 8-10 days!

DMcD

PS: that first batch of yellowtail that I pan-fried in Panko, with homemade tartar sauce, was frickin phenomenal!!!

Upvote 0

tommysdad

May 14, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Jim
    Boat
    Parker 2320
    I'm not sure, but you're sure that this was 5 Star and not Fisherman's Processing? I was on a 10 day that got back Dec. 10. We were pretty much told after we left on Nov. 30, that Fisherman's would be closed for a few weeks and really not accepting any fish, etc., cuz they were moving to a new location.

That was not any deal to me, cuz I was going to get my fish processed at 5 Star anyway. I usually leave the processed fish with 5 Star of a couple of weeks anyway. I eventually decided to have them ship the fish to me, as opposed to going and picking it up myself. I was in touch with 5 Star several times since we got back, and everything seemed OK...they were just shutting down for the week or so around Xmas and New Year cuz of the slow holiday shipping times and couldn't guarantee how long shipping time would be and the quality of the product.

As they said, they would get back to me after the holidays. They did, sent me my fish, all in beautiful condition, and and I've been enjoying it ever since.

Sure hope that there wasn't something else going on...not that I'm worried about my fish and it infecting me or my wife with Covid at this point. I guess I'll let you folks know in about 8-10 days!

DMcD

PS: that first batch of yellowtail that I pan-fried in Panko, with homemade tartar sauce, was frickin phenomenal!!!
    It is indeed Five Star; posted on their FB page this afternoon.

Reactions: locvetter
    Upvote 0

wtrbrdm

1143 Miles From The Landing
    Apr 5, 2016
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Name
    Ben
    Boat
    Excel
    Pretty important topic for those heading out in the next few weeks...... Anyone have info on Mario's, Fisherman's, etc?

Upvote 0

The Right Kind

Slave to a Boat
  • Jul 9, 2003
    Santa Barbara
    Name
    Gary
    Boat
    The Right Kind - 31' Cabo Express
    Copy and paste - same as Soda said

Five Star Fish Processing
    is in
    San Diego, California

tu1Sponsonsore5hd ·

Due to the recent rise in Covid-19 cases we are closing down for quarantine and deep cleaning.

We apologize in advance for any inconvenience, but the health of our staff and customers is priority.

Upvote 0

AKSalmon

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Jul 15, 2006
    Juneau, Alaska
    Name
    Bill Brown
    Boat
    Sold my Parker. You can find me on the Red Rooster.
    I've been using 5 Star for a decade or so and have good things to say about them. I worry that this temporary closure may not be so temporary -- especially if the fleet is kept in the dock this summer.

Upvote 0

locvetter

• Mar 24, 2015
    Name
    Loc Vetter
    Boat
    Loc Vetter Casting
    I wrote to them, just to check on the reason for closure, as I had recently received some of my fish, beautifully processed. There response:

"Yes. You should be just fine. We are taking the recommended precautions as the numbers are so high in our area. Stay healthy!"

I think my fish is safe and I will use them again.

Reactions: stephen campbell
    Upvote 0

DMcD

Nov 21, 2011
    Idyllwild, Ca USA
    Name
    Dennis McDougall
    Boat
    None
    I wrote to them, just to check on the reason for closure, as I had recently received some of my fish, beautifully processed. There response:

"Yes. You should be just fine. We are taking the recommended precautions as the numbers are so high in our area. Stay healthy!"

I think my fish is safe and I will use them again.
    This sounds like no one is ill at 5 Star, but that they're just being super cautious to protect themselves and all their employees. Good to hear, and good on them.

Upvote 0

808dc

Dec 4, 2015
    Washington DC
    Name
    james
    Boat
    none

Was on the same trip. I have been travelling since, so here's to hoping they'll be open by early February to ship my catch back.

Upvote 0

Abaco

Aug 5, 2009
    Sacramento
    Name
    Dave
    Boat
    The Organ
    I hate COVID. Took my dad in August. Has dominated my work for the past year. Glad to get the impression 5 Star will get back to full speed soon. I remember chatting with Sarah and crashing on 5 Star's couch over the years before she left.

Everybody stay safe: clean hands whenever you pump gas or leave a building, vitamin D and C, good diet. I still sport the N95 mask whenever I'm grocery shopping, etc.

Upvote 0

kevina

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat
    25' aqua sport
    I hate COVID. Took my dad in August. Has dominated my work for the past year. Glad to get the impression 5 Star will get back to full speed soon. I remember chatting with Sarah and crashing on 5 Star's couch over the years before she left.

Everybody stay safe: clean hands whenever you pump gas or leave a building, vitamin D and C, good diet. I still sport the N95 mask whenever I'm grocery shopping, etc.
    Don't forget to add Zinc with those D and C's

Upvote 0

NextMikeSays

Oct 23, 2017
    SoCal
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    No boat

Careful now. We have people here who don’t believe COVID is real. You might get labeled a “Biden lover” and people claiming your dad wasn’t real. Or that he died of liberalism not Covid.

we are two full months past the election and Covid magically didn’t disappear yet.

Upvote 0