Fishing With Both Knees Next Time

Discussion in 'San Diego Long Range fishing Reports' started by Abaco, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Abaco

Abaco Member

Name:
    Dave
    Boat:
    The Organ
    Dirty mind. I like it. If the crew was the Swedish Bikini Team...yes.

2. 2amguns

2amguns Newbie

Name:
    Tom Younce
    Boat:
    Intrepid
    I still fish long Range with two 100% artificial knees.
    I exploded one completely in Oct. 2005 in a head on crash at highway speeds and the other 3 years later when I fell 20 feet out of a tree.

I do take my knee braces with me on the boats as the knees do get tired and sometimes try to bend the opposite direction.

Extra stability on the moving, pitching deck of a Long Range boat is always a great idea.

Good luck with the repair work.:hali_olutta:

3. RaceKTMs8

RaceKTMs8 Newbie

Name:
    Dan Noll
    Boat:
    none
    Since my knee surgerys I wear knee pads to cushion and protect my knees from bonks and hits. Yeah, you catch some crap but when you kneel to the tuna gods and have a nice soft surface it becomes well worth the crap.

4. Abaco

Abaco Member

Name:
    Dave
    Boat:
    The Organ
    I'm back home, with rehab goal of a 3-day in August. I generally feel like crap. But, my knee is doing ok. He did a little extra work in there and I have plenty of staples. August is a good, reachable trip time: 3-day on the Royal Star - looking for albies and blues, I figure.

The first person I saw upon being woken up in the recovery room was my recovery nurse - a very beautiful Filipina. That really helped.

5. AlBCore

AlBCore Newbie

Name:
    Phil
    Boat:
    Refill
    I expect no limp when we meet in August. We are going to slay the tunas on that 3 day.