Kos

The Tug Is My Drug
  • Aug 16, 2018
    San Diego
    Name
    Anthony
    Boat
    My wife's boat (yup!)
    I was booked on a chartered trip on the Outer Limits for a 1.5 day that was supposed to leave today. I've been booked for a few months now and paid my 50% deposit. I heard from the charter master on Wednesday that the the owner of the Outer Limits canceled our trip due to a contract with the military. Has anyone ever heard of this? I've never had it happen to me, nor have I ever heard of it happening to anyone else.

Reactions: openclass
    Upvote 0

MYNomad

Heading South
    Dec 12, 2007
    Pacific Northwest / West Coast Mexico
    Name
    Rick
    Boat
    Yes
    I suspect the owner has the contractual right to cancel, in his sole discretion, for mechanical reasons, weather . . . or anything else. But exercising that right because he got a better offer will tarnish his reputation for reliability, at least if word gets around as to the boat's identity. In any event, the guy should get ahead of it and be clear that the contract was pre-existing, etc., or some may presume that "military contract" means a few ROTC guys want to go fishing.

Reactions: Kos
    Upvote 0

openclass

Slam
  • May 28, 2009
    Napa
    Name
    Rick
    Boat
    Parker 2820
    Hang out at the dock and see what they offload when they get back. Maybe it's some UAP/LGM kinda shit that is all over the news. Inquiring BD minds want to know.👽👽👽

Reactions: smokinwater
    Upvote 0