Joefisherman

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Mar 27, 2007
California
Name
Joe
Boat
none
Went out Saturday night on a 1.5 day. Woke up at San Clemente Island with 34 other fishing vessels all looking for Tuna. Well, we found them. I ended up with 8 Yellowfin and my son ended up with 9 all around 20-25lbs. Most all other passengers were close to limits (of 10). I believe the final count was 139 for 19 passengers. Since I had caught enough fish for my winter - I passed off my rod approx 3-4 times to other passengers who were not as fortunate to land as many as I had.
I have read several articles about the Pacific Dawn. I have personally fished this boat around 15-20 times from Ventura to San Diego. They have always treated me and my associates very well and this trip was no different.
Just want to Thank Skinny, Mike (Dog), Fernando, Rick and chef Ana.
My son said it was one of the best trips he had been on.
Tight lines.......

Yellowfin.jpg
Yellowfin 1.JPG

SSUfish

Sep 14, 2006
San Diego
Name
Eric
Boat
n/a
Nice, I was just looking at the Pacific Dawn this morning for a possible trip next week.

Kentucky Fried Chicken

Well-Known "Member"
Jul 12, 2014
Name
kyle
Boat
titanic
"I would recommend this boat - quality crew who love to see their passengers catch fish"

Couldn't agree more!!!
Great boat, great Capt. and crew!

Reactions: Joefisherman

Bubba

May 6, 2004
Pismo Beach
Name
Bubba
Boat
18' Trophy
Sounds like a great trip. Been fishing the Pac Dawn for yrs, awesome boat and crew.

King Halibut

BigBoy
Sep 11, 2008
Buena Park, Calif
Name
Dave
Boat
none
All,

I rode a two day in August on the Pac Dawn and couldn't have asked for a better time, crew, captain or any more fish than we caught.
Pat Cavanaugh's a great captain, put us on fish both days, couldn't ask for a better crew and Ana rocks in the galley.
Definitely would ride her again!

KH

boswell

Sep 19, 2003
Marina del Rey
Name
jay
Boat
no got
Glad you got them. Pat's crew has been together for a long time, which should tell you something. I've neve had a bad trip on that boat, and I've had some extraordinary ones.

JIM E

Aug 16, 2006
Arcadia, CA.
Name
Jim
Boat
None
A little info please,,, I'm going out on the Pac star tomorrow,,,what would be the recomended rig to drop in with with ?? Looking at the pics I'm thinking 20 /w a 2/0 ??

Joe Awsomsauce

Well-Known "Member"
Sep 16, 2014
Name
john
Boat
none
great boat . I fished out of ventura and it was the only day of about 40 days they didn't get wsb and it was still one of the best trips i have been on.

Joefisherman

Mar 27, 2007
California
Name
Joe
Boat
none
A little info please,,, I'm going out on the Pac star tomorrow,,,what would be the recomended rig to drop in with with ?? Looking at the pics I'm thinking 20 /w a 2/0 ??
I used mostly 20lb-25lb test line with a #2 hook. (I brought 30lb and 40lb too - but only used the 30lb when the bite was going crazy)
The bait was 4-6 inch Sardines.
Good luck

WILLIEJEANS

Well-Known "Member"
Sep 16, 2009
VENTURA, CA
Name
BILLY
Boat
25' PARKER BUCKLE UP
LIKE I SAID BEFORE PAT & CREW ARE AS GOOD AS IT GETS & YOU WONT MEET A MORE HUMBLE CAPT THAN PAT!

peteking

Everybody take a look at the bad guy-T. Montana
Apr 21, 2013
Arcadia/CA/USA
Name
Pete King
Boat
Ohana
Yes. And have a 50# rig ready in case they go wide open.

Good luck!!!