Hismosa

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Oct 15, 2016
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Name
    Glenn
    Boat
    Boats n hoes
    Plenty of room compared to the 3/4 day combat fishing boats, they just have a tiny galley. Have a 2 day trip aboard the tbird leaving on the 10th. Hopefully the big boys stick around

Upvote 0

gingervco1

Almost A Member
    May 10, 2007
    Costa Mesa-San Jose del Cabo
    Name
    Josh
    Boat
    Parker 2120
    Expecting some serious combat fishing. Looks like they’re on nice yellows though. Any advice?
    Set your drags correctly. These yellows are tough and they take you right into the kelp/rocks. You can't give them an inch. 15 pounders mixed with 30 and 40 pounders. A few surface iron fish right now but most are coming on flyline sardine 30lb and a 2/0 hook. Tight Drag and tight lines!!

Upvote 0

dctalk523

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Dec 28, 2007
    OC
    Name
    ChoeMan
    Boat
    Never
    I’ve been eyeing the t-birds counts everyday and they’ve got a full load of 30 for the past couple of days. Weekday is your best bet for a light load. Weekend is guaranteed combat fishing.

Upvote 0

ripped

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Dec 5, 2007
    Santa Cruz
    Name
    Gary
    Boat
    Vagabond
    How's the Bunkroom layout? Does it have A/C?:starwarskid5:
    Who cares. Really, if comfort is the issue take a longer trip. Truefully we have a vessel that is willing to make the stretch miles wise on shorter trips to put you on the fish. What would Jack London say.

Upvote 0

George Mara

Almost A Member
    Apr 22, 2015
    OC
    Name
    Geo
    Boat
    Sold
    Thunderbird is a bare bones, no frills fishing machine. Small galley. Usual food. No a.c., Sat tv or other frills but the captain works hard and seems to consistently find the fish. The crew is experienced, hard working and usually keeps the combat nonsense under control No better overnighter as far as I'm concerned.

Reactions: Haly0
    Upvote 0

j4trout

Jun 3, 2013
    DVL
    Name
    JOSEPH
    Boat
    18' Reef Runner
    The Thunderbird is one of the few boats I will get my fish fillet. They do an extremely good job. To me that goes a long ways.

Upvote 0

rick Jackson

"Carpe diem"
  • May 28, 2015
    Name
    RIP Jim Peterson
    Boat
    Glasspar Avalon/SeaQuest
    Who cares. Really, if comfort is the issue take a longer trip. Truefully we have a vessel that is willing to make the stretch miles wise on shorter trips to put you on the fish. What would Jack London say.
    -Truthfully-thanks for the answer:rolleyes:

Upvote 0